Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

link with blink

03-01-2014

seems cool but bassically enforces meta which i am A ok with. look at it this way. you can spend 15 minutes waiting in que to do a crazy game or wait 35 seconds and just do the meta. the choice is obvious.

Wolvenlight

03-02-2014

I don't think there will be a problem combining the queue types, in the sense you can have one team use teambuilder, and another team using the regular queue, vs each other. It would serve to dilute the queues less this way and keep queue times low. It'd make for interesting games too, I'd spectate a game like that!

Once they get through testing I'm hoping that's what they do.

I can't help but wish they didn't force you to pick a lane, champ, and a role. One, some, or all, but not just all. That said I completely understand why they did it this way, and at least you can pick still pick something like Wukong mid and hope somebody out there wants to play something unconventional as well. Meta isn't completely enforced this way, and if done right might actually be more fluid.

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

TOA Kash

03-03-2014

So are we ever going to get ranked ques where you can que your roll ect?

NauticCurse

03-03-2014

League is a team game.. It never made sense to me how I was expected to be queued up with complete strangers and pull out some decent team work out of it. Now this system really reinforces the point of this game.. good job riot

The1992Phoenix

03-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by link with blink View Post
seems cool but bassically enforces meta which i am A ok with. look at it this way. you can spend 15 minutes waiting in que to do a crazy game or wait 35 seconds and just do the meta. the choice is obvious.
It is the other way around. With Blind Pick you have to queue normally, call your lane first so you can experiment, then tell your teammates your crazy/new/innovative/unorthodox idea, then hope that they do not dodge/report you for trolling, then finally get to try it.

With Team Builder, you just select your champ', lane, role and you are good to go. No arguments, no rage, no dissonance between your intentions and the game's experience.

If you want to play meta then that is up to you. But that does not mean the meta is enforced.

The MechE

03-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOA Kash View Post
So are we ever going to get ranked ques where you can que your roll ect?

Maybe, the ban phase is very important for ranked play as is the whole draft pick thing. A role queue sounds interesting though for ranked. Might enforce the meta though...

lzlegend

03-10-2014

why cant they keep this?

Asmetheus

03-28-2014

So Team Builder has been out for a little while now... The idea was great but it kinda sucks. It totally enforces the meta and the queue times are almost unbearable. One commenter suggested you creating a list so we could choose our own teams, I think that would be a perfect update and you guys should definitely consider it.

King of Limbs33

04-03-2014

I've played team builder in the first beta and the current beta. The queue problems have been solved with the change in the Captain's requirements of one friend, at least from a support/bot perspective.

Overall, I love the game mode. My wins are up, and my losses are not just bad team comps that had no hope of winning. The curious thing, the pre-match banter while waiting in queue are positive, where as the typical fighting over lanes and roles is not present. I think this pre-game aspect will add to general player enjoyment, especially at lower levels. It would be interesting to have higher level players captain low level players to go over basic game mechanics and roles.

I think teaching the basic meta's is a good thing. You have to learn the fundamentals before you start experimenting. There is no such thing as a Shaco support...lol

Thanks for the new queue, I will be playing it as much as possible!