Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anyone else think it's kind of a bummer that both of Zyra's skins are 1350 rp?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corvo Cuervo

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Some things to note:

1) The beta isn't terribly old, it has yet to be the go-to.

2) The format is new, it's going to be scary at first, certainly was to me.

3) GD and this forum is what we know, we're going to be more inclined to check it. Rioters have known it well for a long time, going to be hard to transition.

4) Season 3 crunch is winding down, hopefully more people will be able to engage again as we move onto more content.

Just some food for thought.

Ignore the unwashed masses. I'm an ex graphic designer/animator myself and I know how much blood, sweat and feces goes into those things.

The fact that you guys hand animate everything is amazing. Don't take it take the random angry people too seriously. They've never walked a mile in your shoes before.

Blu3 Blood Blues

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
You make it sound like avoiding negativity is a bad thing. I'm not talking about justified critiscism, or actionable feedback, I'm talking about negativity. Posts like yours which refer to us as lazy, or somehow resting on a "pile of cash". It's not productive, straight up, sorry, simple answer there.

Im honestly getting really sick of the rude and snarky remarks from riot lately. I have been an mmo player for quite a while and I saw this same attitude in wow from the devs and it LITERALLY made me and thousands/millions of players quit. Look where wow is now, case and point the devs became increasingly rude and adopted the attitude of it is the way we say it is, ruined their own game and alienated their playerbase.

Riot you have been increasing the amount of money you wring out of players at quite an alarming rate recently. Let me recap:

-increased champ IP prices massively to force players to pay real cash for champs or wait a week.

-restructured all the champ skin prices(only in the upward direction) to get a **** ton of money from players for the same skins we used to pay less for (ex boosting wildfire zyra from 975 to 1350)

-making ultimate skins that cost nearly 30 freaking dollars (almost enough to buy a pokemon game which will give me hundreds of hours of enjoyment compared to the shortlived joy of a skin)

So if we are criticizing you for your recent money grubbing behaviors, this is a very valid criticism and one which you should address in a mature manner.

"I'm talking about negativity. Posts like yours which refer to us as lazy, or somehow resting on a "pile of cash". It's not productive, straight up, sorry, simple answer there." <---that right there is not how you should be addressing posts about the price inflations in league.

When I first joined league I was amazed that some of the devs would address extremely rude and inaccurate comments from players in a very mature, polite, and helpful way. I honestly didnt even think they should have wasted their breaths on some of the comments that they chose to rebut in detail with a cool head. Lately however all I see from riot staff are rude remarks to valid complaints.

We complained about the skins price increase and all we got from you guys were "skins are hard, dont you dare question us." We then questioned why legendary skins cost almost as much as a console game and the response we got was, "legendary skins take a year so stfu and fork over ur wallet"

Im really getting disappointed with this latest string of riot responses. Would you please go back to acting like you actually value your customers and are in it for the joy of making the game instead of squeezing boat loads of cash out of us. If you go back to the way you used to be, we will love you again.

Eyrgos

10-16-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Some things to note:

1) The beta isn't terribly old, it has yet to be the go-to.

2) The format is new, it's going to be scary at first, certainly was to me.

3) GD and this forum is what we know, we're going to be more inclined to check it. Rioters have known it well for a long time, going to be hard to transition.

4) Season 3 crunch is winding down, hopefully more people will be able to engage again as we move onto more content.

Just some food for thought.

IDK why all the hate on the beta... it's BETA!

@IronStylus, please say hi in the "@IronStylus, a Quinn Skin you're going to want to see" thread? A number of people are hoping you'll stop by.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3952200

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-16-2013

Quote:
FatedTitan:
I have two statements.

I feel that these questions, while hard to deal with, are questions that should be answered, even if it's not the popular answer to hear.

That's just my two cents.

Oh absolutely. They're not hard to deal with when someone from the dev side comes along with info that can help answer questions or clarify. Those questions should be asked, and answered, if there's someone who can actually do that on the Riot side. Though, not every question has an expert who's available to come answer it.

I think the big issue is that when things get into mud-slinging, insults, or other negative comments, it just dissuades developers from even trying their hand at the difficult questions, even if they have the expertise, for fear of getting pitch-forked.

Everything you've just talked about is great in terms of what it's asking, how it's being asked, and the format. Now, I don't really know how to answer 90% of it because I'm not in sales or on the Skins team. I'm just throwing out what context I have handy.

What I think we'd all like is questions like yours, well phrased, polite, succinct, and actually positive in how it's framed, despite you passionately disagreeing with how we're handling something, should rise to the top. It's really hard to find the posts like these in this format. Right now, it's very difficult to sort through this thread and answer questions like these. My hope is that maybe the new format will bring these comments to the top where someone can respond appropriately. That's the perspective from my end at least.

Also, lack of popularity shouldn't be correlated to whether a question is answered or not. I find myself able to find niche questions and provide answers in the other format just by how the thread is being sorted.

Zhugan

10-16-2013

Quote:
TheUltimate3:
Actually sitting here, playing Tera and thinking about it. It couldn't be any more obvious on why they want to use a Reddit style.

Take a good look at the pitch fork in your hands and think: whenever anything stupid happens, whenever anything is called OP, whenever anything happens ever, one of the biggest things said is "Typical GD" "GD sucks" "Noobs of GD blah blah blah" "GDcameandtookmybabah".

Basically, until you bring up the Community Beta, everyone has treated these forums like a cesspool. The vast majority of what is discussed here is how X is OP for Y amount of reasons and damn u rito for not seeing it. Then you actually have Reddit, where the exact same is said but in a way that does not look like waste flowing into an underground container for temporary storage.

Going all tinfoil hat, I wouldn't be surprised if the (apparent) massive exodus is exactly what Riot wants; they want to clean our their cesspool.

And the best part is I'm more than sure this observation is either gonna be downvoted to oblivion or completely ignored.

That doesn't make it any less of a cesspool... That just means that people are acting like a cesspool isn't a cesspool. Which is just ignorance, not a real change.

Even if your observation is right, it doesn't change anything. It just changes what the cesspool is called.

Corvo Cuervo

10-16-2013

Quote:
Blu3 Blood Blues:
wall of rage

You realize that he's an Artist and not a member of the eCommerce Team? Jesus christ, go yell at kids on Xbox Live or something.

Flytrap

10-16-2013

I wonder how they're going to handle the Zyra SKT skin...

Gespens

10-16-2013

Quote:
TheUltimate3:
Actually sitting here, playing Tera and thinking about it. It couldn't be any more obvious on why they want to use a Reddit style.

Take a good look at the pitch fork in your hands and think: whenever anything stupid happens, whenever anything is called OP, whenever anything happens ever, one of the biggest things said is "Typical GD" "GD sucks" "Noobs of GD blah blah blah" "GDcameandtookmybabah".

Basically, until you bring up the Community Beta, everyone has treated these forums like a cesspool. The vast majority of what is discussed here is how X is OP for Y amount of reasons and damn u rito for not seeing it. Then you actually have Reddit, where the exact same is said but in a way that does not look like waste flowing into an underground container for temporary storage.

Going all tinfoil hat, I wouldn't be surprised if the (apparent) massive exodus is exactly what Riot wants; they want to clean our their cesspool.

And the best part is I'm more than sure this observation is either gonna be downvoted to oblivion or completely ignored.

This is, there are way better ways to do it.

Most obvious being a 2ch style message board. That board is used by a majority of Japan, and has been active for almost 15 years.

Henry Plainview

10-16-2013

Quote:
Corvo Cuervo:
Ignore the unwashed masses. I'm an ex graphic designer/animator myself and I know how much blood, sweat and feces goes into those things.

The fact that you guys hand animate everything is amazing. Don't take it take the random angry people too seriously. They've never walked a mile in your shoes before.

Now if only they didn't keep throwing away painstakingly animated finished models...

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-16-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
Now if only they didn't keep throwing away painstakingly animated finished models...

Which ones are you referring to? I'm curious, I can't seem to recollect.