Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Gwyn

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Mundo.

As long as the players are allowed to have opinions, the teams will be mired with hates until the players get EXACTLY what they want. So don't pay any attention to the playerbase who believes they are entitled to it all and listen to something like the idea forums.

t4tNoFp4Ve

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Quick, straight from the mouth of our Lead Character Artist:

"Zyra is probably the most work-intensive and challenging champion to make skins for."

what happened to

"Udyr is THE most work intensive and challenging champion to make skins for"

Because of the ****ton models, and animations for each model because of stances
And that since he was THAT champion, the only way to make an skin for him was an Ultimate

Now it's Zyra then?

Based Bob Ross

Recruiter

10-16-2013

@IronStylus It's nice that you care so much about the quality of a skins but you don't have to do that all the time. Sometimes a simple recolor will suffice. Heck, I happen to believe that some of the best skins are recolors(Nottingham Ezreal, Nighemare Cho' Gath).

Question, When Zyra dies, does her spirit jolt out of the tombstone as a passive missle? *nudge* *nudge*

Byrnes

10-16-2013

I don't care much about pricing at this point one way or another, but it does seem like faulty logic to say you have a standard for skin pricing but because you guys chose to make really difficult champions (in terms of animation/particles/etc) we will now have to accept that there will never be cheaper skins for them. It is like the whole Udyr thing...

Basically, my point is this: you guys are arguing that prices should be higher for particular champions' skins because it takes longer to make their skins, but it only takes so long because of the champion - not because of the skin, shouldn't that be taken into consideration? In other words why are we being penalized for something we have no control over?

Tortferngatr

10-16-2013

Quote:
LadyKäiser:
That new skin so awesome though.

I have to admit, I personally love the looks. I do not like that she has to compete with Haunting Nocturne, Haunting Maokai, Zombie Brand, Pirate Ryze, Definitely Not Blitzcrank, and eventually Snowmerdinger, Festive Maokai, and Reindeer Kog for my RP. '~'

I do think it would be nice for us to get a 750 RP "Mad Scientist Zyra" skin that simply gives her a labcoat with her skin's color patterns tinting it, and maybe minor changes to the color/shape of her hair/flowers. A cheap skin executed well is still a great skin (this is why I personally do not find the price changes complaints valid--French Maid Nidalee is still sexy; Pharaoh Nidalee is still cool; post-relaunch Chosen Master Yi remained 520; lots of older champions' cooler-themed skins got reductions [Pentakill Karthus, anyone?]; so what if we get a few comparative duds like 5th Age Taric and Frostblade Irelia stuck a tier above what they're arguably worth?).

Averdrian

10-16-2013

bump

Ailwuful2

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Very much not up to par. It was my work and I totally admit it.

Have to comment on this. I was greatly expecting more Crimson Elite skins for Noxus, and no skins ever came. I think both Riven's and Talon's Crimson Elite Skin are the best.

Mestergrog

10-16-2013

Quote:
TootlesTheGoon:
This is probably the first time I've ever downvoted a response from the Parrot.

I'm sorry, but the skin should not be 1350, especially when the community is giving you a TON of negative feedback.
You guys said that 1350 wasn't gonna be a standard, but it's way too easy to call BS on that, now. You're slowing losing the trust and support of the community, and I don't know of many (if any) games that do well when their community is regularly unhappy and distrustful.

Depends on what's meant by the "standard" price; the usual price for a skin is still 975.
Starting from the first 1350 skin, Mecha Kha'Zix (released Sept 27, 2012), there have been a total of 66 skins released.

This takes into account every skin released since then, including limited availability skins such as the TPA skins, Riot Blitzcrank, Halloween Skins, Snowdown, etc.

1 ultimate skin
5 legendary skins
10 1350 skins
44 975 skins
5 750 skins

and 1 award-only skin (Victorious Janna)

(correct me if I've counted wrong or forgot to add a skin)

Tortferngatr

10-16-2013

Quote:
Ailwuful2:
Have to comment on this. I was greatly expecting more Crimson Elite skins for Noxus, and no skins ever came. I think both Riven's and Talon's Crimson Elite Skin are the best.

If Parrot comes back to the thread for more looks, I'd consider bringing up the possibility of a Crimson Elite Draven.

civ

10-16-2013

Quote:
Mestergrog:
Depends on what's meant by the "standard" price; the usual price for a skin is still 975.
Starting from the first 1350 skin, Mecha Kha'Zix (released Sept 27, 2012), there have been a total of 66 skins released.

This takes into account every skin released since then, including limited availability skins such as the TPA skins, Riot Blitzcrank, Halloween Skins, Snowdown, etc.

1 ultimate skin
5 legendary skins
10 1350 skins
44 975 skins
5 750 skins

and 1 award-only skin (Victorious Janna)

(correct me if I've counted wrong or forgot to add a skin)

you probably counted right, but you should count from when they announced the new price brackets and the repricing of the old skins.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3328361