how to counter jinx

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aaargh

10-17-2013

draven for skillful people.

master yi.

ashe.

Mage Lord Nelber

10-17-2013

Caitlyn and a decent support who isn't brain-dead counter Jinx hardcore

Anachronity

10-17-2013

I think both modes of her Q are broken, her Zap! is a slightly weaker Nidalee spear, and her ultimate is faster than Draven's with much more damage and a shorter cooldown.

In my experience her lack of escapes isn't too much of an issue. She does have flame chompers, which she doesn't even need to stop to cast, and her minigun does so much damage close range that only dedicated gap-closer tanks and anticarry champs can handle it.

She can be countered like any other ADC, but that just means she's an ADC. It says nothing about how powerful she is.

Stray Logos

10-18-2013

I just had a bad night of playing Jinx in 3's (terrible idea I know, but I have fun with it), and let me just say that nothing screwed me over more than gapclosers. My last game was myself, Amummu, and Galio against Lee, Fiora, and Cho. When my teammates successfully peeled for me, we won team fights by a land slide, but if the enemy maneuvered around them to get to me, I was DONE.

Put my E under my feet when I see Fiora coming towards me, she dashes once, gets snared. I back up and try to kite, but she just dashes again and continues to wail on me. Use BotRK? She had exhaust. Anyone with sticking power/gapclosers can destroy Jinx unless they are peeled.

Some will say this is true for 80% of ADC, but let me ask you... the top tier ADC's all have self peel or escapes to avoid getting jumped, so what do you do as a squishy ADC without those things? Jinx is the same as Kog in that unless she has fantastic positioning or excessive amounts of peel, she will die to the majority of the popular bruisers/assassins.

Jinx is a lane bully, like a Cait who does not become good at her job till level 3. Having a CC support, or a good jungler will almost always result in her dying due to her complete inability to avoid well performed ganks outside of flash.

WaffleWalrus

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutcarrot View Post
What adc isn't countered by frozen heart and hard cc? 0/10.

Her Q is crazy OP. Free Trist range plus 10% extra AD AND AoE. Lacks a trade off between laning and mid/late game.

She has more non ultimate CC than any adc in the game.

The simple fact that she has so much AS AND AD scaling coupled with strong base damage/cc in lane makes her extremely snowbally, and very difficult to counterplay because she's basically an OP version of Cait
Jinx's Q is not as OP as people think. Let's look at a level 18 Cait vs a level 18 Jinx with no items. Both Jinx and Cait have 0.625 base AS, however Jinx only gets 1% AS per level whereas Cait gets 4% AS per level. Therefore, Jinx gets (1%*17 = 17% bonus AS) and Cait gets (4%*17 = 68% bonus AS. Both of them have an attack delay of 0.

At level 18 Jinx would have:
.625/(1+0) * (1 + .17) = 0.73125 AS

At level 18 Cait would have:
.625(1+0) * (1 + .68) = 1.05 AS

With Berserker's Greaves and Phantom Dancer,

At level 18 Jinx would have:
.625/(1+0) * (1 + .17 + .2 + .5) = 1.16875 AS

At level 18 Cait would have:
.625(1+0) * (1 + .68 + .2 + .5 ) = 1.4875 AS

So while Caitlyn is firing at 1.4875 AS at 650 range with headshots every now and then, Jinx is firing slow rockets at 1.16875 AS. If Jinx were to get into mini-gun range, she would probably die because she doesn't have a net like Caitlyn. With mini-gun fully ramped, Jinx's AS is 1.98125, but that's at 3 stacks of mini-gun's terrible 525 range.

Even if Jinx is strong in lane, she is easy to gank because she doesn't have a dash escape. What? Do you want to make Jinx as strong as any other ADC and not give her an escape? Riot made her strong, just like they made Draven strong, because she doesn't have a dash escape. Even Draven at least has a MS boost that he can practically spam. If people run around her traps, Jinx has to run away at 1 mph. It's not that hard to dodge her zap either.

tl;dr: Jinx is balanced. She's tied for the lowest AS in the game apart from her steroid. She's strong because she's easy to kill.

Doom angle

10-18-2013

U wanted an ADC that can counter jinx with one of her abilities Well here goes Quin's E If used at the perfect time could easily jump over Jinx's W Or used on a minion to dash and jump outta the way also teamfights whenever u see jinx use zap just jump over on a random enemy champion There goes the ADC that can also counter jinx

RadiantPyrophore

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man woking View Post
Because jinx is better than most adcs?(Should be obvious)
I would love that mini-gun AS steroid.
Would you also like to have ~54% less innate attack speed than everyone else?

Tydes

10-18-2013

Any half decent Shaco can absolutely wreck Jinx even when in a team fight. Slip around back, couple of hits and jinx is down. Then escape Shaco style. I have experienced this, and it is not fun.

bunies

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbels View Post
I'm pretty sure you just described how to counter multiple adcs. = l
technicaly all adc are counter by that

Krammed

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by altayruu View Post
Her W is really the issue for me. It's got a huge slow and a reveal tied to it on a huge range. It makes it hard to get away from her/her team, especially if its coming from fog of war.
If you're an experienced Vayne player, late game Vayne should have an easy time killing Jinx. Jinx has no actual escape mechanic (aside from getting a tower or kills) and by escape mechanic I mean something such as Corki's Valkyrie, Ezreal's Arcane Shift, whatever the heck Evelynn does to speed herself up etc, so you can kite her around pretty easily. That is if you can survive the lane phase against her. You can pretty much just tumble around her and condemn her until she dies, and you should probably be able to dodge her w and e.