Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir Feedback/Bugs Thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buster

10-11-2013

Sivir has always had this thing with jarvan that made her shield useless
jarvan flags
i shield afterwards
jarvan drags, i still take damage and get knocked up, and the shield goes away

i just tested to see if you guys maybe changed this with the VU and unfortunately it still works like how i just described.

is there any plan to fix this, or is jarvan always gonna be sivirs jungle-lane counter?

Zyrä

10-11-2013

Quote:
Buster Slash:
Sivir has always had this thing with jarvan that made her shield useless
jarvan flags
i shield afterwards
jarvan drags, i still take damage and get knocked up, and the shield goes away

i just tested to see if you guys maybe changed this with the VU and unfortunately it still works like how i just described.

is there any plan to fix this, or is jarvan always gonna be sivirs jungle-lane counter?

to add to this, master yi's alpha strike ignores her shield entirely (deals damage, doesn't pop)

The Toad

10-11-2013

There's some weird audio bug with her W where I will hear it randomly in game (perhaps it's global? idk)

Because her mana costs have been lowered, Sivir can toss out more Boomerang Blades, which is great because it's the most satisfying ability on her kit (nuking someone down on the edge of the boomerang feels great!), except for maybe a clutch spellshield. Because of more Blades coming out, as well as more Ricochets, her passive is easier to keep up. Her spellshield now doesn't punish you for using it fish for spells. The removal of the cast time on her ult feels AMAZING, as well as the powerful movespeed bonus. It feels a little underwhelming, but I think that it will just take some getting used to. It allows Sivir to disengage and re-engage very cleanly in fights.

My only problem is with the R-W interactions. If activating her W gives her such great attack speed, then why does it work on turrets? If Sivir is trying to push down a turret, turning on Ricochet will most likely hit champions under their turret, which attracts turret aggro. This forces Sivir to back off and miss 3-4 auto-attacks on that turret, since she does have 500 range.

I'm also curious as to why the bonus damage on Ricochet was taken off. It does more damage in AoE but much less in single target damage.

The W just feels great for waveclear and AoE, but much worse for single-target shredding, and since the only level-up incentive is 1s cooldown, I feel like the only skill order would be R > Q > E > W

Zyrä

10-11-2013

Quote:
The Toad:
My only problem is with the R-W interactions. If activating her W gives her such great attack speed, then why does it work on turrets? If Sivir is trying to push down a turret, turning on Ricochet will most likely hit champions under their turret, which attracts turret aggro. This forces Sivir to back off and miss 3-4 auto-attacks on that turret, since she does have 500 range.

riot hates splitpushing is the only reason i can think of that they'd completely gut sivir's ability to do so.

Luninareph

10-11-2013

This VU is fantastic, IMO. I love it

Celtstro

Recruiter

10-11-2013

The Bandit skin needs more tweaking and fixing, I find that the slash art is amazing but the in game model is a whole different story. Also, in splash art her blade has 5 spikes, but in game there's only 4

Krshna

10-11-2013

Two things I've noticed from playing her today.

1) I know you probably hear this nonstop, but she still needs 525 attack range. Laned vs. a Jinx, and let me tell you, 500 range vs. 700 range just doesn't work. I can imagine that vs. Caitlyn, 500 vs. 650 range would be just as bad.

2) Her auto attack seems a little easy to cancel accidentally. Someone said earlier that the animation is "snappy" but I disagree. I think the windup is a little long, and I canceled a lot of auto attacks while using attack move to orbwalk, because the windup was so long.

Krshna

10-11-2013

I was just trying to think of what they could do for Sivir to make up for 500 range. Was thinking this, was thinking that.

But no. I realize that she must have 525. It just doesn't make sense for an ADC to have 500 range. Riot, fix this, whoever is being stubborn insisting that the 500 range has to stay, take them off the project if you have to. Do whatever it takes, whoever you have to convince.

Cause I guarantee you, even with all these changes, Sivir still won't see competitive, LCS, challenger levels of play.

If you give her 525 range though? She is fixed. Such a simple, small change, one I can't understand why Riot has been hesitating on for so long.

Argodis

10-11-2013

There is no sound for when Sivir's boomerang blade is on it's path back to you.

Tobeyeus

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Question: Why does her Chakram lose the blades when she dances? And why does the ring stay in her hand when she auto attacks? The projectile flies forward and hits her target but she is still holding a ring in her hand throughout the auto-attack animation. It looks strange.

Feedback: The Huntress and Bandit Sivir skins seem to be a little too yellow skinned. I understand you were looking to create a deeper more weathered and tanned skin but it came out very yellow in Bandit Sivir's face and Huntress Sivir's shoulders.

Feedback: I like the new lore, but I am also confused. What did Sivir and Cassiopeia find in the tomb? Was it the Chakram that Sivir uses to fight? Because when a player picks Sivir before reading the lore they will assume she has always had the weapon. The story doesn't say that she didn't have the weapon in her early years and then came upon it in the tomb and thus became a powerful battle maiden. In fact the story already implies she is a very powerful mercenary. I think it needs clarified what she found, especially if it is the Chakram which is her iconic weapon and identity.