Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caseo

10-15-2013

Considering there's hundreds of pages here, I'm not really sure if this has been asked (I've looked through the red responses and seen none relating to this)

Will the team leader be able to ban (3?) specific champions similarly to draft pick? For example, I set up a team composition to search for, but decide I don't want to see Blitzcrank, thresh, or amumu in my match. Can I ban them from being selected and have this factored into the search parameters for the opposing team once my team has been organized? Or is this a step ahead of what's been developed so far? I ask this simply because I can only imagine that with the relatively blind-pick style this system employs, the biggest frustrations will likely come from the enemy team's composition.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

10-15-2013
75 of 101 Riot Posts

Davin's research showed that a fairly good margin of players want to be supports. If that doesn't turn out to be true, then I'm confident there's things my team can do to help make support a better experience.

Wrath of Kon

10-15-2013

Xelnath how do you think queue times may be for this mode? And you are right ton of support mains! Like me.

LifeSmash

10-15-2013

Xelnath your post isn't showing up on the Dev Tracker, just fyi

BlackEminem

10-15-2013

What happens if a group of 5 friends all agree to submit that they want to do some crazy strategy that nobody else is going to also submit, will the group of friends get a free pre-made game in solo Que since nobody else wants to do that strategy?

Wrath of Kon

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEminem View Post
What happens if a group of 5 friends all agree to submit that they want to do some crazy strategy that nobody else is going to also submit, will the group of friends get a free pre-made game in solo Que since nobody else wants to do that strategy?
This is why this can't go in ranked without major overhaul. You can end up versus a premade 5

DizzyPW

10-15-2013

As someone who has been thoroughly disappointed in Riot's performance over the last eighth or so months, this update alone carries enough weight to actually make me want to give the game another chance. Also seems my old Ahri build is now not only the norm but getting a slight buff. Here's hoping season 4 keeps up the pace and quality.

Lycantis

10-15-2013

Unfortunately the queue times will be quite long probably because of how rare a support main is

Azander

10-15-2013

Okay, I've read all of the Riot posts up to this point and I still have a question. I mostly play support in ranked, but before I choose my champion, I always ask my ADC a few questions as to their preferred playstyle. If I'm reading this right, I'm going to have to pick my champion before asking what they want or even seeing who they picked. Can someone verify this?

Wrath of Kon

10-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azander View Post
Okay, I've read all of the Riot posts up to this point and I still have a question. I mostly play support in ranked, but before I choose my champion, I always ask my ADC a few questions as to their preferred playstyle. If I'm reading this right, I'm going to have to pick my champion before asking what they want or even seeing who they picked. Can someone verify this?
You are not picking what to play but what you'd prefer to play. You can change in champion select