Riot lied, but I won't - I'm enjoying your tears today, GD.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlubbyDG

10-17-2013

Riot seems to enjoy pulling little "jokes" on their customers - you know, silly stunts like stating they will do something then turning around and doing the complete opposite.

The punchline is that you, GD, continue to loyally defend their every move - until it's you that's effected.

Just moments ago you were tearing apart the veteran supporters, the ones Riot lied to about LE skins. Anybody who took issue with Riot's blatant and intentional dishonesty, was called a "screaming child", and downvoted into oblivion. Even threads that were okay with the lie, but simply suggested greater compensation, were boo'd off the stage for being too "entitled". You told them there was "no issue", because the EULA gives Riot the legal rights to do anything they want with your digital content.

Life isn't fair, Riot can do what they want, and people just needed to deal with it, right?
...Wait, why not? Just a second ago you said-
...Ah, I see...
Well, this is certainly amusing...

It seems that despite the word of Riot, 1350 skins are here to stay. This time it's the majority who've been lied to - not just a small fraction of veterans. And oooh baby, best whip out them umbrellas cuz the tears-storm be a brewin!

Not that I disagree with it - Riot is consistently and unabashedly dishonest with their customers. They've fed us so many lines over the years - let's do some quick highlights:

-At launch, it was stated that a champion's IP costs were to be "based on their difficulty level". Lmao.

-Shortly after launch, Riot released skins advertised explicitly as "rare" and "exclusive", stressing that they'd never be sold again. Lmao.

-After two 6300 champs released in a row, Riot assured us this would not be the standard - and that they were committed to continuing to provide champs at all price points. Lmao.

-After repricing many existing skins, Riot declared that skin prices would be reflect the effort of making them and not their popularity. This apparently means pink Taric was exceedingly tricky to create...Lmao.

-And, most recently, we were told that skins priced at 1350 RP would not become a standard of any kind. It was a one-time deal and new skins would continue to be priced at 975. Lmao.

So, what have we learned today?
It's that Riot merely wants to keep the appearance of an honest company. They don't actually wish to be. They will "change their stance" as it suits them, and send out of a few drones to try and sweet-talk everyone into accepting it.

They like to carefully gamble with their PR. They weigh and predict what they can get away with. Will the amount of players who get pissed off and leave cost more than the money-grabs will bring in? They test the waters by introducing something unpleasant - always with assurances that it's just this once. They bide their time, and see if people will still shell out the cash - and they inevitably do. That's when they slam their "change of stance" into place, and send in the smooth-talkers for damage control.

It appears today is one of those days, doesn't it GD?
And you're pissed off, aren't you?

Good.
Because I've been pissed off for a long time over **** like this - with you people flinging dirt at me all the while.
But not today.
Today I think I'll just take a load off and soak in the tears.
The sweet, refreshing tears of selfish hypocrites finally getting their comeuppance.

In closing, I'll leave you with some of the same words you've so generously bestowed on me in the past:

"Cry more you screaming, entitled brat! It doesn't matter what your mommy told you, you are not a special snowflake, and Riot doesn't owe you anything! You signed a EULA that gives Riot the right to do whatever they want with your digital content! They lied to you? Well tough sh*t, life isn't fair kid. The sooner you learn that, the better. This is a video game you're crying over. If you don't like it you should just quit - believe me, nobody will miss you!"

EDIT:
There is also another dishonest manipulation of the community I haven't mentioned - the intentional creating of "controversy" to spark flame wars, so Riot can swoop in with a miracle "solution" they had already planned - and come off looking like the good guys!

Two such occurrences were 34% and UFO Corki.

In the case of UFO Corki, a poll was created to either a) not unlock the champion at all or b) unlock it "but don't refund original owners" - yes, this wording was actually part of the poll! Both options were clearly "lose" situations that would incite anger. Riot PR is not dumb - they would only do this because their plan was to "solve" the problem with IP boosts and come off looking thoughtful and generous - which they would have been, had they not pulled this malicious stunt beforehand.

The 34% was for an IP weekend. The number 34 was so obviously chosen to look underwhelming - PR people would never have missed this. It could have easily rounded to 35% to look like more substantial, and would in all likelihood have been rounded to 50%. Of course 34% was never intended...it was always going to be a double IP weekend. The whole staged controversy was to distract people from the fact that this "awesome surprise!" for voting LoL to the top of gaming charts was incredibly underwhelming. Holding it back, then "giving in" gave the false appearance of Riot "listening to the community!".

If intentionally sowing negativity within the community for a PR stunt isn't dishonest, I don't know what is.

Voidgolem

10-17-2013

what I learned today is that I could make a shiny bouncing poop .gif for a skin, put it up for a week, and make mad dosh because it's exclusive and 'limited'.

and then have people get upset if I later decide to release the poop .gif again because now other people will have it.

Tunoko

10-17-2013

Some good content, but inappropriate tone and delivery imo. not upvoting or downvoting for now.

DomainSpecific

10-17-2013

Couldn't care less about those situations as I never buy skins. Such a shame since I was going to buy my first skin during this Harrowing Event.

Also, I used to like IronStylus a lot, he was my fav Rioter. However, after his last posts on the Zyra skin price, I realized he is a c.unt, just like everyone else in this company (except Hippalu$, when I get out of college, I wanna be like him).

roborobber

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weave and Cleave View Post
Some good content, but inappropriate tone and delivery imo. not upvoting or downvoting for now.
Tone and delivery don't really matter as this is a gloating thread, and even if it weren't it wouldn't effect any change within Riot.

NoLuckJustBBQ

10-17-2013

Seriously 975 was already a lot for certain skins, It's a bad marketing scheme keeping their word and leaving 975 as a base price to skins would net them far more.

MurderDeathKills

10-17-2013

Go play games where they charge you 15 bucks a month just to complete generic quests that culminate in the same boring end game as every other worthless game.

They sell vanity stuff. It's the way they fund themselves. Asking them not to is being selfish and greedy.

IS1c0576ec0ecef2

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlubbyDG View Post
snip
Don't forget about how they just randomly decided to cancel IP/RP Champion sales. Yup that's right.. Champs in the past would be half off both RP and IP.

Sydelle

10-17-2013

just sayin, u dont have to buy anything to play

Arkaia

10-17-2013

What do tears taste like?