LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0MB0

12-14-2010

While this is a much-needed step in the right direction, I feel that it is only treating the symptoms of a greater issue: Matchmaking.

If you get the flu, you can take anti-cough medication, naseua reducing pills, and eat a bowl of warm soup (LeaverBuster system). While that all may help ease the pain of having such a sickness, it will not eliminate the virus itself.

Attacking the root of the problem, the virus (Matchmaking), is the only way to fully remedy the problem at hand. Abandoning the flu metaphor; I myself have around 1700 games played; yet still I am matched with sub-level 30 players, or baby 30's (those with significantly less wins/games played). Typically, their lack of experience (not necessarily skill, though skill does come with practice) is a major annoyance and leads to such things as dying to Golem at level 1, feeding horribly before even the 5 minute mark, not buying wards, etc etc.

While I understand that normal games are meant to be practice for ranked, that fact does not provide apt reasoning for ruining my gameplay. If I choose to play this game in my free time, which I frequently do, I would rather be matched with players of similar experience AS WELL AS calibur of play. I feel that by fixing your normal and/or ranked matching system you will indirectly reduce the number of leavers you see in ALL games.

Just my 2 cents, sorry for the wall of text.

TL;DR-> Fix your game before you punish ragers. I promise they will rage less.

Shinochino

12-14-2010

what happens if you get dc'd in a game? owo?

Goo5e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

I am sooo happy

Destructorz

12-14-2010

sounds good, but will it act on people who get disconnected often and then reconnect during the game?

V3loc1ty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedrakkar View Post
i am only lvl 13 with about 60 games... never left a game... never surrended or stopped trying
only had connection problems twice until now (my router restarted... took me 2 minutes to go back in) but no major problems... even won one of those games

i have seen alot of people with the red numbers on the side by their wins... i just wish i could see them before the game started

i hope this fixes me getting in games with those people

.- yesterday i got in my first 3v3... 1 on my team didnt play at all... i got a 7-2-0 kda... but we lost anyway for the lack of 1 guy...

i havent stopped getting my extra IP for not leaving games
You people who are terrible at English should realize that there is INDEED a spell check...

ChadwiK

12-14-2010

Even if you have to leave for "good" reasons, you have to admit, that you ruin the game for other people. It is a sign of the times: people need to value other people's time as well. And if you ruin a 45 minute game for 9 other people, that isn't fair. Good reason or not.

Yes, its a game. No, it's not life-or-death. But it's what we do to have a little fun. Leavers ruin a game for others. Lets think about it from the other nine's view, maybe?

Real life does happen. I have a wife and family. I play my game after the kids go to bed. But, life happens even then. I have 400 wins and ONE leave. My clothes washer sprung a leak and got water all over my floor during a game. I -needed- to go... You're kid is throwing up...you need to go.

I think most would agree that the majority of leavers do not leave for good reasons. It's ok to tighten up the belt a bit.

My 2 cents.

I just read a post about Matchmaking being the issue. I agree and disagree. People leaving isn't because they are mismatched, they do it because 1) they have a good excuse, or 2) they aren't making decisions that value other people's time. But, even if it IS mismatched, you can be a good loser! You are assuming losing isn't of value, and you can't have fun (i.e. rage quit) even if you get your rear-end handed to you. I disagree. Matchmaking isn't the issue, it's sore losers.

But if you have more than 10-20% of your games as leaves, well, maybe your'e life is too busy for LoL. Play a game you can save, but don't ruin it for everyone else.

hellcat5

12-14-2010

Here's a concern I have - those people who can't leave now without getting banned, who get angry at this and become feeders - what methods will guard against that? I'm very interested in getting these issues resolved. It's not fun when someone gets angry, decides to bash his team, feeds the other team gold, then leaves. Well, now you've got a tool implimented to stop the leaving, but it doesn't resolve the feeding. Any ideas on that?

darkmaster7

12-14-2010

just a question do you get banned forever and i only leave when i g2g

XxAc1dxicexX

12-14-2010

Nice now all I have to do is restart my router good job Riot, all your doing is causing a chain reaction.

Tommy9834

12-14-2010

I just have a question, but before anything, let me just say I support Riot in the 100% (assuming that they don't ban for 1 time offenses), but I just want to know, can Riot "legally ban" players who pay for Riot points? I mean I guess you can legally ban those who don't spend real money, but once you start paying for RP, your a paying customer, I'm sure a banned player can take legal action for discrimination, assuming he spent real money on this game. I'm no lawyer and I just want to know out of curiosity.