Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nicodemous

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by humps05 View Post
I agree with Tigercule this does seem a little too specific. I sometimes change my mind about what champ i wanna play 3-4 times in q it also depends on who they are playing. If i choose to q up as top teem then find out our jungle is shaco and we have no tank i would regret it and want to switch to say jax or aatrox someone that im going to build to at least take a hit.
Nope, sorry... kids want the meta enforced, and just like crying about wanting skins gets them, crying to enforce the meta makes it happen.

Nicodemous

10-16-2013

I also predict that mids and adcs will have huge queue times, but that is the price you pay for trying to enforce the meta in this way.

anAmishLady

10-16-2013

If this were to reach live servers and especially their ranked queues, how will it take into account counterpicking opponents' champion choices?

Not being able to see the opposing team as it's assembled seems like a really weird step back from the current system.

Raptor6789

10-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
If this were to reach live servers and especially their ranked queues, how will it take into account counterpicking opponents' champion choices?

Not being able to see the opposing team as it's assembled seems like a really weird step back from the current system.
I'm pretty interested about this too. The pick/ban phase intrinsically has a lot of strategy already, and removing this might actually make the game less enjoyable for people who end up going in a lane that completely counters them, for instance.

hesulhothuh

10-16-2013

So will this be a thing in ranked solo/duo que?

Shadowteen20

10-16-2013

riot games, f*** yeah

Satoss

10-16-2013

Well despite the follow up post I'm gonna go ahead and say that this will obliterate any change to the game until it disappears (assuming it does). LoL is an evolving game, and despite how toxic champ select is, this is not the solution. This will effectively destroy or significantly hinder changes to the meta. I will probably love this feature months and months, but without the game changing, it will eventually destroy League. Call me crazy, but you'll see in a year. It'll be this feature that kills the game.

Pushing Sharks

10-16-2013

I find that if ADC's have huge Q's it'll actually be better for myself. I main ADC and almost play nothing but that, so I'll be able to play game's in between Q's so I can be occupied! I don't find Huge Q's to be a problem at all

Meritone

10-16-2013

Wow, I might actually reinstall and play something other than aram and dominion for once.

I'm definitely gonna start checking up on the status of this project. Hope it hits live soon!

SauronZ

10-16-2013

A hundred and thirty pages have gone by, and still so much people don't realize that this is such a tool to help breaking the meta, not enforcing it.