Specific Rules Questions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Rose

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeLamePun View Post
Does this include the customization of the GeneralCharacterData_Legacy.ini file that users can add into the Riot Games program file to customize the client side appearance of health, mana, energy, and shield bar colors and fades to either have a different color palette or assist them in distinguishing themselves from other allies in teamfights?
im wondering about this too because many people and some riot employees use this text change to achieve the different health bar colors and why has this not been implemented into the game already?

coblen

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Hey Swipe!

Re: 3.1.3
Players are only allowed to change settings available through standard options menus. They aren't even allowed to plug anything into the computers other than a keyboard and mouse. No changes to .ini files, no third-party programs, nothing. The computers are actually equipped with a program called Deep Freeze, which restores default computer settings and files on restart.

Wait your saying I can't use my xbox controller. YEARS OF PRACTICE THROWN OUT THE WINDOW. now I have to completely relearn this game.

Tiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

10-23-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windstorm View Post
so Tiza, you might be able to answer this. I know that Razer and Logitech have been pushing their sidepads (Orbweaver, G13, Nostromo, etc) pretty hard recently for use in FPS and MOBA games, how are these handled under the current ruleset?

not going to get into the advantage vs disadvantage side of it, but it seems interesting to me that Razer and co would push these so hard if they were actually disallowed in competitive play.
Using those peripherals is fine. Using things like additional displays or macro keys is not, so we ensure that they are disabled upon use. No bells and whistles, basically.

Leethax McGee

11-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Re: 3.1.6
This is an intentional use of a game bug to secure an advantage. If there's a bug that can be used that way that we know about, we usually disable the champion to prevent any concerns of exploiting. However, in the event that a player induces or manipulates a bug to their team's advantage, they'll get punished under this rule.
Unfortunately since nobody at riot reads feedback or plays the game themselves, this rule is pretty irrelevant. People have been abusing bugs in tournaments since the game came out, and none of them have been punished.

Adiuva

11-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leethax McGee View Post
Unfortunately since nobody at riot reads feedback or plays the game themselves, this rule is pretty irrelevant. People have been abusing bugs in tournaments since the game came out, and none of them have been punished.
Have you read any of this thread? RiotTiza has already replied twice to this alone. And nobody at Riot plays the game? RiotPhreak? RiotTriggs? RiotJanook? Several of the employees play the game, and as Tiza said, if bugs are found, they disable the champion as soon as possible.