Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Random FPS drop on 10.8.5

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True My Blade

10-15-2013

My fps drops down to a consistent 4 at random times in random games.

My specs: Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Intel Core Duo 2
Nvidia 9400m
8 gig ram

I know it's not the best but this has never happened before. I usually get 20. That's all I'm asking for, is 20 fps. Please Riot.

True My Blade

10-15-2013

Also I have settings on very low with no shadows no vertical sync etc..

True My Blade

10-17-2013

Just happened again. Reconnecting now.

True My Blade

10-22-2013

Happened again.

Mcgreggor

10-23-2013

Hey man I've been looking into this issue for awhile now on other MacBook platforms.

Can you repost full specs of the MacBook

Also download Idefrag use this to defragment your HD then use disk utility to verify and repair disk permissions.

Since your using an older MacBook you have to go into system preferences under the energy saver option

Select higher performance NOT energy saver

You will have to relog but In game as long as you play with minimum setting you should get around 30FPS let me know if this helps buddy

UPDATE EDIT

this also might help man

remember when you had to spam the league launcher in order for the client to open ?

the fix is as follows.

re download the league of legends dmg
in the dmg there is the league icon DONT CLICK just control click or right click then go to show package contents!

contents>LoL>RADS copy all the files in this folder and sstroe them safely in an untitled folder

then go to you league icon in your applications folder and follow same steps

replace the RADS file of your old league application with the RADS contents of the new league of legends icon

(note) you will want to back up the original RADS file content just incase

hope this helps!

True My Blade

10-24-2013

Thanks I will look into that. It is still happening. The thing is after about 5 min or so, the lag would disappear and I would get my beautiful 20 fps again.

True My Blade

10-28-2013

Still happening. I don't think defragging do much for macs.

We Are As One

10-30-2013

I'm having all kinds of problems with 10.8.5 and only league....I'm perhaps too frustrated to coherently talk about it yet...as have spent the last few days screwing around with it....still haven't narrowed it down...as to whats causing it T_T soo depressing

PARTH183

10-30-2013

damn lol respect to your love of the game for playing at 20FPS. My old comp used to play at 30 and it was bareable but 20 is just crazy. Now that i have rMBP i can finally play at 60 FPS. Hope your problem gets fixed bro good luck