Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wingsong

10-11-2013

Hello, while I don't have PBE to play, I do have this feedback on her Bandit skin.

Sivir was the first champion I bought to try and learn League with, since I was horrid at last hitting, and her kit made that easier. I picked up her Bandit skin on sale because I loved the deep color of the dress and the orange gems, selecting it over Spectacular and Warrior Princess or buying PAX off eBay.

But this isn't my skin, or what I hoped it would look like once her model was cleaned up. Her boomerang has 4 points now instead of 5. That was what I loved about it - it was so distinct from her base boomerang and had the 5 points, it just looked awesome. The shade of her dress is so blah now, there's no depth. Before it was a beautiful, rich burgundy, but now it looks like you put a layer of sepia coloring.

I'm honestly really let down by the Bandit rework, while the model looks ten times better than before, everything that made the skin special is gone. It's been washed out color-wise, and the magic of the 5-pointed boomerang is gone. I doubt there'll be much of a stir, since Sivir isn't popular and that makes Bandit even less popular, but for me, the skin isn't what I bought or what made me choose it over her other skins.

If the skin doesn't get the rich depth of color in the dress it had before, or at least the proper 5-pointed weapon back, I'm afraid I'll have to send in a ticket to support and ask to exchange my skin for Warrior Princess or Spectacular if possible. They look good in their updates, but Bandit doesn't have the same feel

Faunt

10-11-2013

I feel like I'm missing the arrows on the D-pad of PAX Sivir. It feels kind of bland without them.

Drago Zankaru

10-11-2013

way to ruin a champion i like....i feel like riot is trying to force ppl to take her w even though its been worthless for so long and now the only thing its really good for is to be either a jayce ripoff in a 1v1 or to clear minion waves....which you still have to q or the 3 bounces wont do enough damage to kill the minions anyway.....

they would have been better off removing her w cause it will never compare to how it once was and giving her something else seeing as they dont really care about her style or lore(new one she sounds like a gold digger more then a kick butt warrior for hire) the removing of the mana for her e only furthers the point that riot wants to make her a ranged ad caster although melee ad casters still dont have a really good build path and if she builds marksmen she is so easily out shined in all categories(without her aoe att spd buff he ult isnt really much for utility) aoe damage twitch 1v1 damage vayne utility ashe

sivir really has no place right now and these changes wont do anythign to that

xProR2D2x

10-11-2013

His ult feels underwhelming and weak by just working as a shurelias imo.
How about changing On the Hunt passive attack speed to 20/30/40% at all times instead of only during W, but Double its amount when it's active?

Neo Aragorn

10-11-2013

Well I just tried the CDR build and it was completely underwhelming in every way even against punching bags like bots.

What's with this mentality of "a champion is okay so long as it can fill a niche role"? WHY? Why would you do that? Half the reason the CDR build works on Ezreal is because he pokes from a lightyear away and has his trollaport escape.

Allocir

10-11-2013

Quote:
Statikk:

2) Removal of team-wide Attack Speed boost
From a design perspective, we decided that a 15-30% Attack Speed boost was one of the most unsatisfying ways we could deliver power through Sivir's kit. Although it did provide a somewhat strategic niche, we felt that the mobility part of her ult was always what was more closely associated with Sivir's identity, so we amped that up instead.

At the end of the day, we believe it provides more room to buff cool things about her kit. I do have a fear that she might be currently undertuned due to us having a couple of really good Sivir players internally that have done really well on a consistent basis. That's okay though guys, that's the reason for PBE, we can tune what we need to before she hits the Live servers.

3) Her ult is just a glorified Shurelia's
In a way, yes you can say that, but it's also important to take into context what she brings to the table relative to her competition. As far as I know, other marksmen don't have access to Shurelia's especially at level 6. Her ult may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think that's okay. It's more important that the entire package is something Sivir players can identify with and enjoy.

Just wanted to say that I absolutely disagree with your thought process on her ult. The teamwide attack speed was the satisfying, visceral part of the ult, not the movespeed. The ult was used to give unexpected power to your team in teamfights, or to push down a turret faster than the other team expected. A movespeed only ult is just a glorified Shurelya's. Your justification for that is extremely weak. Please completely rework her ultimate from this new, lackluster and unsatisfying incarnation to something else.

Having your ultimate do nothing but movespeed plus a passive bonus puts it at risk of having no value at all apart from the passive component, especially in a meta where most played champions have mobility/escape abilities. You pop a movespeed ult and there's a high chance it will accomplish absolutely nothing, either because your team has gap closers/escapes and would have caught up/escaped anyway, or the enemy team has them and movespeed won't get you over a wall or catch up in time.

TakaruRiaku

10-11-2013

I do love the amazing job that yall did on her VO. However her current dps feels very underwhelming. Even with full Cdr the passive on her ult feels weak, every 4 sec you get an attack speed boost that lasts only 3 attacks, while other champions have a much stronger steroid that lasts for a duration not a set about of attacks. I do like what has been done with her spell shield and think it is in a good spot now, but if the no mana cost is why power shifted away from her w and r i need some reason as to why.Yes it blocks a spell but when you have a 500 range 1 spell block every 6 seconds(with max cdr) in a team fight you can hardly feel the effectiveness. It does feel great in lane phase but other champs like ez,trist,cait,graves can simply dodge spells and even jump past walls for just a small amount of mana but still have longer range and better dps. I would like to see the bonus damage on 1st attacks on ricochet saying that with it gone she only has 1 true ad scaling skill that costs alot of mana. I know she can fan out damage with her w as well but the bounces only do 60% of the damage and cant crit. I just hope yall try and help out her impact on teamfights as a marksman.

Tobeyeus

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Quote:
Neo Aragorn:
The way her neck bends in the model prevents her from having a chin which is especially obvious on the models without a scarf like Spectacular Sivir - http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=15&skin=2 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lolking.net%2Fmodels%2F%3Fchampion%3D15%26amp%3Bskin%3D2)

Also I don't understand why her PAX skin won't be released, it was only available to locals who could make it to PAX events. For those who are in other countries that means we never got a chance to get it.

I agree her neck looks stretched too far, reminds me of the Madonna with the Long Neck.

Boba Slush

10-11-2013

everything looks good, but i think w got worse

Malah

10-11-2013

I am in love with her visuals.

Now if they would only fix the parts of her VO where she sounds like a chain smoker about to keel over coughing, I'd be in love with that as well. I find tying her AS steroid to Ricochet unnecessary, but it's not like Sivir is ever going to be a star pick with her current auto range regardless.