Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dig Dux

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Your team will be faced with a completely random composition. As a scientist, just imagine all the data when you get to see a matrix of creative, unorthodox compositions and how they perform against all other compositions...

I'm excited.
and then you realize that all of these creative unorthodox compositions rely on player communication which isn't identical in all matches, adding in additional factors to skew your data collection.

The communication developed in the meta mindset does not carry over in all composition cases.

Adinsx

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptoreyes View Post
1-- Give each minion in a wave a tag that tells the system what lane that minion was going to go to. People who farm EXTENSIVELY from lanes they did not subscribe for during the first 5 min of play should get an auto ban if they do it a lot. This should be applied the same way as leaver levels give leavers auto bans. This will prevent people from queuing as a support but going mid/top and forcing the one who subscribed to mid to go support. If they farm too many minions from a lane they said they would not be in should be an auto ban. Obviously jungles will be given much much more leeway then people in lanes to farm stuff that is not a jungle mob during the first 5-10 min.
This would make lane-swaps impossible. A better and simpler idea is just make the role/position information visible to the tribunal. If nobody calls out the lane-stealing player in chat, then they must not have minded much.

50West

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
You actually never end up in Champion Select. The team's screen replaces it--once you're all good, you just queue up and end up in a match.
So how does Draft Normal or Ranked work?

We also need to be able to queue up by just a Role/Position. I may want to play a specific champion but it ultimately comes down to A) who my opponent laner is, B) what my team comp is, and C) what their team comp is.

Or is Draft modes out of the scope of the current state of Team Builder?

Raptoreyes

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreekaway View Post
Have you taken into account queue times for people with high MMR? I know I already frequently wait 5+ minutes for a normal game.

Will I have any chance of finding a game as anything not 100% meta approved? For that matter, will I have any chance finding a game as a popular role like Mid?

Furthermore, I'm concerned that because high MMR players often have played with each other a lot, there could be a large amount of kicks/leaves once the names of the players are revealed. Wouldn't it be better to just wait until you get to load screen before revealing the names? This would also avoid the use of 3rd party tools to micromanage your teams picks.
I agree 100% DO NOT display the names until the darn game actually begins. LoLking.com and other sites make the game creation phase really a pain for the more honest less authoritarian players. What we have no is similar to this EVIL NSA spying before the fact. De-fang LoLking and other similar sites by removing the names of the players. It should all be player#1 Player#2 and so forth.

Russianelit3z

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Why weren't you guys able to do this earlier?

Lair120

10-15-2013

Ty for the info ABEomination, I think this idea is pretty good.

ABEomination

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkletard View Post
I actually found a flaw to this idea: if you choose mid for example and have a bad score and bad teammates, your teammates may yell at you for choosing mid and sucking at it
This is a problem with social interaction in general, not just with this game or this queue. :P

Answer: Don't let it bother you, and don't do it to other people. Strangely, this is the answer to most problems in life.

Raptoreyes

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkholyness View Post
I kinda find it a good way to filter 'them' in matchmaking,,,

Filtering just sucks and should be designed out of existence. Just deal with people directly instead of going to LoLking and beat ppl over the head with whatever you see.

Lair120

10-15-2013

I don't mind long waits, it helps me plan and prepare.

ENDURANCExx

10-15-2013

Why do I see this turning into how WoW's dungeon finder was? Waiting 20 minutes plus for a Tank(let's say support in League) and then once the "support" joins, He goes "dps". I see a lot of troll supports rolling in.

EDIT: Aside from the worries, I really like this idea. No more getting bullied into a position i'm not comfortable playing(top/mid).