LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheKidDeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

yes finally no more of those stupid people who quit and then RUIN YOU WIN STREAK

Asher Kendrell

12-14-2010

I can understand the idea behind it, but sometimes I have to leave, not for a rage quit, but for non-technical issues. I love this game, and (most of the time :P) don't rage quit at all, but if I have to leave I don't want to get banned. Ah well, I'll do my best.

Kurosaki00

12-14-2010

**** good !
I applaud this
I have over 1k games and I have like 30-40 leaves
60% due patch days
So because I had something to do, an personal issue or internet problems Ive had what? 10-15 leaves in 1k games?
I see people with 300 games and 50 leaves
Thats an absurd number

So this is a great implementation to LoL

CartoonHero92

12-14-2010

Sweet. Nice implement!

Chovy152

12-14-2010

awesome addition. what other aspects of the community are you looking into addressing?

Naeleen

12-14-2010

First of all, splendid job there, Riot!

However, I'd like to ask whether there is a chance this system to get "confused" or start malfunctioning. I'm sure no one innocent enough would like to try logging in someday, only to see their account suspended for no reason. So, is it -in plain wording- safe enough?

And if for whatsoever reason an account gets erroneously suspended, how long will one have to wait for your reply once customer support is contacted?

Draconic

12-14-2010

One of the good things that came out of this patch! GJ!

LuckyTofu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Coward View Post
couldn't leavers still get around this by unplugging their internet cord?
Do you not know how the internet works? If they unplug their internet during a game, they recieve a leave. The summoner profile is kept on their server, not on your internet, so you can't just "unplug your internet so they won't be able to ban you." Get it?

Nicholbert

12-14-2010

I too am concerned with the mechanics, but trust the issue is in capable hands to determine a few internet d/cs with habitual leavers. I have 2 leaves on my record due to my **** ISP (Mediacom) going out. I'd like to know more about the conditions of a leave as well - what about those who leave for 40 minutes, only to come back for 5 minutes, feed, and then GG? I will still report in these situations regardless, and hopefully it will help remedy those issues as well.

All in all - this is great. I really can't stand poor sportsmanship, especially in a game such as LoL. Great job Riot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyTofu View Post
Do you not know how the internet works? If they unplug their internet during a game, they recieve a leave. The summoner profile is kept on their server, not on your internet, so you can't just "unplug your internet so they won't be able to ban you." Get it?
I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to be an ass, but it is a viable question. If they have a guard in place where it tracks trends, what about those who are stuck with terrible ISPs? I have a friend whose ISP will drop him out of a game nearly every day because it is so unreliable, and he has no other option. There is no use for trolling in a thread which will foster further questioning and analysis.

Get it?

SHADOW NEJI

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Summoners!

Competitive environments, by their nature, tend to get people riled up. While part of that is simply the magic of competition, it carries with it the risk of running into a few sour grapes. Weíre acutely aware that not every competitive environment remains friendly, and it only takes one disgruntled player to ruin the game for nine other people.

With this in mind, allow me to introduce the latest renovation to our LeaverBuster technology: Automated Leaver Banning. This system will automatically detect those players who habitually leave games, issuing immediate suspensions to summoners who intentionally disrupt gameplay. These suspensions will be targeted towards those whose behavior is habitual and malicious, not those who experience occasional internet outages or technical issues that cause unintentional disconnects.

This new feature, released today, is the result of our development teamís continued dedication to providing you with the best possible player experience when you play League of Legends. And itís only the tip of the iceberg! This is just the first step in a series of methods that we have planned to help address the issue of poor player conduct in game. Excited? You should be!

Let us know what you think about these additions!
how about AFKs, feeders and dumbasses?