BTL Chapter 1b: Crushing the Chaos (Semi-Open)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SerpantsEmbrace

10-13-2013

Cassiopeia hated this; hated standing there, like a freak being put on display. With her sister away and her father gone, the social and political duties of the Du Couteau family were placed on her. She smiles and raises a polite hand to those that greeted her and thanked her, yet behind their own smiles and pleasantries, she sees revulsion, fear, and pity. She shifts on her couch, her tail hidden from view under a blanket, anxiously awaiting the time when she can away from prying eyes.

Aya Shameimaruu

10-13-2013

((Oh you jerk.))

Alyssa noticed the kids running toward the festival and she planted her face in her grimoire in embarrassment. "You are the most stupidest person I know." She gets up and closes her Grimoire, following the kids and eventually seeing the festival.

"This looks much more like it..." She says, entering and upon seeing many people, even the famed champions LeBlanc and Cassiopeia. "This is extraordinary." Alyssa said to herself. "Not only Zaunites, but League Champions.

Alyssa had no idea what to do or wait for, so she sat on a nearby bench and continued reading, hopefully something will peak her interest. But for now, she'll just read her grimoire.

"I should have never left Demacia." Alyssa whispered to herself.

13loodzkrieg

10-13-2013

((may I still join?))

muggtonp

10-14-2013

((My circumstances mean that I'll only be able to post around this time of day; it's possible but very rare for me to post earlier. If that's too much trouble, I'll drop out of the RP. Just thought I should let everybody know.))

Despite Zaun's mad-scientific obsession with just about everything, the city itself, it seemed, was not above having a park. Johun sits alone on a bench pointing towards a fountain, watching the water pour downwards into the pool below. Listening to the gentle trickle of water, he begins to tune out the noise around him, almost forgetting where he is...

Several particularly painful memories flash in and out of his mind, and Johun's head snaps up. His peaceful mood has changed almost instantly into one of barely contained rage. Sure, the park was nice, the ordinary folk were decent, and the festival was... festive. But this was the very same city where his old life had been torn away.

A palpable aura of deep, dark anger slowly grows in a cloud around Johun. Any normal person who looked into his eyes at that particular moment would likely turn their heads and walk away as fast as they could in the other direction.

He looks up into the crowd and above it, searching for something to focus on so he might control his fury. A dragon, several people resembling champions from the League (it was natural, Johun supposed, for people to cosplay as champions. Real champions would probably have better things to do than attend a simple festival, coliseum battle or not), and some strange crystals catch his eye. But nothing truly interesting...

Johun shakes his head and returns to brooding quietly.

Aproxima

10-14-2013

As any other time Éclair kept her blood presence at its passive radius of 50 meters (~55yards), her complex mind keeping track of every single creature containing blood or having any source of life essence. However despite keeping it in this short range, she could clearly feel much more powerful sources outside of her field of blood sight. There are always people that are stronger than average, but they still fall under the limits of an ordinary human. These individuals were above this level making Éclair more cautious than before.

She knew one of them and she knew her very well - LeBlanc. Éclair didn't need any sort of special ability to feel her gaze, her female intuition was enough to know.
Éclair turned to LeBlanc and looked up at her, from the shadows her golden eyes peering back at her and as the shadows of her hood retreated a bit, they reveal a smile and the lower parts of her scar. She placed her arm on her breasts and bowed down lightly as she lowered her golden eyes. Éclair then turned away and continued in moving through the crowd.
LeBlanc...she knew Éclair ever since she was a child, ever since her at that time mud-covered and filthy family arrived into Noxus and begged for a place to stay. She was the very person who allowed for one life to be sacrificed to save the rest of the child's dying family; for one life to turn into living hell so the rest could survive. Éclair knew this very well, but didn't hold any grudges against her. After all it was the only logical thing to do.
And even now despite having severed her ties to military, she serves Noxus and respects LeBlanc for giving her family the opportunity to live.

She was one of the individuals. There were several other, but she didn't recognize them...aside of one more. It was moving towards her and its signature wasn't one of a human. And what else, she sensed something familiar some time ago and the similar signature belonged to a dragon.
Éclair turned to looked at who was this new strong creature. She looked up at Gortavil as he started bowing down to sniff her. It seems the people around her believed him to be just another attraction or maybe even a display of technology, but she knew better. Even before she saw his size she reached with her left hand for one of her knives and when she saw, she reached with her other hand for her high-calibre revolver called Vengeance that would surely do considerable damage even to a beast of this size.
Éclair calmed down when Gortavil simply sniffed her and then turned his attention elsewhere, leaving her there as she removed her hands from her weapons again. She shrugged a bit, the stench was definitely something, but she's been through worse already. After all she's as far from a noble she is supposed to be as you can get or at least taking her experiences into consideration.

That was one threat identified and scouted. As in any other situation, she already had many plans how to kill absolutely everyone in her vicinity in case the need ever arises. It was a mark of a good assassin - having a plan to kill anyone you meet. And while the ordinary people would be easy to take care of, she had to know what she could be facing and when the opportunity to identify a threat presents itself, only a fool wouldn't take advantage of it.
Although she had to wonder why she was so interesting all of a sudden in this crowd. First a stranger approaches her for no reason and now a dragon is sniffing to her. She knew her color pattern nor clothes were something that'd be standing out from the crowd, so there had to be another reason for this. Her mana signatures were completely ordinary, maybe even the opposite of powerful as she possessed extremely low amounts of mana, much less than an average person incapable of magic. So anyone interested in more standard magics wouldn't find her interesting. She very much doubted someone could feel or even pinpoint life force as she was aware of only very few people capable of such thing and those people would be - her family, Karthus and Vladimir. There had to be another reason for this to be happening as if they were her enemies and were targeting her, they surely wouldn't pick this place to fight. And then she realized the possible reason, the other dragon also mentioned the blood so maybe this one if he comes from the same brood also smelled the blood in her hair and the scar on her face.

Oh so many inconveniences. At least it was nice that the crowd was giving her enough space. And then she suddenly saw it...a pink blob and then children chasing it.
She heard of this creature from various reports, supposedly it belonged to a person called Phantom, one of the big players in organizations that were not supposed to exist. Her knowledge of this person and his network were incomplete and vague. Maybe if she follows this creature she'd happen upon this mysterious person. Besides children always know where to find the best stuff.
So Éclair followed the children, keeping track of their movements through her blood presence. She felt she was on a collision course with another strong presence and sooner or later would meet it as she followed the children.

Sykper

10-14-2013

Yankith Malvon simply enjoyed his view of the festivities from afar, a tall part of a recently set-up observation tower near the coliseum facing the entertainment. With a peculiar scope he watched various individuals go through the festival, although quite a few have gotten his attention as he panned his view around. Between the champions preset, some peculiar folks and even a dragon Malvon grinned mischievously.

"Today's going to be a good day!"

He considered as his view observed the dragon making its way over to Karthus at a steady pace, it was likely they were going to meet at any time now.

SerpantsEmbrace

10-14-2013

Cassiopeia wondered how long her servants had been gone. She had sent them out to make sure that they key inventor's tables were stocked with everything they needed. Only three out of the four had returned so far. She vaguely wondered if the fourth had gotten snatched up for some inhumane experiments. Just as she did so, the servant returned. She bowed to Cassiopeia.

"Mistress, I have something to report."

Cassiopeia nodded.

"Speak."

the servant bowed again, not making eye contact with her Mistress. She wanted to live after this day was through.

"It appears that the Deathsinger is here."

Cassiopeia raised an eyebrow, interested. What would that Lich want at a festival like this? Cassiopeia was intrigued by the possible answers. She addressed the servant in front of her.

"I see. His presence is quite interesting...Follow him."

The servant's head jerked up quickly, her eyes wide with fear.

"I-I'm sorry?"

Cassiopeia's own eyes narrowed. She did not like repeating herself.

"You heard me, servant. Follow him."

The servant shifted nervously and her eyes darted in between Cassiopeia and her feet.

"I...I..."

Cassiopeia smiled-an ill omen that she was not pleased-and her tone became like venom-laced honey.

"You what? Do not tell me that you are going to refuse such a request from me. If you wish, I could send a different servant in your place while you and I have a nice little chat. Is that what you prefer?"

The servant began shaking now. Saying only "Mistress," she turned and hurried back onto the grounds in search of Karthus. Cassiopeia motioned to her butler and he leaned down as she addressed him.

"Who was that servant?"

"That was a miss, Adalay Kingston, Milady."

Cassiopeia nodded.

"Jenkins, remind me to find her replacement after today. Miss Kingston will have had an unfortunate accident, unless the Deathsinger has his way with her."

Jenkins nodded.

"As you wish, Milady."

Cassiopeia watched the distant form of Adalay hurrying away. Today might turn out to be interesting indeed.

AskKarthus

10-14-2013

Karthus continued toward the plague bearer and noticed several things. A woman who seemed to have the same nasty demeanor as Vladimir and a similar magical aura to his hemomancy. He would keep an eye on her, those types tend ot be unstable. He also noticed that he was being followed, but it was by no one important, and deep down under it all, there was something foreboding, a third source of corruption. And something was watching him. He did not like that.

muggtonp

10-14-2013

After a particularly intense staring contest with the tiles of the pavement and what appeared to be a mechanical raven (which would not stop croaking 'Nevermore'), Johun got to his feet. His mood would not improve, he decided, if he did nothing but stare at inanimate objects all day. Perhaps some snack food would lift his spirits. His goal in mind, Johun heaves himself to his feet and stumbles off. He passes several stands selling trinkets, a small pink blob of sorts followed by several children, and a candy stand.

Johun pauses.

Yes, he decides. This is the place. He turns back and gets in line. Nothing like a ridiculously sweet something to make somebody feel better. He relaxes, feeling his anger melt away little by little.

DWT12345

10-14-2013

Dwt looked around at his surroundings. He saw the giant dragon, his mind instantly thinking.

what breed of dragon is he? A wyvern? Maybe a Shemumian Desert Back?

He could'nt help his facination, but resisted the temptation to approach the giant wonder,
knowing that dragons didin't take kindly to inpolitness. He looked back at his companions,
who were strewn out.

Dwt sighs

Juvie was pacing furiously, while the rest were simply sitting down.

Dwt groans and tosses them a bag of gold.

"Here. go buy food and whatnot, but DON'T get into any trouble!'

He gave them the evil's eye and walked off

Juvie glared at Drake who remained on Dwt's shoulder.

Do you NEVER stop sitting on him? Come on, have some fun!
Drake looked reluctantly and flew over.

Dwt noticed how drake left, and he was glad, because he needed to DO something for a change.
He looked around again. He saw the redhead, who he remained quite peeved at. Who was she to yell at his companions? That was his job. He also saw Cassiopia, which startled him. He moved away slightly. He suddenly felt an odd chill in the air. He looked around. Maybe it was Karthus. Yes, that had to be what it was. Seeking sociolazation, he walkes up to Karthus, although figuring it was dangerous. "Are - Are you the real Karthus?" He inquired.

Juvie snickered as she watched Dwt walk away.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! He's gone! what do we do know?

Blow somthing up!

Pent suggested.

Drake growled. No! We need to be-

He was cut off by pent jumping up and biting him.

Sal approched Eclair Sinesterly.

This isint a good idea! Drake warned. Not wanting to see the results, he shot up in the air, looking for Dwt.