Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tilomentry

10-11-2013

Quote:
Statikk:
CDR Sivir is a super fun build that I would love to see as an effective alternative to the generic marksmen builds that we traditionally see.

Once again, there's still tons of tuning we can do here, so feel free to try her out and give feedback. Thanks guys and gals!

I feel like you guys just made a noob trap with that thought there.

It sounds more like you want to create a ranged "melee carry" that split-pushes all day rather than a "marksman." She has nothing that actually benefits her in team fight. Sivir lacks 'combat mobility', some form of dash/flash for rapid re-positioning to counter gap closers(think Ezreal); she lacks CC of any sort for kiting(Ashe); and she lacks raw power from steroids to just straight up murder people (Kog'maw).

Her current setup sounds pretty good if going for split-pushing but she is not a marksman and should not be advertised as such if this is the design you're going for

ScruffytheTurtle

10-11-2013

Okay, the visuals look fantastic for everything pertaining to her in-game model. The new lore is looking good, along with the reduced mana costs on her abilities. Though, my biggest complaint is something that has come with the previous reworks that the Riot team has worked on.

The splasharts (specifically the skins).

I know it takes time, I can understand that since I draw as well. But I don't want her to be relaunched on the live servers until the splash arts are done as well. I don't mean you should rush it of course! Riot, take the time you need to do a good job, we can wait, but please make sure to have a 100% rework that also features improved splash art. (Poor Nidalee and Trundle)

We're drawn to the splash art of the skins, first and foremost, aside from the in-game model we see after purchase/watching on youtube. So please hear my plea, Riot! The overall design haul looks fantastic so far! I just want the splash arts to do the same!

The Aviatrix

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Gorgeous job with the visual update

My only complaint is somewhat minor and relates to my favorite skin she has: bandit.
Her upgrade feels to have pushed the primary color of her outfit to a more brown rather than a purplish color. It's kind of a small issue, but I really liked the previous color.

Other than that, great job on all the skins
I look forward to seeing Spectacular Sivir in game without laughing about her weirdo proportions.

cocacolalips

10-11-2013

What about bringing back her Ricochet spell closer to what it used to be one year ago before her rework?

You know, the insane blades cluster thing that was scaling with her auto attack. That was so cool. I really liked it, that was Sivirs signature.

That spell feels so underwhelming now, so.. ordinary... and so does Sivir.

Rivini

10-11-2013

All I want to know is why her W can't be a toggle like it once was long ago.

If you ask me, her popularity dropped significantly when that was taken away, despite that her attack range was increased and her Q was changed to physical damage in the same patch.

Arguxx

10-11-2013

Give Bandit Sivir her 5-Blades Boomerang back,it was the best thing about this skin and what made me buy it, please add that again.

Ten Inch Rooster

Recruiter

10-11-2013

I really like the rework visually, especially Spectacular Sivir's weapon. Well done. My only grief is really with her ult. When I first read its description of the quick speed burst that rapidly decreases in just 3 seconds I was immediately reminded of Dragonball Z where Gohan stood against Napa. Essentially Gohan has this immediate burst of power and everyone is surprised by it but it passes just as quickly as it came and the enemy (Napa) just sort of shrugs it off and basically says "My turn!" and proceeds to attack at a greater power level.

Basically although there may be a startle value to the boost it wears away so quickly that the enemy can just ult and go to town on you. All of the other true ADC except Varus have a significant damage output spike with their ult. Hell even Quinn has insane speed, AS and an AoE execute with her ult. Sivir gets 3 secs of substandard speed comparatively and only a 80% buff for 3 AAs?

I love Sivir and my recommendation is a bit outside of the box on this but why not make a mini-game of sorts like Draven based around her E? Make it so that besides mana, Sivir gets a 20% AS buff every time she successfully absorbs something. Have it last 30 seconds and let it stack 4 times. Then put in her ult that she goes to maximum stacks for full duration on activation of ult (plus the 3 sec team speed boost). Also, make it so that a successful absorb cuts the recast timer in half.

xProR2D2x

10-11-2013

I agree she need buffs, But why remove the mana on the spell shield? There is the reward but there is no risk.

StanielK

10-11-2013

Gameplay:
So the only thing I have to say gameplay wise is that the ulti sounds kinda meh. Doesn't feel very ultimate worthy, and is really odd on a marksman. It feels more like a support ulti.

Anims:
Dance is awesome, really fluid and well done. I also like how the boomerang folds up, not just for the dance but other stuff too, really cool looking. Taunt is nice and sharp. Auto's(and crit strike) are great, looks like she's chucking a boomerang, lots or force behind it. The Q anim for the catch looks too much like Obi Wan doing the Jedi Mind Trick, and not enough "I am catching a whirling blade of death that will slice my face if I mess up"(not that Sivir would ever miss, but still). Basically, the catch anim looks too slow for me. The channel is awesome, really like the pose she strikes for it. Death anim is highly exaggerated, and that's alright, makes it pretty fun to look at. Overall, anims are really nice and satisfying. However, the recall is the most disappointing anim for me. It's boring, she stand there for half of it and looks stiff. I'd really like a better recall anim.

Model:
The overall direction is great, she's clearly from the desert, likes opulence, and is a bad ass. I love the boomerang, shoulder pad/gauntlet, and clothing. I question the scarf though. Does it do anything that an ornate necklace wouldn't do better? It sells the desert theme sure, but other than that feels out of place. Perhaps if it was patterned and looked like expensive silk or something it would fit better. Also, her hair should be darker.

Skins:
Warrior Princess is the best, and is amazing. Jesus H. Christ that skin is awesome. Love the circular boomerang with designs, hair, skirt, and purple color scheme. Only negatives are that the boomerang looks wavy during her death and recall.
Spectacular is pretty much the same feedback wise, looks awesome, great colors, she looks sexy, good work.
Huntress is also awesome, but during the taunt the boomerang needs to spin faster.
Bandit: Bugs me that her shoulder blades hit her face during the dance. The skin sells the winter fantasy just fine, but doesn't have a whole lot of wow to it, and is a bit of a misnomer. Not what I think of when I hear the name Bandit Sivir.
Pax Sivir: *drools on keyboard and curses the gods for not being at PAX that year*
However, I get that it's supposed to look like a d-pad so it'd be tricky to change, but it looks like she is grabbing the edge of a very sharp blade. Her poor hands. Any way to put a small handle onto the edge there?

Sound:
The Q sounds nice and mystic, and I could listen to the schwing on the W for days.

Lore/writing:
Her in game stuff is great. Sells the concept well. The lore started well, but the end is so frustrating. Cliffhangers are fine, but in a champions base lore? C'mon. I gotta believe that there are better ways of setting up Shurima stories than leaving a giant cliffhanger in her lore. This is how it reads: "Sivir and Cassiopeia opened the door AND THEN."
See how weird that period looks right there? It's abrupt. Really, really abrupt. TV shows do cliffhangers all the time, but you know that there will be an episode next week to either address the current cliffhanger, or set up a new one(lookin' at you LOST). With the current state of lore within league, there isn't a firm timetable for when we'll get the next bit of lore concerning Sivir/Cassiopeia, which makes it that much more frustrating. Same thing with the Freljord event, y'all keep saying there's more to come from it, but when the hell do we get to actually see it?

mikitexas

10-11-2013

sivir's attack animation could be better, it's kinda dificult to last hit with her, also W could deal bonus damage to initial target , cause right now all that u get at lvling the skill it's just less cdr on the skill.