Allow the owners of old skins to have something special in game?

Yes. 24 72.73%
No. 9 27.27%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot, Please Reconsider The Vintage Rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awesometail

10-12-2013

Okay downvoters hear me out. I have a plan that could make Vintage skin owners and the new owners of our Limited Edition skins happy.

I believe that the RP refund is well warranted. We were falsely marketed to. So I feel like that is spot on Riot, good on you for that.Even if I do believe the value of these skins is more than what it was, due to Rarity. I do not want to moneygrab you, I do not want increased RP for them or even my cash back. Since equal RP is fair. We get free skins and have had years of use of them. Okay.

I believe that the Icon reward is a poor poor icon, it has no flair, no spice, and has no reason to be used over the other cooler icons(Like the ones people paid for) or cool ones like SantaBaron(My personal favorite). You could do better with the Icon. I haven't seen a new or old player comment about how excited they were about this joke of a plain icon. This could be improved. I have no idea how, I would leave that up to you. My personal opinion though is that it is dull, boring, and of no value.

Lastly, the loading screen "Vintage" look when using the skin. This is cool-ish. It is nice, and now will be our only real way to show that we had the skin from way back then. It isn't enough though. A large portion of the players are alt tabbed on the load screen. So they will miss it, we will miss it. It will be 60 seconds of our legacy staring nobody in the face. We used to have 20+ minutes of our time in the sun showing off our skin, feeling special because of the envy it inspires. (I realize this is a childish feeling, but it is what we paid for when the skins were "Never to be sold again") I do not feel like trading in game 20+ minutes worth of awe for 60 seconds of maybe someone seeing and even knowing what it is as a fair trade. So while I appreciate the loading screen icon, all of the above things I have said of our rewards brings me to the conclusion of my post.

I have a suggestion. The RP is good, the Icon is dull, the Vintage border just isn't good enough.

How about if we had the RP and the Icon or Border was stay or go. (Personally I wouldn't care if you torched both of them in favor of my suggestion).

MY SUGGESTION

How about if in game we have a particle change on the special skins. Something simple easy to do give us a buff. Like Baron/Blue/Red buff. Give us a floating pumpkin or a floating snow flake buff. Where it just floats around our character all game. That way each character doesn't have to be redone. You just have to implement an in-game buff applied to all people with the Vintage border. It would just be that bit of in-game flair we are missing.

TL;DR

RP = Good
Icon = Bad
Vintage Loading Screens = Mediocre at best
Suggestion = All vintage skins have a special buff applied in game.

I have tried my best to come to terms with the fact that Riot will be selling the skins again. I want you guys to have them, I just really want to hold onto that in game feeling of exclusivity we were promised back then. Please just give me the support so at the very least Riot can see this suggestion since it isn't a suggestion for the skins to be kept to ourselves.

Bloodlogic

The Council

10-12-2013

One of the better ideas I've seen. Kudos.

Awesometail

10-12-2013

To have a council member post in my thread tickles me. Thanks a lot man. I went through a lot of emotions over it to begin with, finally calmed down and wanted to think of some middle-ground.

Teemo is Life

10-12-2013

"we need a better way of showing off our e-peen"

Awesometail

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo is Life View Post
"we need a better way of showing off our e-peen"
We sort of paid for the ability to show off our epeens. At least that is how it was marketed to us. How it has been for the past 3yrs. If it upsets you that we would just like to have a bit of what was sold to us, sorry.

Teemo is Life

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesometail View Post
We sort of paid for the ability to show off our epeens. At least that is how it was marketed to us. How it has been for the past 3yrs. If it upsets you that we would just like to have a bit of what was sold to us, sorry.
#smuglife

MadeIine

10-12-2013

My most precious skin is Silent Night Sona, It would suck to see so many of them now but I do love this sale though, I've been wanting the other skins too though. I think the amount of RP refunded is based on the rarity of the skin, imo.

Awesometail

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Support View Post
My most precious skin is Silent Night Sona, It would suck to see so many of them now but I do love this sale though, I've been wanting the other skins too though. I think the amount of RP refunded is based on the rarity of the skin, imo.
The sale would be great if they weren't taking away that feeling. I'm suggesting that while you use the silent night Sona skin it would have a snowflake buff applied to your character. Sort of like having blue buff in game, except this buff would only be cosmetic and would only be for vintage skins. Wouldn't that allow you to keep a bit of your feeling of being special while using the skin but at the same time allowing everyone else to use the ordinary silent night Sona skin because of the sale. I feel like that should be a win/win for everyone. They get the skins and we get our exclusivity for being here when the game was first around and funding them.

Also the RP refund will be based on it's initial cost I believe. So you will be getting back what you paid(In RP). Not any less or any more. Even if you were rolling around with Toboggan Corki.

XDimentioX

10-12-2013

Really good idea man, that would be sweet.

Awesometail

10-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDimentioX View Post
Really good idea man, that would be sweet.
Thanks, just trying to find a compromise. Hoping Riot will heed our plea. Most of the Vintage skin posts get drowned and downvoted if not saying "I have Vintage skins and I am glad everyone gets them."