LeaverBuster Innovations: Automated Leaver Banning

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

o The Doctor o

12-19-2010

What if you are dissconnected but you reconnect and this happens multiple times, do the dissconnects still stack?

tDemoniot

12-19-2010

lol leavers are only temp banned, x3. also i still had many leavers in team o.oU and get raped i hope son of a *****es get a heavy ass ban

onionmon

12-19-2010

People leave games because player matchup is poor and time is wasted.

Players may try out new characters and they suck at it. The team sucks and then time is wasted. Why wouldn't someone leave?

A team may play and get completely shattered at the start. I understand "shattered" is relative. Why the hell wouldn't someone leave if there is no early surrenders?

Fix how matchup is established. Fix how veterans on one account can play new characters without sucking it for their team--playing against bots is worthless for learning. Create early surrenders.

onionmon

12-19-2010

This feature will just force people to alt-tab instead of F4.

HubbyMadeMePlay

12-19-2010

This feature is great.. unless... You encounter what we just did. We had two players who didn't want to leave. Three of us didn't want to surrender. They stood on our base and moved enough to not get the leave. Then proceeded to alert the other team to what the three of us were trying to accomplish.

Aaaaflasd

12-19-2010

Finally haha, I've been waiting for thiss

Aaaaflasd

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneZeroTen View Post
Someone mentioned this earlier, but a system that replaces a leaver with a new player would be very nice. You could simply allow them to have the average gold and experience gained by team mates up to that point in the game when they start. Also allowing players who are waiting in queue the option of joining a game already in progress. This way, even with a leaver you are spared the inevitable loss.
sorry for double post if I did, but this is actually a great idea. However, some of us might actually want to join a fresh game or something. I've had my experiences with the MW2 matchmaking system, making you join a game where the game is almost already over/ joining a game that has just ended. This seems to be quiet frustrating. I think that this will work but, have a system where it lets a user choose whether to have a chance if they want to join a game in progress.

There are however, those people that tend to take advantage of everything, and it could just have people join games in progress just for faster exp/ip. Everything has it's ups and downs, but this might actually be worth it.

Frel

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbyMadeMePlay View Post
This feature is great.. unless... You encounter what we just did. We had two players who didn't want to leave. Three of us didn't want to surrender. They stood on our base and moved enough to not get the leave. Then proceeded to alert the other team to what the three of us were trying to accomplish.
I that happen, 1 leaver so 2 others stood at base till they figured me and the other player weren't giving up, and fed the team while giving away our positions and spamming /surrender. The sad part being (since we were lower level) us 2 held off that fed team for over 50 mins to keep them in as punishment. I felt that could have been an easily winable game.

In chat at the end, the other team complimented us and everyone hated the 2 feeders, I can guarantee I wasn't the only one who reported them in.

I have been getting A LOT less leavers now, but increase in those people. I think Riot has done a good job and I hope to see the next things they have coming to improve the game.

Frel

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaaaflasd View Post
sorry for double post if I did, but this is actually a great idea. However, some of us might actually want to join a fresh game or something. I've had my experiences with the MW2 matchmaking system, making you join a game where the game is almost already over/ joining a game that has just ended. This seems to be quiet frustrating. I think that this will work but, have a system where it lets a user choose whether to have a chance if they want to join a game in progress.

There are however, those people that tend to take advantage of everything, and it could just have people join games in progress just for faster exp/ip. Everything has it's ups and downs, but this might actually be worth it.
I've had experience with those, I hated starting a game in the middle due to the fact that every once in a while I started the game, and it immediately finished. Not only that but here you need a bit of team strategy before hand, if the only tank was the leaver and you don't know that coming into the game, you might wish you could change. Also if it is a D/C and the person is trying to get back into the game, but it is full, they will get a leaver mark and not be able to reconnect.

sry for double

Destr0yerr

12-19-2010

****ing dumb i leave games all the time bc the **** gets boring