Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Jinx worth buying?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AP ApexPredator

10-13-2013

Hey I like to play adc and mid. I was wondering if jinx is a good pickup compared to caitlyn, corki, and ez. Also, the decision is between jinx and fizz.

Izbiz

10-13-2013

How would we know if you'll like Jinx? Is she a viable champion? Yes.

AP ApexPredator

10-13-2013

I was wondering if she is as good as other adcs.

MarhsallLee67

10-13-2013

Quote:
AP ApexPredator:
I was wondering if she is as good as other adcs.

from what I've seen, she can win most match-ups if you know how to play and build her.

Weirding

10-13-2013

She one of the best ADCs in the game at the moment.

She's stronger than Caitlyn, even if she starts out with slightly less range. She can push turrets better than Caitlyn, even though she isn't quite as safe doing it. If you pick a highly defensive support and ward effectively, you can drop a lot of turrets early. As an added bonus, Jinx gets stronger as the game goes on, as opposed to dropping off a bit like Caitlyn does.

She is also a surprisingly good duelist for an ADC.

Also, I've seen her jungle, and her ganks are actually really quite scary if you are caught out of position. Like Lee Sin, she has to land her skillshot, but if she does, that combined with Flame Chompers can pretty much guarantee a kill. This isn't to say that I would jungle her, but the fact that she CAN jungle effectively as an ADC says something.

Strilter

10-13-2013

she has a little bit of everything tbh... i don't own her my friend does I main support. the few people that know what their doing make jinx very very powerful lolz, but those that don't know what their doing well... they feed. I think shes pretty easy to pick up from what i've seen but I think shes going to be one of those situational adc's and yeah she is a pretty damned decent duelist

bustahashbrown

10-14-2013

I personally think she's weak, that's mainly because I have yet to play against a good one though. I prefer graves or MF over her tho.

laxjoh

10-14-2013

I am also one whot hinks she is slightly weak because of her very low mobility and the dependence on you snowballing. Jinx is a snowball champ with no natural escapes and a strong early game. This means there are already existing ADC's that can beat her 1v1 mid-late game. Your job as Jinx is to shut these ADC's down in lane so they don't reach their late game.

Tychain

10-14-2013

Personally I love her, she has almost everything she needs for any match up. I have not found an ADC that is truly difficult to play against, even cait or Corki are not that bad given the range on her W and how often you can poke with it. Not to mention her chompers for when you get ganked or engaged on. But champs are different for everyone.. I would recommend trying her out, she is tons of fun.

laxjoh

10-14-2013

Quote:
Tychain:
Personally I love her, she has almost everything she needs for any match up. I have not found an ADC that is truly difficult to play against, even cait or Corki are not that bad given the range on her W and how often you can poke with it. Not to mention her chompers for when you get ganked or engaged on. But champs are different for everyone.. I would recommend trying her out, she is tons of fun.

She's definitely fun to play but I disagree; there are several ADC's that can beat Jinx; you just can't go all in during laning phase. Jinx is a champion with similar functions of Cait/Draven/MF. Powerful early-game/laning phase. But if you don't snowball or if you are behind, you will be screwed because there are plenty of ADC's that outscale Jinx into late game or scale harder mid-late and dominate that area. Naming a few, Vayne/Corki/Varus/Kog'maw/Tristana. I'm pretty sure Quinn can beat Jinx too late game assuming she dodged her W.

FYI, I know W does insane damage but let's be realistic. It's pretty easy to dodge..
---
Also forgot, Graves can probably beat her too as his initial burst combo is better than Jinx's meaning if Jinx doesn't dodge your combo, she will lose.