Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Retard Bear

10-17-2013

gj

Raptamei

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
Draft mode is a different story (I can't really speak to that from these data), but we did explicitly try comps with champions that we thought would be considered "unviable" at the time (based on how forums were discussing 'em). We put them in roles/positions that made sense for them at the time (like jungle Eve), and the average response was positive. It was less positive than some of the other setups, but still positive overall. Which actually surprised quite a few of us--we were worried some champions would basically make a composition unacceptable to players. While that's true for some, it's not for the majority. Which is cool!
Yeah. Sure. Totally.

When I pick jungle Morgana or Quinn in blind pick (forget ranked, I know not picking top tier champs in ranked is punishable) there's a 50% chance I get dodged and a 75% chance I get flamed or trolled when I don't get dodged. It is common to receive no leash or for people to intentionally steal my jungle or not help me when I gank or get invaded. Revives and multiple smites also happen, and I even ran into multiple intentional feeders.

And of course almost every time we lose I get reported. This earned me 6 warning popups to date.

Out of 14 jungle Quinn games lately on my EUW account, 2 were normal wins; 1 was a normal loss; 2 were wins despite getting griefed; 9 times my team either trolled me so hard that we lost or gave up from the start. I don't know in what fairy world you live, but this is not acceptable.

AFINIS

10-17-2013

Hello,

Some of the people (like me) would like to fill the remaining role with a view to increase the team synergy. This action is certainly part of the reason why I can climb up the ladder. If this team builder system will implement in the solo queue, is that mean we, the current "team builder", will be devalued as we don't specialize in one role?

Is that riot you have stated that communication is also part of the game? I can communicate well with others and calm them down in the champion select process, but with the new system this action will become meaningless. (At least my team won't rage as everyone got what they want before the game"

Tl;dr "Team builder" now will be devalued if this system launch in solo queue.

Regards,
Afinis

NBG SoBe

10-17-2013

if i could give this a million thumbs up i would!!!!!!
finally!!!!!!

Gigglestomp

10-17-2013

I don't think hemer mid is raged at because he's hemer mid....

I think he's raged at because 2-3 other people qued with the intention of typing "mid" as fast as possible.

If your planning to go ahri or zed and someone picks hemer... Well hemer is more likely to get raged at.

But if you have every player calling top ADC jungle support ... No one wants mid but hemer... Well then the team probably doesn't care.

This tool solves the problem of multiple people picking the same role, so it should help hemer out.

Tunoko

10-17-2013

this system is not going to be implemented in ranked.

Col Frogfoot

10-17-2013

I this being implemented at all for ranked? You can do seperate ques for picking your role before hand and normal ranked draft. Also why is it saying the champion and stuff like "roam"? Can't we just have a draft pick with someone who is going top,mid,jungle,adc,supp in no particular champion or role? That would be pretty cool

Lulus Pantsu

10-17-2013

Can you select a role without a champion so you can counterpick?

AdinoTheEznite

10-17-2013

Will Team Builder allow people to queue up for more than one role? What if I have a particular champion I want to play, but don't mind playing that champion in 2 or 3 different roles (e.g. Lux mid or support, Vlad top or mid, etc.)?

elrobbo6

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

I love this idea and my friends and I thought of this idea quite a while ago. One option that might be nice is the option to see what team comps are being looked for by the team leaders. Because I might not be even thinking of playing a crazy comp but if there is some way to see what types of games people are currently looking for that might encourage people to try new things. If they know there is a team comp currently looking for a game, that looks like a Naut top will fit into, they would be much more likely to try it then if they are not sure of what people are looking for an don't want to queue for Naut top blindly and be waiting for an hour for a game.