Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beastmodeterror

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
it still enforces the meta thanks...explain how it doesn't?

Riot has fooled you all and you don't care because 'YAY I CAN FINALLY BE MID EVERY GAME IN PEACE!!!!!!!!!' 'NO LONGER WILL I HAVE TO ARGUE IN CHAMP SELECT WITH OTHER PLAYERS WHO ARE AS SELFISH AS ME...YAY!!!'
ya coming from a person whose willing to fill every game, this is deffinately needed.

ltachi

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltachi View Post
I believe he was using this thread as an opportunity to make an off-topic suggestion to put a chatbox into the loading screen.
Why the heck would someone downvote me for making this comment? GOD FORBID I CLARIFY SOMETHING THAT LYTE WAS CONFUSED ABOUT!!

And people wonder why we have toxicity....

K94

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

Hey Lyte, would the team builder include information regarding their performance using the champions they have? I think the team captain should be informed about their teamates, before they make a decision. eg Using Ahri 100 times with a 10% win rate would effect my decision...

Katsuo Nuruodo

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by K94 View Post
Hey Lyte, would the team builder include information regarding their performance using the champions they have? I think the team captain should be informed about their teamates, before they make a decision. eg Using Ahri 100 times with a 10% win rate would effect my decision...
Lyte actually stated in one of his posts that they do not want team leaders to see past performance. In fact, if the system thinks that you're accepting players, checking out their history on LolKing, and booting the ones you don't like, it will actually catch this as abusive behavior, and start delaying sending players to you.

Katsuo Nuruodo

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZickZak View Post
I dislike this idea in one detail: I don't mind playing mid, but I don't intentionally WANT to play it. I suggest 3 levels instead of just tick or cross: Want to play, Don't want to play and Don't mind playing it or something like that, you get the idea.

The reason behind this is that I play mostly jungle and support, but I wouldn't mind ticking mid as "well if none else". This probably is irrelevant either way, as if I'm not gonna tick mid, it might take few more seconds to find a player who wants to play it, just an idea... will see how you guys deal with it

How will this deal with the ranks and ratings? Isn't it hard enough to find players of the similar rank to play together, not to mention with pre-picked roles?
I agree with this. The Team Builder doesn't let people "fill" a role to get a team ready to go.

I proposed a possible addition to this system that might address that issue here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...6#post42295736

Basically, a team browser that lets you see teams that are available to you(correct skill level), and shows you what roles are available, and what their planned team comp is(like dive or poke, etc...).

That way, you can see what slots are available in teams currently setting up, and you can take mid if you see a team that only has that slot left open; fill the slot and get into game faster.

Let me know what you think.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmodeterror View Post
ya coming from a person whose willing to fill every game, this is deffinately needed.
your point is moot...you can fill every game and still not care that the meta is solidified

Lykios The Great

10-18-2013

I don't see how this is a good thing. It is going to increase queue times to similar World of Warcraft dungeon queues. Which means unless you are a support, your queues aren't going to be fun. Also it reduces game diversity and I don't see how it would work in ranked if you specify what you are playing before joining queue.

Executioner

10-18-2013

Wonder how easily you could abuse this.

Temperance10

10-18-2013

...This is the best thing to ever happen in League history, thank you. *Sniff* Thank you so much.

Legalisskull

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Mid Please View Post
I second this...