Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

RiotStore App

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AmericanSyrup

10-17-2013

So I have friends that go out of town a lot on business and don't take their personal computers. How about a RiotStore app that allows you to buy skins, champs, bundles, rp, etc from your phone so that people out of town don't miss out on sales? Not sure how to get this noticed so everyone let's get this some red attention.

Saberprivateer

Product Manager

10-17-2013

Hi AmericanSyrup!
I have the feels for your friends. In a previous job I was often flying Monday - Thursday and lugging around that extra brick was a pain. I didn't want to install LoL on the company laptop so I brought my own to get in some games at night in the hotel.

As a first step we are working on enabling purchasing on the web. We want to make things convenient for players but also make sure purchases are safe. Out of the various items on your list...which would you want first?

GameZombie

10-17-2013

One thing I would love to see from riot is a messenger/builder app so I can adjust my runes, masteries, etc... while im out and about and that then syncs to my live account.

Byrnes

10-17-2013

^
I honestly think a general League of Legends app would be good. In my opinion it should be some sort of twisted love child of the Steam app and the facebook app: main feed could be like the forums (or homepage), swiping left brings you your friends list/messenger, swiping right could bring you the forum type panel, etc. Champion lore, counter information, etc could all be built in. And then of course a store section - which would be more accessible than the computer at any given time.

Samraku

10-17-2013

Quote:
Saberprivateer:
Hi AmericanSyrup!
I have the feels for your friends. In a previous job I was often flying Monday - Thursday and lugging around that extra brick was a pain. I didn't want to install LoL on the company laptop so I brought my own to get in some games at night in the hotel.

As a first step we are working on enabling purchasing on the web. We want to make things convenient for players but also make sure purchases are safe. Out of the various items on your list...which would you want first?

imho I think skins would be the priority for mobile purchasing.

Kuliya

10-17-2013

Another idea would be to make a "Wishlist" of sorts. In the client, have a section that gives the options for "Notify me when X goes on sale" or "Auto-Purchase X when it goes on sale". Don't forget to have the function ask"How would you like to play for this?". For Auto-Purchase, you would need to set aside equal amount of RP or IP as if you already purchased it.

I think that it'd be a great way for Riot to get a demographic of what people are waiting for most and act accordingly.

Neoseanster

10-17-2013

Things I would love to eventually see in a League of Legends app, in no particular order:

• Access to the store.
  • The ability to view profiles and match histories.
  • Full access to your friends list, including to send and receive messages as if you were online from your home computer.
  • A good mobile version of the forums/new community beta site, with a DevTracker.
  • This is a big and probably awfully difficult and far off one, and bandwidth constraints might make it impractical except when you've got a wifi network in range for you to hook your phone up to, but a mobile version of the spectator client would be so many kinds of awesome.

Jace77

10-17-2013

I think people would just like the client on the go minus actually playing games.

AmericanSyrup

10-24-2013

Quote:
Saberprivateer:
Hi AmericanSyrup!

Oh sweet didnt think a red would post on this. For the sake of security right now, maybe just a riot store minus the ability to buy RP. that way who would hack someones account just to buy them skins/champs on sale. Purchasing on the web is a good first step as most people have smartphones so its one step closer to doing the same thing as an app =-)