Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cocacolalips

11-01-2013

Lanes attribution at the start of the game is a misunderstanding to begin with, and Riot should not encourage it with that kind of system.

LoL is a dynamic game, the "I stay in the same lane against the same opponent for 15min" should not be a thing.
Instead, one should should move, swap places, gank, roam constantly, to create opportunities, to make plays, to engage situations favourable for his team to capitalise on and avoid or counter situations unfavourable.
The lane where you start the game should be insignificant to what you are doing next.

We sometimes see it at the highest level of play;
'duo lanes' that go bottom or mid or top and swap every few minutes,
'jungler' and top 'laner' sharing the lane or jungling together
'support' that will roam around the map and pressure lanes and objectives

That is what you want to see.
That is what Riot should emphazise on, by helping more average players on more random teams to reproduce those situations more comfortably.

The mental pressure that this system creates is not worth it and only makes it harder for one to see the big picture.

FireLordDodo

11-01-2013

I don't know if this has been galled about because I didn't read the 177 pages of replies. But will their be an ability to queue up for a "fill" position. You would just get put into a game into any role and fill the position.

Grdrgh

11-01-2013

Just as I was browsing the forums, looking where exactly to post a thread requesting such a feature and look at that, Riot already thought about it. Will be happy to see it implemented into the game as soon as possible!

Weltall8000

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireLordDodo View Post
I don't know if this has been galled about because I didn't read the 177 pages of replies. But will their be an ability to queue up for a "fill" position. You would just get put into a game into any role and fill the position.
I usually randomlock in normals, if this is going to be the new system (and applies to Normals), it would be nice to have that option. I just hope that it doesn't automatically end up selecting any one role a disproportionate amount (ie "Support" 60%+ of the time).

JsKingBoo

11-01-2013

Apologies if this has already been asked, but when should I expect this to be released?

That Fkn Syndra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Is this for ranked too or just normals?

butterhead

11-01-2013

Can i just say look at that rp in the picture. Gift me something player 1!!!

Forbidden MA39

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Hello Summoners!

-SNIP-
I am very Curious. Will there be some form of Reputation with this feature? for Example ----> at the end of a match win or lose, Players will be able to rate the other players on how well they performed the Role they'd selected. --> Cant exactly let a Horrible Mid who doesnt know how play mid, constantly get queued as a mid player into other teams and not let other players see that the player is a horrible mid to play with. anyone get that?

if i Queue up with an ADC bot lane, i am going to wanna see if the player has a good Valuable Asset Reputation as a ADC bot lane. Example -->

Lvl 30: Summoner Name
-- Rating as ADC bot lane: 5* Rating

1*. Bad
2*. Poor
3*. Good
4*. Awesome
5*. Recommended

i think it will be most beneficial to see and know how well the other players are Rated at Fulfilling the Roles they are selecting, in order to Maximize all Possibilities of Winning the Match.

Please Advise and Give me a thought about my Idea, or if someone came up with this idea already, then im sorry. didnt exactly read all the posts.

Khas

11-02-2013

OMG Thank you Riot. This will help a ton.. Just... win..

(i also agree with the secondary role idea, with maybe an option to accept it, if it pops up so you can either wait for your primary role or accept your secondary role)

Fazuzu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2013

I think in ranked, you could queue for the lane/role , and as a guy said a few posts back, put prefered champs to play as so the team captains can see what you like to play as. the ranked implimentation could be more of a way of getting a lobby put together actually, where everyone is in the position they want to be in, and then players can be allowed to pick/ban the way it does now even. it could simply be used to eliminate the bickering, and throwing one another into roles they can't play well and eliminate the fighting afterward between people when they're losing because they stick people into roles bad for them so they can have the one they want to/can play. that's the big issue. just let people queue for Roles in ranked, with suggested prefered champs they play, then set up the lobby and allow the bans and champ selects as they're done already once everyone has agreed on where they're going and is in a spot they are comfortable in.

Edit: yes, that's trollable. by going into queue one way with certain prefered champs indicated and then picking another role completely off base. But that's not any more trollable than it is now. people already do that in ranked. Not all the time, but it happens. Someone comes in, occasionally winds up talking smack from the get-go or just silently picks something some lane already allocated or builds an ap into ad, feeds or whatever. This system would make it easier to identify someone trolling anyways, without the need to try to bait them into saying the wrong things if they're not one of the blatant trolls that openly admits it (obviously not ont heir main accounts in those cases)