Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KyuzoS7

10-16-2013

@IronStylus regardless of what other GDer's say i believe you're a great Artist love your work on Leona and Diana.

just my 2 cents .

AntiSkillshot

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Not sure on her status, but I'm pretty sure we weren't really pleased with the outcome, and we felt there were better themes to use on her.

I can understand the Cyber Katarina skin. But, the Crimson Elite Katarina skin?

EvilTreeSpock

10-16-2013

Quote:
LiftsLikeGaston:
There was no PR bull in my comment, I just told you what I care about. To answer your question, yes there are multiple models. That still doesn't change that all the customer sees is the finished product and if they aren't happy with it it doesn't matter how much work was put in.

Im sorry but this is such childish logic. You dont like how the product turns out, then dont buy it. Expecting any company to price things based on how you feel about it is just childish fantasy.

Zerglinator

10-16-2013

Quote:
LiftsLikeGaston:
There was no PR bull in my comment, I just told you what I care about. To answer your question, yes there are multiple models. That still doesn't change that all the customer sees is the finished product and if they aren't happy with it it doesn't matter how much work was put in.

We have actually not seen all the skin has to offer yet. And it seems like a lot of opinion is coming into this. Again, I wanted a simple answer to the multiple models questions, not an answer with extraneous additions to further the anti-1350 campaign. Maybe I'm a bad person for looking for facts.

Also, I will say, if you don't like it, what point is there in complaining about the price? If you don't like it you should be honest with yourself and NOT BUY IT, and give the offending company NO money rather than demanding that they lower the price so that you can spend money on the displeasing product.

Volor Flex

10-16-2013

Quote:
KyuzoS7:
@IronStylus regardless of what other GDer's say i believe you're a great Artist love your work on Leona and Diana.

just my 2 cents .

Nobodies insulting IronStylus' artistic ability. Everybody is questioning Riot's marketing team and IronStylus is getting upset over the flack of something he doesn't control.

Send Me Lewds

10-16-2013

Quote:
EvilTreeSpock:
Im sorry but this is such childish logic. You dont like how the product turns out, then dont buy it. Expecting any company to price things based on how you feel about it is just childish fantasy.

You generally price things based on what customers are willing to pay for them. Just thought you should know that.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-16-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
Three Sivir models, much of the work on Quinn, a Viktor skin, Battlemage Soraka. Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting your posts, but to an observer like me it seems like you are junking a lot of time-intensive work for quality reasons when that probably should have been decided earlier in the process.

Models are very different than rigged models with animation sets. Models are a different kind of work comparatively depending on the complexity of the character to the process of rigging and animating. They're not "easier" but they're earlier on in the pipeline. It's easier to throw them away than something that's had a lot more production time in it.

Models alone also come in various stages of development. We threw out work on Sivir in the sculpting phase, the high-poly Zbrush sculpt, no texture, no re-topo, none of the actual work to make it a game asset. Quinn was iterated on but nothing was thrown away. I'm not sure what Viktor skin you're referring to other than one way back in the day that just wasn't up to quality, not nearly as cool as Maker Viktor is at least, and the Battlemage Soraka felt sub-par to us when we completed it. I was dissapointed because I worked on it, but it was the team's call and I reached the same conclusion once we all reviewed it. Soraka however.. at least I don't think.. was fully animated and rigged. I could be mistaken though.

It's not normal at all for something to reach that level of completion (low-poly model, rigged, animated, etc) and then to throw it out. It has happened, but it's very rare.

Eyrgos

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
I'm a senior, not a lead, just to clarify, and I'm not on the Skins team, so I don't really attend many of the ideation/production meetings. I think what you're suggesting is a delightful idea, but I'm not sure why the Skins team didn't go this direction.

Thanks for visiting the thread Iron!

People are a bit sad they feel like you did it real fast in & out just to appease the players there... a few questions have been asked since if you care to answer & make them feel special (and not just an appeasement, although I know you're a busy birdman)...

On-Topic:

I didn't realize you weren't involved with Skins! Duly noted. Thanks for being like Batman from TDK in how you take so much **** from everybody for their sake... I love you for that & I'm sorry you've gotta be Batman. I want to take some burden away .

Zerglinator

10-16-2013

Quote:
LiftsLikeGaston:
You generally price things based on what customers are willing to pay for them. Just thought you should know that.

Dang, I should be a lot less willing to pay for mattresses then. Those are expensive!

Spitsonkittens

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
snip

Hey ironstylus, not sure how you will feel about this question, but here we go.

Is there something about the game itself that makes it really hard to design content for it? I really feel like that seems to be the case. It seems like a painstaking process to make even one champion.

What are the other companies doing that make producing content such a breeze? I'll be honest, I'm an airhead on this topic. I'm just curious what the real differences are between this game and say, Skyrim when it comes to making models.