Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Q the Swift

12-14-2010

<3 Riot

:3

Nicholbert

12-14-2010

Quote:
Buisiness:
does this only apply to ranked games?

ill admit it. im a leaver. not a rage quitter. but this is a game and if my wife wants to spend time with me or asks me to do an errand or some other RL engagement comes up im going to Alt+F4 and go do that. i understand this is annoying but thats why i dont play ranked, i wouldnt want anyone to lose rating at the cost of me having to bail at a moments notice.

im sure im not the only who is like this.

You are most certainly not the only one. I am in the same position. I play normal for fun. Not for competition. Do I play competitively? Yep. But if real life spurs a moment where I have to get up, I will. Potty training a pup and a toddler doesn't take breaks.

BatchBustsMeta

12-14-2010

Excellent News... but Dota 2 is supposed to have what could be an even better method which is too fill in empty spots with a computer player.. if both things could be implemented LOL would rock even more. :-)

Cold Heat

12-14-2010

Its a step towards the right direction, but leavers are selfish and if they cant leave I feel they will just intentionally feed to get the game over with faster.

kaos x Tempest

12-14-2010

well when my game is lag i leave and come back in a min. u need to but it so when someone leaves at begining and dusent come back also there shud be like a 1 time limit a day for leaves cuz u might have to go to dinner i always have that problem

troj1234

12-14-2010

what about those of us who have older computers that tend to overheat and shut down randomly during a game? because it will happen often does that mean we may accidentally get banned?

kaos x Tempest

12-14-2010

Quote:
BatchOfDeath:
Excellent News... but Dota 2 is supposed to have what could be an even better method which is too fill in empty spots with a computer player.. if both things could be implemented LOL would rock even more. :-)

ya also u shuld put in the stats like gameplay for that person and there kills and deaths so the bot will not be the horrible player everyone can kill

Diabolyst

Recruiter

12-14-2010

Quote:
Nicholbert:
You are most certainly not the only one. I am in the same position. I play normal for fun. Not for competition. Do I play competitively? Yep. But if real life spurs a moment where I have to get up, I will. Potty training a pup and a toddler doesn't take breaks.

So why not just play practice games? It provides the same thing as normal or ranked by setting it up before you create the room. Normal is still considered as competitive play since it gives wins/loses. With practice you can still play to have fun and leave when real life things happen without receiving a ban or leave status.

Masterlynk

12-14-2010

Quote:
StuffgoesBoom:
I can understand the idea behind it, but sometimes I have to leave, not for a rage quit, but for non-technical issues. I love this game, and (most of the time :P) don't rage quit at all, but if I have to leave I don't want to get banned. Ah well, I'll do my best.

Its simple, if you play you have time....DONT PLAY IF YOU DONT HAVE THE TIME...>.> i hate this kind of people.

KoalaWala

12-14-2010

Quote:
Nicholbert:

learn how to handle ur **** time, at the end of the day
your still a leaver and people are depending on you to be there and u just leave.
this is a TEAM Game.

I love this update, now people with a 4-1 leave ratio will be banned and people will be forced to finish games.

i was getting sick of leavers in ranked/normal