Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiSkillshot

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
And I was sticking around hoping Riot would "get it" and step up. That clearly won't happen with this trash.

This is where the invasion of ex-WoW players has finally won. We now have an extension of WoW dungeons and no longer a MOBA. Innovation is now dead. We know that there will be 5 positions and static lane assignments for the rest of eternity. Not to mention that there are people who are just going to specialize and cry even harder when someone queues for a slightly strange pick.

We will see even more fotm picks on both sides.

Awful idea by riot. Really awful. This is going to cause players to get bored a lot faster than they already do because they can just do the same thing over and over again and their games will bleed together.
I'm surprised you can even type, with you're inability to read.

cokemonkey

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
You actually never end up in Champion Select. The team's screen replaces it--once you're all good, you just queue up and end up in a match.
Wait... so if you pick a champion, decide that your team is ready and go into queue, and then you get matched randomly with an opposing team that has completely countered yours (you decided to go poke comp, opponent has multiple hard engages that can't be easily avoided), or maybe just a counterpick? At that point, is there anything you can do about things? Or are you just going to have to play Vayne vs. Caitlyn and lose your promo?

JWiwillwin

10-15-2013

sounds good

Tommies

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokemonkey View Post
Wait... so if you pick a champion, decide that your team is ready and go into queue, and then you get matched randomly with an opposing team that has completely countered yours (you decided to go poke comp, opponent has multiple hard engages that can't be easily avoided), or maybe just a counterpick? At that point, is there anything you can do about things? Or are you just going to have to play Vayne vs. Caitlyn and lose your promo?
I'd be willing to risk it if it means I get to see my team comp before I'm unable to dodge and avoid all the champ select drama.

But you do point out an excellent point. This won't let us ban OP FOTM champs OR counter pick a strong comp

ABEomination

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowside View Post
I'll go ahead and paste something from Reddit addressing my concerns if this type of queue ever makes it into Ranked play.

I would hate this system in ranked. Part of the challenge in raising elo is that you have to be somewhat well-rounded because you may not always get your role. This would eliminate that completely and make elo a representation of "how well can this player play x role" rather than "how good is this player".

Additionally, I would never like to be paired with lower elo players just because I haven't played a role or champion yet. If I want to try out my brand jungle that I've only done once before, I want to do it against diamond players just like I would've if I played mid zed.
I agree. I think that if it's ever implemented in ranked it should remain a separate queue and be called "Ranked Solo/Duo Role Queue", or something along those lines. It could be a separate ranked queue to find out where you stand with a particular role, without interfering with your overall rank.

Tommies

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderzShadowz View Post
It sounds like this is for pre-made teams rather than just one person queueing by him/her self. Care to expound? Thanks!
This basically builds you a "premade" for games. You say I'm want to play jungle nautalus and the game finds you a team captain who needs one for his comp.

Serrot Ynot

10-15-2013

after reading much of this throughout the day I'm ready to try it.

The biggest thing I would want added as the Leader can see what options the Solo queue person is willing to do. As I can tell so far it looks like the Leader will be suck with what he accepted when he click the green check mark even if the same Solo queue person was queued for a hero with a better fit.

Cypherous

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Initially, Team Builder will be an entirely separate queue. We're looking forward to feedback from players and will use that feedback to determine whether this type of Champion Select is a good fit for modes like Ranked Mode but for now, we're focused on improving the Champion Select experience as an independent queue.
Separate queue at all times, i'm not interested in the system at all so dont force me to use it ever thanks

elmobster

10-15-2013

YES! This sounds like a great idea. It'll evade all that insta-lock stuff.... hehe

Cypherous

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmobster View Post
YES! This sounds like a great idea. It'll evade all that insta-lock stuff.... hehe
Not really, if this ever ends up in draft mode the champs you want for any given strategy could be banned, and in draft you wont be able to pick a champion beforehand so i can still join your game and instalock whatever i want without any punishment, its a fail idea to fix a problem that is pretty much unfixable without screwing over other players, i never want to be forced to use this system because unlike some people i am not seeing where there is any gain