Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mestergrog

10-16-2013

Quote:
PoppaMan:
One last note, what do you mean, "IP considerations"? Its, "ur gonna be overpriced for a week, then overpriced for the rest of time! yay!"

Pretty sure that IP stands for intellectual property. The full context is:
"Challenges in the general sense are technical limitations of the engine, tech that might have to be created for a champion/skin/relaunch, IP considerations and a lot of crafting around making robust characters."

Probably means something like: since so many ideas and designs have already been done, when a new champion is made it have a certain design but still feel different from similar characters. For example, compare Thresh and the Grim Reaper: similar but also very different. Or Lucian and the Matrix and/or the Paladin/Cleric archetype found in MMOs.

CrytoCloud

10-16-2013

So... Stormblade / Bladestorm Karma has definitely been cancelled then? Just curious...

Mestergrog

10-16-2013

Quote:
Tortferngatr:
If Parrot comes back to the thread for more looks, I'd consider bringing up the possibility of a Crimson Elite Draven.

Draven wouldn't be part of a secret Noxian task force like that.
"Draven Elite Draven" is more like it.

AlcoholicKitsune

10-16-2013

Quote:
Mestergrog:
Depends on what's meant by the "standard" price; the usual price for a skin is still 975.
Starting from the first 1350 skin, Mecha Kha'Zix (released Sept 27, 2012), there have been a total of 66 skins released.

This takes into account every skin released since then, including limited availability skins such as the TPA skins, Riot Blitzcrank, Halloween Skins, Snowdown, etc.

1 ultimate skin
5 legendary skins
10 1350 skins
44 975 skins
5 750 skins

and 1 award-only skin (Victorious Janna)

(correct me if I've counted wrong or forgot to add a skin)

Only one you forgot was Victorious Jarven IV back from Season 1.

lightdragoon88

10-16-2013

Wow...the amount of buthurt and B(@*$ing here.

Poor parrot.....

lightdragoon88

10-16-2013

Quote:
civ:
you probably counted right, but you should count from when they announced the new price brackets and the repricing of the old skins.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3328361

Oh I did that before:

Quote:
lightdragoon88:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...t=price+change

They said 7-15%

And as of this year we had:

Justicar Aatrox
Blackfrost Anivia
iBlitzcrank
Woad King Darius
Gladiator Draven
Steel Legion Garen
Debonair Jayce
Aether Wing Kayle
Bloodstone Lissandra
Steel Legion Lux
Ghost Bride Morgana
Headhunter Nidalee
Phoenix Quinn
Bear Cavalry Sejuani
Masked Shaco
Ice Drake Shyvana
Celestine Soraka
Deep Terror Thresh
Spirit Guard Udyr
Runeguard Volibear
Special Weapon Zac
Panda Annie
Jade Fang Cassiopeia
Dragonwing Corki
Warring Kingdoms Jarvan IV
Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao
TPA Dr. Mundo
TPA Ezreal
TPA Nunu
TPA Orianna
TPA Shen

So 5 out of 31 released this year....that is 16% so far.

Take the pool party into account and it 6 out of 35 or 17%.

Take Riot Blitzcrank, Forecast Janna, and Arcade Hec and it is 7 out of 37 or 19%

A little ahead right now of the 15%, but with events coming up soon and other skins set to be release this will go down.

But it nowhere near 50%

It is a little outdated now...but I think it still stands.

K1ngslayer

10-16-2013

Basically, the players are penalized because of the champion's design. Hard to design? Whatever, increase skin price. That's the reasoning I see Riot making, which is a crappy one.

Essentially, the players will never have a chance to ever get a Zyra skin for less than 1350 RP. Just because "it's Zyra".

Coredor

10-16-2013

@ironstylus people are passionate about the things they love. You can't honestly tell me you've never said something insulting to someone in the heat of an argument that was neither productive or called for. Now multiply that out by the number of people that browse this forum and you're going to see some flak.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there is an excuse for bad behavior. But over the years you have always been nice and kept a level head. I don't think there is any need to transition off of these forums. The format you described brings it's own set of problems. If anyone talks about nerfing a champion they'll never get upvotes no matter how much they need it.

What I'm saying is, you're punishing all of us for the actions of a few. It makes me sad.

Blizzazz

10-16-2013

Ironstylus while you do get some negative comments from GD do know that there are some of us who truly love it when you come to the forums and talk to us :P

SlumlordThanatos

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Side note: I'm sort of transitioning away from the old forums here in GD, and am becoming more active on the community beta site. I probably won't be back into this thread to follow up or answer questions, so if you'd like to discuss subjects like this, make your way over to http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/ and transition the conversation.

Thanks!

You, too?

Aren't there any Rioters who prefer a traditional forum layout, or are you all groupthink'd into thinking that the beta is a good thing for the community?