Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S IA Fairchild

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Wow. Enforcing the meta. Never thought I'd see the day.

Going to edit this post to include more questions I want answered from farther within the thread. Privileged to have this position on the first page, I might as well use it:

Serrot Ynot phrased this question another way:

Another questions I myself have: Let's say I queue up as Mage/Mid as Zilean, and get slotted into a team. Does the leader see that I'm playing Zilean? Based on that picture it would seem he does. What if he doesn't like Zilean mid, is he free to just kick me? In this manner it would seem Riot is giving players the ability to enforce the meta -themselves,- by allowing them to prevent their fellow players from ever completing a game with a champion who is deemed undesirable. Care to comment?
I agree with the above but I want to add you are taking the banning phase out completely... If that is the case people can basically spam the "currently op" champions like zed and get free wins.

Zed is very much a lane bully at mid lane and can carry so many games its unbelievable. He literally 1 shots the enemy mid lane and just fully dominates them at least by a mile. If you want to incorporate this feature you should at least "balance" all the champions first if not this is just full retarded. Bronze players will be pissed as much as possible due to the fact that hook champions cannot be banned.

With last statement in the above paragraph, do you take into account of all the people literally feels like it is impossible to play against a specific champion? What happens to them?

If banning champion is still incorporated, how are you supposed to choose a champion before? If you choose to play as Jax and if he is banned what happens then?

Lastly, what happens to the "duo" system? is that gone as well?

Like please riot think before you post any "useful" up coming new ideas. Please.
Even in gold, I get people who literally tell the enemy zed player to "go ************". Like this is just wrong.

Disturbed Dwarf

10-17-2013

I've thought about this before and now that we can finally lock into lanes is there a chance that we could buy a SKIN FOR THE MINIONS in our lane or a SKIN FOR MONSTERS on our side of the jungle? I think this would be really cool to have. It would would be really cool if you had an entire team with the commando skins and then had commando minion/monster skins... Just saying this would probably make a ton of money.

SauronZ

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
You are assuming intellegence, or at least knowledge of the game and meta to a degree.
(...)
So, someone new to the game with an IQ of 75. They may see the word tank and go "DURR, TANKS STAMP ON EVERYTHIN IN REAL LIFE, THAT MUST BE THE DAMAGE CLASS! HURR!" If they don't see, or at least have a rule set to go by, then you can't fault them.
Here's what I've been saying, in different words:

people should be forgiven for their ignorance, not for their malice.

Should a newcomer do a total mess with his build, that's frustrating, but not a "crime". I remember I used to buy 2 or 3 tears in a row, and nothing else, when I started playing, just cos I needed mana as Anivia. I had no clue what I was doing.
I clearly stated that people who know what they are supposed to do, and do the opposite instead, despite of causing harm to their team, are the ones who should face consequences.

Quote:
Also, are you implying that this person would be toxic? If so, that is some pretty messed up stuff your spewing. I suggest a nice cup of GROW UP.
lolwut? Instead of assuming retardation, I'll let you explain this leap.
So, not only you fail to realize what I've been trying to say, but you also have to be rude... twice.

Quote:
I don't see the current system having a report for "unorthodox build,"
Let's be a bit more specific: can I report a Malphite, who applied as a tank, for buying Sorc Shoes instead of mercury? Of course I can. I can even report him because the weather was rainy today. Now, will he get punished for that? I'd rather believe he wouldn't be, otherwise the Tribunal is a total failure.

Now, can I report a Malphite, who applied as a tank, for filling 6 slots with wards, 6 Long Swords, 6 anythings that clearly and undoubtedly shows that he knows the possibly worst items for his role and bought 'em? Yes. Will he get punished? I really hope so.

So, can you please (I'm asking nicely), let go of retorting everything I say, as if this was your sacred mission, and try to understand my point?

Quote:
So supports can't buy AP items? Nor are they allowed to cs? Nice to finally meet you, Meta knight. How was getting destroyed by kirby in every kirby game like? Was it worth the fame?
Again, you make an assumption, you answer in my behalf, and you're rude. I dont think it's needed to fill a dozen more lines to tell how far from truth this is.

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

time to quit LoL...it's been a slice...thanks for making your game into a cookie cutter for the meta

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

anybody serious about having nice things, like dynamic strategy games where the metas are created and shift with the players, should boycott this change and this fricking company for ruining this games creativity..

ltchyNipples

10-17-2013

Won't it be released as a Beta game type?

Riot might get rid of Draft and Blind all together, or it might not. Don't freak out. Riot is introducing us to something new, they will see if it works.

If it does well, then cya ragers.

Memorylame

10-17-2013

We at Riot are so proud to bring to you....COOKIE CUTTER

MisterAbu

10-17-2013

Questions: 1). Will we be able to see teammates names in the lobby?
2). I think the problem with this new design is: it might be hard to switch roles last minute. Sometimes I pick a support and change last second, because of the team comp. With this new design that might be trickier to implement.
3). If someone picks jungle, can another person grab 'smite?' or will 'smite' be grayed out and only available for the jungle? Just wondering.

I think this would be create for Ranked as well. I don't have to rest my case anymore if I want to be ADC.

MisterRyu

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memorylame View Post
We at Riot are so proud to bring to you....COOKIE CUTTER
learn2read. he already explained that this isn't what they are setting out to do, also they aren't rolling it all out all at once, your soloQQ will still be there.

I could go on to say something mean like we are probably better off without ragers like you, so stop QQing about keeping the game installed cause nobodygottimefodat.jpg; but i won't

ope.

Pryotra

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauronZ View Post
Here's what I've been saying, in different words:

people should be forgiven for their ignorance, not for their malice.

Should a newcomer do a total mess with his build, that's frustrating, but not a "crime". I remember I used to buy 2 or 3 tears in a row, and nothing else, when I started playing, just cos I needed mana as Anivia. I had no clue what I was doing.
I clearly stated that people who know what they are supposed to do, and do the opposite instead, despite of causing harm to their team, are the ones who should face consequences.
And might I ask how you tell someones skill level in a tribunal report? Kinda necessary to make the ASSUMPTIONS you seem to like. Skilled players and complete scrubs could potentially have the same build, and they could potentially have extremely different builds. Build alone is no longer enough info to decide whether someone is trollin. You should know this, seeing how much you seem to use the tribunal as an answer.

Quote:
So, not only you fail to realize what I've been trying to say, but you also have to be rude... twice.
Fair is fair. If you don't want rudeness, don't be rude. If you can't take it, don't dish it.

I could go on, but you get the jist. Please don't be rude, then complain when I am rude back. That is childish at best, and hypocritical at worst.

Quote:
Let's be a bit more specific: can I report a Malphite, who applied as a tank, for buying Sorc Shoes instead of mercury? Of course I can. I can even report him because the weather was rainy today. Now, will he get punished for that? I'd rather believe he wouldn't be, otherwise the Tribunal is a total failure.

Now, can I report a Malphite, who applied as a tank, for filling 6 slots with wards, 6 Long Swords, 6 anythings that clearly and undoubtedly shows that he knows the possibly worst items for his role and bought 'em? Yes. Will he get punished? I really hope so.

So, can you please (I'm asking nicely), let go of retorting everything I say, as if this was your sacred mission, and try to understand my point?
If you read my post chronologically without dissecting it, you would notice I addressed this. People swap builds mid and late game when they need to, for a multitude of reasons. To add to that, I commonly see people sell all their items to make a quick funny build right before the game ends, just so that people see in the end game lobby something to give them a laugh. I mean, a nexus is dieing, and a dead garen sells all his items and buys saphire crystals. Obviously trolling, but in a way that doesn't effect anyone negatively, as the game is essentially a second away from ending, and he is dead.

For this reason, unless Riot decides to implement a purchase log into the tribunal, that marks what was bought when, including whether or not the refund system was on during that game, going by build alone to determine this in the tribunal is not accurate enough for a decision. Again, you should know this, considering how much you bring up the tribunal.

Quote:
Again, you make an assumption, you answer in my behalf, and you're rude. I dont think it's needed to fill a dozen more lines to tell how far from truth this is.
Again, this is a bit hypocritical, seeing how your last post was fairly full of rudeness and assumptions. If you don't want to be treated this way, maybe you should reconsider how you treat others.