Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cypherous

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommies View Post
I'd be willing to risk it if it means I get to see my team comp before I'm unable to dodge and avoid all the champ select drama.

But you do point out an excellent point. This won't let us ban OP FOTM champs OR counter pick a strong comp
Would only work in blind pick, in draft there would still be the usual bans so this system wouldn't mean you are getting the champions you pick as the enemy team could ban 3 of the 5 you want to take at which point the usual rage resumes only you wasted an extra 5 minutes trying to wait for the game to find you a team to follow your crazy comp in the first place

Raptamei

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherous View Post
Not really, if this ever ends up in draft mode the champs you want for any given strategy could be banned, and in draft you wont be able to pick a champion beforehand so i can still join your game and instalock whatever i want without any punishment, its a fail idea to fix a problem that is pretty much unfixable without screwing over other players, i never want to be forced to use this system because unlike some people i am not seeing where there is any gain
It removes the incentive to "instalock whatever I want". Why would I troll to get top when I can queue for top and not have to eat a loss as a result of my trolling?

Unless you're saying people who want to see the world burn can still set it on fire, but I can do that regardless: queue up for support, pick Sona, and walk into the enemy tower over and over going LOLOLOL.

wi1lywonka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

I love how literally yesterday I saw a thread requesting this, and everyone burned him at the stake.

MakashiSoresu

10-15-2013

Hey guys, love how this is getting posted on several regions' forums, with different team members working to respond to the concerns on each server. I'd love to see this happen in general for feature updates.

A quick question: IIRC, when this idea was brought up on a long time ago, Lyte initially had a number of concerns. What made the team change its mind? Were all of his concerns adequately addressed by modifying the original idea of the system (such as making the queue optional in order to reduce meta-enforcement), or does it reflect an overall change in Player Behaviour's design philosophy?

Finally, an OCE-specific question:
On top of increasing general queue times, won't this further delay (the currently disabled) TT and Dominion on OCE? Given a choice to implement either a new map or team-builder, which would take priority? While team-builder might be useful to a larger number of players, I personally feel that it is more important to make sure that everyone, including the niche communities, is satisfied first. Thoughts?

Raptamei

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherous View Post
Would only work in blind pick, in draft there would still be the usual bans so this system wouldn't mean you are getting the champions you pick as the enemy team could ban 3 of the 5 you want to take at which point the usual rage resumes only you wasted an extra 5 minutes trying to wait for the game to find you a team to follow your crazy comp in the first place
In draft I suppose the two team leaders would ban, and THEN the teams would form based on what is banned.

You haven't even seen draft yet. They're going to implement the first iteration on the PBE for blind pick. But hey, feel free to cry already if it makes you feel better.

ZeroSoulreaver

10-15-2013

I don't like this idea of catering to players who are part of the problem. If you refuse to play a certain role and refuse to cooperate with your team then you are the issue. A team finder/role queue isn't going to solve that lack of cooperation.

I can't stand when people say "you stole my role and my champ!" nothing is "yours" in the first place. Learn to adapt to any situation.

Alcibion

10-15-2013

So, with this system we're losing (for several purposes, including ease of use and time saving) out on several aspects, mostly fine-tuning, like:
- rune/masteries (still the same as in blind pick)
- reactive picking (eg. you have no idea what you're going to face, still the same as in blind pick)
- team synergy/cohesion (I'd refrain from picking Leona or Blitz if we have AP Nidalee and Ezreal on the team for example, or Kennen if we've got Xin jungle, Gragas mid and Janna support)

I know, I know, you've stated several times that it's a separate queue for now, and you'll see later to introduce or not parts or the entirety of Team Builder to others queues.

However, I think a mode centered around drafting would still have to exist at least besides Team Builder, to keep this depth of play accessible to players who don't have the circle/assiduity/time to get involved in ranked 5s.
Planning a solid team that takes the enemy comp into consideration and works around it, and planning lanes and stuff around it can be a very rewarding and challenging way of playing League, and relying too much on the rigidity that would have to come (not necessarily how it is now, but sooner or later due to the constraint of still keeping the complexity and time consumption low) with Team Builder would definitely be at the detriment of these aspects.

Cypherous

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
It removes the incentive to "instalock whatever I want". Why would I troll to get top when I can queue for top and not have to eat a loss as a result of my trolling?

Unless you're saying people who want to see the world burn can still set it on fire, but I can do that regardless: queue up for support, pick Sona, and walk into the enemy tower over and over going LOLOLOL.
its not about trolling, its about the fact that some people will rage currently when their desired pick is banned, this wont change that in the least, people being too stupid to follow pick order on a first come first served basis won't vanish and as pointed out there will be nothing stopping me from queing as a "support" and then picking whatever i want in champ select just to avoid long queue timers, not to mention how long timers are going to get when new champions are released because most people are going to want to play them and not everyone can have their cake at the same time :P

Niwanee

10-15-2013

Isn't the system making people forget about adapt to the team and try new things? I mean, the world isn't just about yourself, I though sometimes having to adapt your playstyle to fit the team was a good thing.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas1024 View Post
That said, since I play support, this won't affect me as much... I get my role 90% of the time anyway. :P
The last game I played I said in que like I normally do, "I can support."...the response: "No. You jungle."

My world imploded.