Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FranchToest

11-12-2013

Hopefully it will be out by the end of the month

Psycho0Babble

11-12-2013

Let's go back to the basics of this idea.. A team builder, why can it just be as simple as that? players choose their best roles, maybe 2 or 3 and are matched with 4 other players based on their best roles. This would be huge for the current meta in RANKED play. I mean do I really need to say more?

Rainbowgasm

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho0Babble View Post
Let's go back to the basics of this idea.. A team builder, why can it just be as simple as that? players choose their best roles, maybe 2 or 3 and are matched with 4 other players based on their best roles. This would be huge for the current meta in RANKED play. I mean do I really need to say more?
it's not for ranked. Draft is for ranked, this is not compatible with draft.

KDP1337

11-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th StormRider View Post
it's not for ranked. Draft is for ranked, this is not compatible with draft.
How so?

Drop ur soap

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDP1337 View Post
How so?
Simple. It's like the World of Warcraft dungeon queue system. You pick a role (and a champion in this case) and the system matches you up with the missing roles need for a balanced team. Draft mode, however, would not be workable for the simple fact of banning champions.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see team builder for Ranked play... it takes some of the fun and strategy out of it. If all roles and champs were auto picked before the match, then it becomes a matter of luck (people facing counters they didn't intend to face). That brings up my last point... it prevents countering the enemy team comp.

Velloray

11-13-2013

This is easy to ultimately implement for ranked/draft. I envision it as the leader would just define team comp/lanes like in normal team builder, but add in things like pick order and bans that they'll make. Couple that with removing the champion specific part of the queue and you're there. Everybody has a role they want in a team strategy that they buy into, but still allows for counter picks and easy trades.

DemonsBarrel

11-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamNing View Post
So will this be replacing the existing queue modes for normal and ranked?
no

I HETTTT YUUUU

11-13-2013

This is one of the best acoomplishments that has been done so far!!! keep it up you gys are awesome!!! .. Now its time for some team speak perhaps???

g07h4xf00

11-13-2013

Wow, why are people getting so worried about this new system? This isn't the first game to implement a "role queue" nor will it be the last. It can only improve the quality of game play experience. Forced to play a role you don't want to then taking **** or potentially being reported for it is the worst thing. Guys, just chill out and let Riot do its thing.

I can't wait until this becomes the normal draft pick mode in ranked play. Man does solo queue suck.

havocxeno

11-13-2013

great idea