Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seducivefishy

10-15-2013

This really looks amazing Riot! I can not wait to try this out on the pbe!

CaesarFlickerman

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExjK View Post
It gives power to the rightful owner of the lobby. If I want to play something specific and 1 person joins who doesn't like it or agree with my terms, then why should he be in my game? This goes for ranked as well. Sure most people will go for the standard meta, but at least everyone gets a chance to determine what they are playing either way. If you want to play "unorthodox" champs in the "correct" roles...then YOU make the lobby. If you want that so bad then cool make the game, when people join play how you want...just don't expect to come to MY game and pull **** I don't want you to pull. If you can't agree to my terms for the game then politely gtfo. =)

^ This is how it should be.
Simple:

Get some friends.

MankindsBadHABIT

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Would you rather spend an hour waiting for a team that accepts your role and has fun, or have short queues to be called a troll, get reported, have people dodge, etc?
Have short queues to be called a troll, get reported, etc.

Those queues have a chance of not being dodged, people learning and growing or maybe finding people who don't scream troll or report and are actual adults about disagreements.

Synnister

10-15-2013

In order for Team Builder to work efficiently, make sure people are able to not only select what role they want, but that they can select what role(s) they want.

So instead of having people pick "top lane" or "mid lane" or "support" etc

Have them pick I prefer "top lane" to "jungle" to "marksman" etc.

Make it more of a system of ranking preferred roles basically. With that said, for the sake of avoiding the inevitable "I don't play support" argument, I'd say make it so that any undesired roles do have the option of being left out of the equation. If you want to balance the two methods, I'd say force people to pick at least 2-3 (I'd say make em pick at least two) roles they're willing to play.

Raptamei

10-15-2013

Well, then it seems like a good idea (role queue) mixed in with a bad idea (letting a guy tell you WHAT to play in your role).

If you held a gun to my head and told me to win the next game as a jungler, I'd grab Morgana (perhaps not so much after the nerf, but certainly today). In terms of "flash or die" potential she's #1. But I can't do it in ranked because tribunal, I can't do it in blind pick because I end up with 4 people with smite revive, and I can't do it in role queue because I'd get kicked...

In short, there's no way to tell my team that NO, I DIDN'T MISCLICK, YES, I WANT TO PICK MORGANA JUNGLE, NO, I'M NOT AN IDIOT.

Spreek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel View Post
Would you rather spend an hour waiting for a team that accepts your role and has fun, or have short queues to be called a troll, get reported, have people dodge, etc?
Hour long queues get old really fast.

thumbnail9

10-15-2013

Now just add Voice chat and we'll be good.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2013

How flexible will this queue be?

Will I be able to select Ahri and say "I will play Ahri in any lane"? Will I be able to form a team and say "we need a top and we don't care who it is"?

CaesarFlickerman

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbnail9 View Post
Now just add Voice chat and we'll be good.
Jesus Christ, no.

Exploding Barrel

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
And what if I merely desire to play a game as AP Zilean mid? Or Poppy top lane? Or Fiora top lane? Or some other undesirable, but technically "normal" champion in their "normal" role?

Am I to never be able to play, just because people don't want to have Fiora top in their game? Perhaps they shouldnt have to have people in their game that they dont want, and they shouldnt have to join the game of someone they dont want to play with...but shouldnt I also be allowed to play whatever champion I want in their natural role?
I think you're exaggerating how much something like Fiora top will get you turned down. There are snobs who will and you probably wouldn't have fun playing with them anyway, but she's fine at most skill levels.

It sounds like the people complaining have the attitude of "I want to be able to play however I want, and Riot should force 4 other people into that game with me." But a mode that makes 1 person happy and 4 people unhappy isn't a well designed mode. Instead you wait a while until you have 5 reasonably happy people.