Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Woodchuckmaster

10-17-2013

GJ Riot, love the plan, now i just have to somehow stop myself from checking every 10 seconds to see if its been released
FREEDOM from auto-lockers and lane calling. Aaah doesn't it feel good?

Jiffs

10-17-2013

Finally, A simple way to pick a lane a champion and a position without the players saying "duo top with blah!" then saying too bad when someone else has called first before them. Brilliant, Like most say. Riot, Please finish world hunger!

~Jiffs <3

ploki122

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Draft mode is a different story (I can't really speak to that from these data), but we did explicitly try comps with champions that we thought would be considered "unviable" at the time (based on how forums were discussing 'em). We put them in roles/positions that made sense for them at the time (like jungle Eve), and the average response was positive. It was less positive than some of the other setups, but still positive overall. Which actually surprised quite a few of us--we were worried some champions would basically make a composition unacceptable to players. While that's true for some, it's not for the majority. Which is cool!
While I understand that off-roles/off-champions were moderate-to-high'ly accepted, you would pobably even be surprised at how much I can be flamed from going support poppy. The thing is I'm on a champions considered by most of the playerbase 100% unplayable, in a role he wasn't designed to play, and to top it off, it's one of the 2 role that receives free hate for no reason.

Just saying, but I don't expect to find queues often...

N.B. and that thing still works, I went on a ~18-4 streak before getting Gold V

SauronZ

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
While I understand that off-roles/off-champions were moderate-to-high'ly accepted, you would pobably even be surprised at how much I can be flamed from going support poppy.
how exactly does a 0cs poppy help in a team?

Captain Prinny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Player 1 starts up a lobby with his preferred parameters.
Player 2 joins the lobby.
Player 1 uses LolKing to check Player 2's stats and information.
Player 1 decides Player 2's recent match history, ratios, or general stats are unacceptable and kicks him out.

GG

I think I'll stick to solo queue/standard champion select.. not that I do much beyond ARAM these days anyway.

WizardWhateley

10-17-2013

Can you select which side you want to play from too? I hate purple side but always get stuck playing from there.

Katsuo Nuruodo

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Prinny View Post
Player 1 starts up a lobby with his preferred parameters.
Player 2 joins the lobby.
Player 1 uses LolKing to check Player 2's stats and information.
Player 1 decides Player 2's recent match history, ratios, or general stats are unacceptable and kicks him out.

GG

I think I'll stick to solo queue/standard champion select.. not that I do much beyond ARAM these days anyway.
If you had actually read the Riot posts in this thread before posting, you'd know that they already addressed this concern. They have automated systems in place that look for abuse, such as accepting people, then usually kicking them shortly afterwards. If they see you doing this, they don't send you players as often.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauronZ View Post
It doesnt ignore anything since I answered it, and the analogy is due.
Because murder is equivelent to not technically breaking a rule in a video game. K.
Quote:
This is exactly what I was talking about. Some people, you included, judging by the way you talk, are only restrained from doing what is "wrong" if, and only if, they fear the consequences.

Besides, if you intendely knew that you were expected to build tanky, but you didnt get a single life/resistances item, you are doing something "wrong", even if this is not forbidden by the "game's rules".
Judging by the way you talk, I would say you are a 9-11 year old. See what I did there?

This is the internet, by design you need to accomodate for the bottom of the barrel. This includes, but is not limited to, morons and trolls.

Quote:
As I stated above, if you applied for a tanky champ, but went FULL damage instead, this behavior should be treated as harassment, and the player should be warned. However, if there is a light disagreement about what is a tanky build (full tank vs 1 or 2 damage items), then it's a matter of point of view, and no punishment is needed. This is up for the people to judge, and the chat could easily help with that.
You are assuming intellegence, or at least knowledge of the game and meta to a degree. New comers won't necessarily have the latter, and seeing as we are talking about humans, you can't assume the former either. When you make a system like this, you need to examine the worst case scenario. So, someone new to the game with an IQ of 75. They may see the word tank and go "DURR, TANKS STAMP ON EVERYTHIN IN REAL LIFE, THAT MUST BE THE DAMAGE CLASS! HURR!" If they don't see, or at least have a rule set to go by, then you can't fault them.

Also, are you implying that this person would be toxic? If so, that is some pretty messed up stuff your spewing. I suggest a nice cup of GROW UP.
Quote:
If this was entirely true, there would be no Tribunal as we know it. EVery case would have 100% punish or forgive votes. But that's not what happens. A player is reported for bad behavior, I read the chat and decide he's guilty. Someone else picks the same case, reads the chat and decides he must be firgiven.

The same applies to this matter. If I ever get a case in which the player willingly took a given role/lane and then, out of the blue, for no reason at all, went for something entirely different, in total disagreement with his team, I wouldnt think twice before hitting the punishment button. Someone else might disagree. And in the end is up to the group to decide. We do not need a big "YOU ARE FORBIDDEN FOR DOING THIS" for every action that we take. Or at least we shouldn't.

This is so clear to me that I can't understand why we're discussing about it.
lolwut? Instead of assuming retardation, I'll let you explain this leap.

I don't see the current system having a report for "unorthodox build," and if it ever came to pass that this was invented, I would be one of the many that would drop this game like a bad habit. Cant tell you how many times mid game I would completely change my build, to perform where someone was either lacking, failing, or simply to replace an AFK player. Unless the tribunal gets a log of ALL items purchased, then reporting for x build is entirely unreliable.

Quote:
Tribunal.
So supports can't buy AP items? Nor are they allowed to cs? Nice to finally meet you, Meta knight. How was getting destroyed by kirby in every kirby game like? Was it worth the fame?

If jungle AP cho is something you report, then I have doubts on the weight of your reports. Especially if top decided to go tank due to failing the lane, and so cho went AP and camped top to help him.

And Kayle switching AP to AP is no change at all. YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD! ALL NON READERS ON THE FIELD ARE EXPOSED!

Quote:
I first thought of saying: c'mon, this is such a childish thought that...
And then I realized how many kids play this game. Anyway, kid or not, everyone must realize that, even if something isn't "forbidden by a law", one shouldn't do it if he knows it is certainly prejudice someone. And whoever fails to realize this, must face the Tribunal, and for eveyone else's sake be warned, punished, or whatever makes him act as a human being, not as a greedy selfish ńsshole.
I am glad you finally realized my point, though it took an essay at least you are here. You are assuming too much maturity, too much intellegence, and too much familiarity with the game. While I agree, in theory this system could work.... Welcome to reality.

Katsuo Nuruodo

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainel View Post
Could there be options for very specific instances?

For example My friends and I want to try some "troll synergy" teams and sometimes need a fill for a specific role.

For example Aatrox, Zilean, Anivia, Zac, Yorick for reasons that should become obvious the first teamfight, where we dont only need a specific role (Jungle) but also a spicific champion (Zac) to play the team in all it's troll glory.
Check out the proposal I put forward in my post here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...6#post42295736

Basically, the idea is to have the option of browsing available teams, and teams can select(or type) a team comp that people can look at before selecting a champ and applying to join the team.

So, if you had a team comp of "life after death" or whatever you'd like to call it, and I see that and happen to think it would be fun, I could pick an appropriate champ and apply to join your team.

In my post I gave a similar example of a teamcomp consisting of all long-range/global ults. The chance of getting people randomly that happen to have appropriate champs would be extremely low. And similarly, picking ashe and queuing up in TeamBuilder, hoping to hit a long-range/global ults team would be a great way to almost never find the comp you're looking for. But, if people could see the team comp that you're running, and they're interested in it, they could pick a champ that fits and apply to join.

Take a look at what I proposed and see if that would address your concerns. In my opinion, it would make these non-meta and themed teamcomps possible to set up and fill(provided there's enough players interested of course), while also eliminating a lot of player frustration about being locked into a sub-optimal champ for the comp.

Captain Prinny

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuo Nuruodo View Post
If you had actually read the Riot posts in this thread before posting, you'd know that they already addressed this concern. They have automated systems in place that look for abuse, such as accepting people, then usually kicking them shortly afterwards. If they see you doing this, they don't send you players as often.

Automated systems won't stop people from doing it. It will only slow them down. The new Team Builder is still introducing a new way for people to prejudge their teammates. I'm fine with everything else about it.