LoL on steam

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azurien

12-23-2009

I just bought LoL using steam but for some reason the code is not valid... any1 else geting this problem or i saw the wrong code?

Jhelle

12-23-2009

I bought it from steam too today cause it is only 15 euros now. But when I try to input the code I got from steam into the store it says that my code is invalid.

Azurien

12-23-2009

same here... Jhelle are you from EU or US?

Metal Panther

12-23-2009

Welcome to steam,the most succesful online troll in the world because it feeds of your money and gives you faulty things.

Azurien

12-23-2009

I don't know if its faulty or not... every game i bought for digital download i used steam and never got a problem. i just want to know this cuz there are 2 clients of LoL and i don't know if the codes can be acepted by both clients or not since there is an EU and US LoL client, and if my code is for the Eu version i wanted to know if there was any chance to change it for an Us one since most of my friends are playing in the US servers (thats what you get for EU LoL websites being LoL-Eu or something like this instead of league of legends europe -.-)

Jhelle

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurien View Post
same here... Jhelle are you from EU or US?
Im from the EU but I play on the US servers ( do the eu servers even work, I mean it is run by goa.. they suck)

EDIT:
if I click on the website link for LoL on the steam store page I go to leagueoflegends.com and not the ****py europe site. So I'm convinced this is for the US version, it's just that the keys don't work.

Azurien

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhelle View Post
Im from the EU but I play on the US servers ( do the eu servers even work, I mean it is run by goa.. they suck)

Same..but it seems the code won't work cuz its for the EU version =(

gzboli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

The US Steam store is not actually selling LoL, it's possible the EU Steam is selling EU-only codes.

Jhelle

12-23-2009

Im downloading the game on steam now to see which version it is. If it's the EU client in going to get a refund cause it doesn't say anywhere it is for the EU version and the website link links towards the US version.

Smaxx

12-23-2009

Just for info:
Bought it some minutes ago from Germany.

I got a valid Key for the European version.
To get the key without redownloading/installing the game, just start steam's install process, then pause it. In the game's context menu entry you'll see an entry to view your CD key. Use this in the shop to activate your copy.