Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Send Me Lewds

10-16-2013

Quote:
Flytrap:
I wonder how they're going to handle the Zyra SKT skin...

Do you have to ask? IronStylus already explained earlier in the thread with his first post. You can expect any and all Zyra skins to be 1350, no matter the quality, because they simply "take more work".

TheUltimate3

10-16-2013

Quote:
Zhugan:
That doesn't make it any less of a cesspool... That just means that people are acting like a cesspool isn't a cesspool. Which is just ignorance, not a real change.

Even if your observation is right, it doesn't change anything. It just changes what the cesspool is called.

Probably. But looking at it from a completely outside view, which one is easier to deal with? The place where every single post is right in your face, or one where only the best of the best is seen and shared.

I don't like Reddit. I find it very confusing and archaic. I don't like the Beta forums because it has the exact same problem. I do however see the benefit of effectively weeding out the stupid. Is it perfect, hell no. Is it better than being none as the backend of the League of Legends Community? Yes.

Corvo Cuervo

10-16-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
Now if only they didn't keep throwing away painstakingly animated finished models...

The term "quality control" comes to mind.

Edit: wait, you must have meant Exterminator Twitch and Robb Blackblade, of course. How stupid of me.

Boy howdy, I'd sure pay money for these le gems!

http://elohell.net/public/chill/735dcb93e842554205c1d9786526dab1.jpg
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110323070006/leagueoflegends/images/0/08/RobBlackBlade-Render.png

Auren

Recruiter

10-16-2013

So I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised by this skin. I love Zyra and I have probably half my games played on her. I've been looking forward to a new skin for a long time and I was a bit afraid a Halloween skin would have her spawning pumpkins. I'm quite glad its not.

Given that Zyra skins are so difficult to make, will it likely be a year before we see another skin? I'd like to see a skin that is more thematic instead of being so tied to a specific event.

Firefly Captain

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Oh absolutely.

Parrot I apologize to you. Just went to the beta site for the first time. 100% loving it. I wish I could rescind my earlier downvotes in this thread.

Edit: LOL you can change your vote in the community beta, but not in the forums. Dat irony.

AntiSkillshot

10-16-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
Parrot, seriously, stahp. I am already familiar with reddit style formats. I think they're a terrible, terrible format for actually having a discussion. The votes are the worst part of this forum (well the trolls are complete lack of moderation is, but you know what I mean) and now you guys are making it even worse. There is a reason I only post on more traditional forum formats, and it's not fear of change.

All this.

Also, i'm slightly annoyed that my discussion about Annie's ma and pa being, possibly ,champions (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3866567) was, largely, ignored.
Or even my question about how the Magma Chamber will work (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3949363). Which, also, ignored. But I understand that one more than the discussion about Annie's mother and father.

UnderworldH4des

10-16-2013

Quote:
Flytrap:
I wonder how they're going to handle the Zyra SKT skin...

Was too hard to add logo and particles....1890 RP bc plants.

tailsmph

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Which ones are you referring to? I'm curious, I can't seem to recollect.

Scorched Earth Renek comes to mind

wapster

10-16-2013

IronStylus,

Since you're one of the lead artists at Riot, I can only assume that you have some influence in which skins get made and whatnot. My question is: why was the obvious (and highly fan recommended) pumpkin-themed Zyra skin brushes aside for a graveyard themed one?

People have been voicing their desires for a new Zyra skin for a long time now, and many of the issues of new Zyra skins were how niche of a character she is (with the whole plant theme not being very exploitable, etc).

So, it just seems baffling that a Halloween themed skin that seemed so obvious, hard to screw up, and almost expected in the fans eyes came out as something so different. If you guys were to have told us that Zyra would've been getting a Harrowing skin, but not what it actually was, 100% of the speculation would've let people to think of a pumpkin-themed Zyra with little pumpkin roots and seeds that had different faces carved into them for whatever spell she used. Her ult could be a pumpkin patch, etc etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: why was her actual skin direction taken over the much easier, more expected, and generally (arguably) better skin proposal? It just fits so well with Halloween that it is just crazy to think of the reasons why Pumpkin Zyra wasn't picked over a graveyard theme.

Also, one more quick question. The human form on Victorious Elise has some really big issues in terms of visuals. The red undertones do not go well at all with her blue trims (these colors together are the definition of visual clash), and some colors on her armor do not even match the promo art that was given to us. In addition, her armor doesn't really feel or look like armor. In addition, her purple skirt really needs to be done away with to a more royal / deep blue color to keep in theme.

Zhugan

10-16-2013

Quote:
TheUltimate3:
Probably. But looking at it from a completely outside view, which one is easier to deal with? The place where every single post is right in your face, or one where only the best of the best is seen and shared.

I don't like Reddit. I find it very confusing and archaic. I don't like the Beta forums because it has the exact same problem. I do however see the benefit of effectively weeding out the stupid. Is it perfect, hell no. Is it better than being none as the backend of the League of Legends Community? Yes.

I'd agree, except that good points can be made that are wildly unpopular. A person can say something that needs heard, and on reddit/the beta site you'll never see it if it isn't a popular opinion. It'll be lost to the recesses of the internet. Probably forever.

Not to mention the amount of trivial stuff that I've seen significantly upvoted on GD/reddit. Stuff that doesn't even make sense to be at the top of the list.

So, the new format makes it easier to ignore unpopular opinions, even if they're true. And it makes it easier for really stupid **** to rise to the top if, for some ridiculous reason, the masses deem that it is worthy of being popular.

Point being: Its just as messed up as this forum. All you're really gonna see is whatever is the popular opinion at the time. The only difference is it'll be WAY easier to ignore the unpopular stuff, even if its right.