AP Corki Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SZEFEN

Recruiter

10-16-2013

I recently picked up AP Corki. He has a very flexible kit, safe farming, good disengage, great poke.
And he's AoE. He's a ranged, AoE poke / mage in the mid lane that has a strong escape and okay dueling potential.

And he's a solid pick vs mid-lane assassins due to his poke and his disengage.

I've been playing around with a few different builds.

An example build for Corki is Athenes > Sorcs > Haunting > Rylai/Void/Liandri > Hat/DFG/Lich. Doing some math, Athenes + haunting + Ryalis = 60 + 25 + 80 AP = 165 AP. At 2.5 items, that's not a lot of AP. With Liandri's, Void and Hat, that becomes 60 + 50 + 80 + 70 + 120 + (380(.3) = 114) = 114 + 380 = ~500 AP.
At 2.5 items, Corki does 280+ 80 = 360 damage per Q. And he does 260+54 = 315~ per shot, 390 + 81 = 470 every third shot.
At 5 items, he does 410 per r and 615 per third. His Q does 530.
The difference between 2.5 items and 5 items is only 100 per R and 150 per third.

My question is, would it be possible to build Mpen + CDR Corki, but build him AD?
For example: Athenes, Sorc boots, SoTEL (40% CDR), Liandri's, Void Staff, BT?
Or swap the SoTEL + BT for Trinity Force + BT?

So, thoughts? Could AP Corki trade dcap and ryalis for sotel + BT, or trinity + bt? Given that his missiles scale off of 30% AP, 20% AD, going for a BT or SoTEL won't hurt his missile damage output drastically, since his ult has a .35 AP ratio (average) as it is.

Deathcap scaling will hurt, but Corki often trades Dcap for a defensive item anyways. Also, SoTeL offers 40 true damage on hit at level 18, which translates to the exact amount of AP that the 30% bonus AP from deathcap offers (not counting the base 120 AP), in addition to 35 AD, 10% CDR and
wave clear. And it costs much less.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SZEFEN

Recruiter

10-16-2013

Edit: Also, masteries for "hybrid" if anyone is interested.

http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ki-build-guide
Is my baseline. I've changed around the masteries a bit.

I run a 9 0 21, primarily because AP Corki doesn't have amazing AP ratios and scales really well off of CDR. The gp10 from masteries stacks with the gp10 rune page I run with him. The starting gold, movespeed, mana regen and summoner CD helps his lane sustain / bully / survivability.

I run this with mpen, armor/gp10, flat mr, gp10.

Or I run a 21 9 0. This works better vs champs like Orianna, Gragas, Brand, Xerath or other champs that can trade or deal with poke, giving more AD early allowing me to trade autos more effectively, and the defensive masteries help me not die and resist poke.

I run this with mpen, armor, flat mr, flat ad.

I'm playing around with CDR blues. 18% at level one is epic, but not having flat MR hurts.