Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

awesomemike64

Recruiter

10-16-2013

Quote:
Corvo Cuervo:
The term "quality control" comes to mind.

Edit: wait, you must have meant Exterminator Twitch and Robb Blackblade, of course. How stupid of me.

Boy howdy, I'd sure pay money for these le gems!

http://elohell.net/public/chill/735dcb93e842554205c1d9786526dab1.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110323070006/leagueoflegends/images/0/08/RobBlackBlade-Render.png

Arm Cannon Tristana as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Doh8TndhvG8

Gespens

10-16-2013

Quote:
TheUltimate3:
Probably. But looking at it from a completely outside view, which one is easier to deal with? The place where every single post is right in your face, or one where only the best of the best is seen and shared.

I don't like Reddit. I find it very confusing and archaic. I don't like the Beta forums because it has the exact same problem. I do however see the benefit of effectively weeding out the stupid. Is it perfect, hell no. Is it better than being none as the backend of the League of Legends Community? Yes.

But it isn't even 'the best' of anything. Just the posts that are most liked. It is practically Youtube comments level intelligence.

Again, a 2ch style text board would be SO much easier to handle. Each Rioter gets their own AMA in a special board, no more images to post hentai or offensive comments, no names to attach to stupid people.

There is a reason why the site is in the top 1000 on Alexa.

League of Nunu

10-16-2013

Whats your guy's reasoning behind only making 2 skins while all these others years have been packed with content for seasonal event? I mean really only 1 skin sticks to the theme . You guys have been lacking in content this entire year whether id be champion or skin both are lacking . Where does all the extra time go ? It's not like riot is not growing or anything they getting massively big and to only have 1 skin and nothing else is quite disappointing to say the least.

Amaroq

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Ah, this attitude.. Thanks for giving me one more reason to transition off of GD.

*Looks for popcorn in pantry
*Finds nothing
*Cries

EvilTreeSpock

10-16-2013

Honestly Im kinda okay with the new pricing. Skins are getting better and better and a lot more work is going into them as Parrot pointed out earlier, especially with so many transforming champions. I understand and appreciate how much work Riot puts into League and improving player experience. As quality improves, prices will go up. I dont think anyone who works at Riot would be happy with creating skins that arent as good as what they can make just to fit a price point. I wouldnt be happy if Riot started creating skins that arent as good as they can be. Yes I would prefer more 975 skins, but what do we really know about how much work goes into these skins and Im willing to pay more as skin quality continues to improve.

Luna Wolf

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Some things to note:

1) The beta isn't terribly old, it has yet to be the go-to.

2) The format is new, it's going to be scary at first, certainly was to me.

3) GD and this forum is what we know, we're going to be more inclined to check it. Rioters have known it well for a long time, going to be hard to transition.

4) Season 3 crunch is winding down, hopefully more people will be able to engage again as we move onto more content.

Just some food for thought.

Parrot just a suggestion here but this thread would really appreciate your opinion. I've seen it on the front page quite a few times now.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3952200

GLaD0S

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Just read it and commented, though I'm not a designer. I'll see if I can send a designer that way though.

please do! I'm very excited to possibly get a legitimate leblanc discussion going.

You have said yourself that she is quite difficult to design skins for, perhaps you should be involved in the conversation, and try to help us figure out ways to make her feel more unique in design.

Postal Miku

10-16-2013

STYLUS

YOU AND YOUR TEAM ARE TOO SLOW
Sorry, but that is the truth, and I really don't care if I am downvoted for telling the harsh truth

Why are we waiting so long for a new skin on over half the damn cast?
Quality over quantity right? well it's even more unfun to deal with then getting a not so quality skin because you are waiting YEARS for a skin release of your fave champion

either hire more people, or establish that there is a 520 price point and make skins what take less effort and still look nice, recolors and remodling should still be an option, skins do not need to have new particle and sounds all the time, its why they are called SKINS

Oh No Bananas

10-16-2013

Along these lines, is it safe to say that all of Rumble, Shyvana, Nidalee, Elise, Swain skins from now on that arent just recolors are going to cost more, because of the extra effort that has to be put into those skins?

FatedTitan

Recruiter

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Which ones are you referring to? I'm curious, I can't seem to recollect.

Scorched Earthed Renekton and a Diana skin that was, if I remember correctly, scrapped because an opportunity for an event skin came up and you wanted to do it.

I understand wanting diversity in champion skin releases, but what is wrong with releasing both the event skin and the one that was almost complete?