Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GangsterJawa

12-14-2010

Yeah... I'm just kinda wondering on the threshold for this, because I sometimes have to leave, even when I don't wnt too.

Skreeg

Recruiter

12-14-2010

Quote:
Tamat:
Excited? You should be!

Let us know what you think about these additions!

Frankly, I think they kick arse.

Hellebore

12-14-2010

Quote:
Crazy Coward:
couldn't leavers still get around this by unplugging their internet cord?

Not at all. Its impossible to detect the manner in which you disconected so there is no way to distinguish between that and actually leaving, the point is if you do it intentionally it will be a very frequent, and if its just an ocasional internet outage it will happen much less, the system is designed to ban people that leaver at the average rate of "intentional leaving" not just an ocasional internet outage.

V3loc1ty

12-14-2010

Quote:
Nicholbert:
I too am concerned with the mechanics, but trust the issue is in capable hands to determine a few internet d/cs with habitual leavers. I have 2 leaves on my record due to my **** ISP (Mediacom) going out. I'd like to know more about the conditions of a leave as well - what about those who leave for 40 minutes, only to come back for 5 minutes, feed, and then GG? I will still report in these situations regardless, and hopefully it will help remedy those issues as well.

All in all - this is great. I really can't stand poor sportsmanship, especially in a game such as LoL. Great job Riot.

I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to be an ass, but it is a viable question. If they have a guard in place where it tracks trends, what about those who are stuck with terrible ISPs? I have a friend whose ISP will drop him out of a game nearly every day because it is so unreliable, and he has no other option. There is no use for trolling in a thread which will foster further questioning and analysis.

Get it?

Jesus Christ... and its people like this that we need the leaver-bans.
If your internet can't handle the game.. don't play.
If you have something to do in 30 minutes... Don't play
If there is anything hindering your internet from being able to stay connected for an hour... don't play

The reason we needed this is not only because of rage-quitters, but for the habitual disconnects.

The way this system works to allow for occasional disconnects is that you have to accrue like 3 points for a suspention, and the points go away after some time of not receiving a DC.

NO the system does not know, or care if the disconnect was internet, raging, or going to class. Leaving a game is leaving a game regardless of how much you are at fault. Once you click "Play" it is YOUR responsibility to be able to complete the game.

If you disconnect, rejoin. You don't receive a leave for rejoining.

This is an excellent idea by RIOT. If your internet is too ****ty to play, don't play. QQing later isn't a viable option.

Arnock

12-14-2010

Is there any possibility to give more details about dectecting the difference between an actual leaver and a disconnect?

I can imagine that, with this system, you'd see a lot less leavers and a lot more who simply /afk so they don't get autobanned.

For example, is it % based? Say... autoban if you leave more than 10% of games? Is it a flat number? Is it a certain number of leaves within a time frame?

How often do you lose these "leaver points"

Also, is there a possibility of reducing the minimum time to surrender when someone leaves or disconnects?

Skieski Infirin

12-14-2010

Quote:
Masterlynk:
Its simple, if you play you have time....DONT PLAY IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TIME...>.> i hate this kind of people.

It is not always that simple. Sometimes, completely unpredictable things pop out of nowhere and you have no other option but to leave. DonĀ“t be so close minded, its not all a one way street with this things.

That said, I do believe you should carefully consider what the odds are you will be interrupted before playing. Sometimes, however, even the best planning fails.

I am quite happy about this. Trying to maintain a positive Win/Lost rate is becoming increasingly difficult. The worst part of it is that rage leads to more rage. Recently had a 3vs3 in which after our Yi disconnected, Tryn soon followed and left me against the entire bloody enemy team.

Thanks Riot!

Spooky Pigeon

12-14-2010

High fives, all around.

xXxdEvilsxXx

12-14-2010

This is bull**** people getting there twats in a bunch cause they take the game way to seriously. Yeah I leave if my real life needs me. Deal with the leavers its just a game and if you dont think so you should really take a step back and look where your life is going.

xCommanderx

12-14-2010

Wait a minute. What kinda of suspensions are we talking here cause I'm a busy person and sometimes i have to leave during the day cause i get called into work? Are you telling me that after i have spent so much money on this game, that if i get called to work or to take care of my kids, or even a family emergency that i can never play this game anymore and that all the money that i have spent to support Riot games will be locked in? And it can give me a good Risk that someone can get a hold of my saved accounts with me credit cards on them? I'm not too sure that this is a good move by Riot games and I'm considering just not playing if the intentions is to lock players out. Especially after we have been so supportive of your game and spend money to help you grow.

Charmistic

12-14-2010

I like it, but what if u really need to go somehwre? or ur parents ask u to do something adn if u don't do it u get grounded, but anyways i like it(: