Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samflash3

10-11-2013

Here's something i'd like to add. Either give Sivir some defenses, or push her more to the role of a top AD caster. Sivir gets poked like crazy and it doesn't help that her mana cost in Q is still high. What exactly is her shining point? Early game - gets poked, Mid game - No farm from early game means less damage, Late game - Oh, have fun heading to a teamfight when the enemy Talon, Zed/ Khazix, Rengar/ Zac/ Xin charges straight for you because your 500 AA range is perfect for them to land their gap closer on you.

I get it. Sivir is probably not getting her range increased just as Twisted Fate (even though I've been asking for a + 5 increase when TF puts a point his his E). So, let Sivir rely on her boomerang Q and bursts from W and some AA to be effective. Its simple, counterable and hella fun. But asking Sivir to stand at 500 range to AA without any decent escape/ gap closer / Tankyness is suicide. Sure she has a speedboost from her passive and ult which is good in catching enemies to kill but what is the point of staying at that range if you offer little. Her passive is a weak escape counterable by Ashe and slows which are easier to get.

Wave clearing is not as valued as Season 1 when there were lack of decent AoE champions as well weak escapes/ low gap closers and no Statikk Shiv/ Runaan's hurricane. Right now, Sivir doesn't really offer much that would make her more than just a 1 time shield blocker. Speedboost can be gotten from Shurelia's. I could get BV or Morgana support if i really needed a CC shield.

Seriously, I have it easier playing Karma ADC since at least Karma has it a bit easier with her array of slows and shield and snares and glorified speedboost ult that can be gotten back with Autoattacks.

Ergheis

10-11-2013

Long time Sivir player here!

Second thoughts:

Her attack animation at high attack speeds needs a backhand throw animation. As it currently stands, every autoattack she does is a full on, Ichiro Suzuki wide throw, and then a move back to throw another. This looks smooth and nice, but at high attack speeds it's REALLY strange. While running it's not a problem. but when standing, she goes HNNNGH HNNNGH HNNNNGH at high attack speeds and it looks really silly, which I'm not sure you're going for.

It's especially prominent with her W active, though. It really feels like she could be more graceful with the throws during the three, instead of HIYAA HIYAA HIYAA

Neo Aragorn

10-11-2013

Statikk you seem to be dead set on making her different; more complicated whenever possible and with that low range. Your idea of what's fun doesn't stick with everyone, that crazy blue build Ezreal focusing on CDR is not everyone's cup of tea and I don't know how many people want to see Sivir go the same route.

The biggest issue with the low range is out of laning phase when there are so many gap closing champs that can instantly blow her up. The reason why Caitlyn is the most popular ADC, despite being far from the strongest late game carry, is specifically due to the fact that she's harder to catch in a team fight.

Sivir would have to have something to make up for that deficit, as she stands in the PBE she's subpar in every way.

The Toad

10-11-2013

Copy+Pasted from my post in "Sivir Feedback/Bugs Thread" =)

Quote:
There's some weird audio bug with her W where I will hear it randomly in game (perhaps it's global? idk)

Because her mana costs have been lowered, Sivir can toss out more Boomerang Blades, which is great because it's the most satisfying ability on her kit (nuking someone down on the edge of the boomerang feels great!), except for maybe a clutch spellshield. Because of more Blades coming out, as well as more Ricochets, her passive is easier to keep up. Her spellshield now doesn't punish you for using it fish for spells. The removal of the cast time on her ult feels AMAZING, as well as the powerful movespeed bonus. It feels a little underwhelming, but I think that it will just take some getting used to. It allows Sivir to disengage and re-engage very cleanly in fights.

My only problem is with the R-W interactions. If activating her W gives her such great attack speed, then why does it work on turrets? If Sivir is trying to push down a turret, turning on Ricochet will most likely hit champions under their turret, which attracts turret aggro. This forces Sivir to back off and miss 3-4 auto-attacks on that turret, since she does have 500 range.

I'm also curious as to why the bonus damage on Ricochet was taken off. It does more damage in AoE but much less in single target damage.

The W just feels great for waveclear and AoE, but much worse for single-target shredding, and since the only level-up incentive is 1s cooldown, I feel like the only skill order would be R > Q > E > W

exec3

10-11-2013

I can't really comment on the AA range thing, I don't play her anymore from how weak she is so don't have any recent experience with her but my main counterpoint to 500 range being fine is that her range is low because she was suppose to have unmatched ADC AOE damage which hasn't been the case since Ricochet was originally remade. Not saying she needs a range increase (again I can't remember how I felt about the low AA range) just giving my 2c on why she originally had that low AA range.

Your points are fair Statikk. Given everything you've said the main thing I would like to see is an increase in W damage, maybe jump to a 1.1/0.7 ratio instead of 1.0/0.6. 0.6 just sounds too low for the bounces and 1.0 would just be unsatisfying having an AA modifier that doesn't actually improve damage to the primary target. Also you mentioned it bounces to more targets now, how many targets does it bounce to?

Also was there any thoughts put into Q for late game? It's a monster of a spell in lane but drops off so heavily late game.

Sjafi

10-11-2013

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it, but putting additional points in her ult doesn't feel very rewarding. Ten seconds off the CD timer and 20% attack speed passive increase. Nothing happens to her active. It doesn't feel very...ultimate-like to simply give her a berserker greaves minus the movement speed at 11 and 16.

Animato

10-11-2013

boomerang goes straight into her chest on her huntress skin :/

Celtstro

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Quote:
MrSoullessness:
Can Bandit Sivir have her fifth prong/blade back on her weapon? I feel like that is what made that skin unique compared to the other Sivir skins, when it came down to her weapons.

Definitely please fix that

Renegen

10-11-2013

This is Olaf all over again.

"We buffed E but in exchange, we're going to nerf W, R and her attack speed per level". Seriously, I'm not going to play her if she's so lackluster.

Celtstro

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Can you please tweak the bandit skin more? It honestly looks like she's wearing an XL boots and armor, and also make he recall animations a little more unique...she just swings her weapon in the air and then poses.