Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exec3

10-11-2013

Quote:
Stez007:
The lore is garbage. Trash. **** on a stick.

Why the hell does ANY champion need a "future?" The League *is* their future. Stop trying to make the League as meaningless as possible.

Honestly, its yet another champion with no mention of the LEague at all in her bio. Why dont you just get rid of the entire League concept and say **** it. There is no League of Legends anymore, just "hey, these guys are all cool so they should fight!"

You had an awesome concept a long time ago. It was a gladiatorial arena, filled with willing and unwilling participants fighting for glory, money and national pride. It was a settlement between warring cities, to stop the fighting without losing the competition. There were rules, there was logic, there was some semblance of continuity in that each champion had a reason for being there, whether they entered of their own accord or were summoned against their will.

Somewhere along the line that went out the window, and now you're removing the last remnants of that great idea. Stop taking the league out of League and get your **** together.

Or just scrap the League, the Institute and the entire concpet because it CLEARLY does not matter to you.

Because the League made no logical sense and severely restricted the stories Riot could tell in this world. "Sup, we're some secretish super power that's more powerful than the other super powers (Demacia, Noxus) and can dictate how entire wars go with a single match of little consequence." The League was a lore explanation for the games we players play, it was a cute explanation at the time when Riot and the game was still young but as Riot went serious mode with their IP they realized just how much the League was holding them back and fundamentally how little sense it makes and how illogical it was as a concept. It was a very good day the day it became clear they were moving away from the League for me, it was the rigth decision and long overdue. Though I am curious as to what exactly has happened to the League because it doesn't seem to have been retconned.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

10-11-2013

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
Why is the AS boost for Ricochet tied to her ultimate?

This decision was made for several reasons - balance, power curve, and use case incentives. As a note, the AS boost was originally on Ricochet itself. I will admit it's a bit awkward that it exists on her R, but if you think of it more like artificial bonus Attack Speed per level, it starts to make sense.

We wanted to retain some kind of offensive incentive on her ultimate without forcing Sivir players to make un-optimal decisions about how they wanted to use the mobility part of it. So we ended up separating them into a passive and active.

This also helps us curve out her power better to reflect that of a carry. She still gains a lot of power once she hits the end game at level 16+ instead of power spiking crazily at mid-game level 9 or 13. This allows us to put a lot of power in the Attack Speed bonus while not making her OP.

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
Why does her Q still have an insanely high mana cost?

I wouldn't agree that it is insanely high, but it's certainly a significant amount. Her Q needs to have a significant cost if it is to remain a potential high burst-damage poke spell as well as a powerful wave clear tool.

We have reduced the Mana cost pressure across the kit by removing the costs off of Spell Shield and On The Hunt. So that should help in this department.

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
Have you thought about lowering how fast the damage is reduced on her Q down to like 10% per target instead of 20%?

We actually tested several different iterations of the spell. We ended up sticking with the Live iteration since with the new Ricochet, Sivir really doesn't have issues clearing creeps, and we want to make sure hitting clean-cut Boomerang Blades can remain difficult to execute but still meaningful and satisfying when it happens.

Quote:
CynicalGiant:
Also, I am still not seeing why she needs to be 500 range. She doesn't have anything like Quinn or Graves do to make up for her decreased range.

Sivir has access to several tools that other marksmen don't. Top-of-the-line wave clearing, a Spell Shield, and team-wide mobility utility. We chose to emphasize those strengths rather than homogenizing and making her more similar to other marksmen.

Shinrasaa

10-11-2013

Quote:
exec3:
Hopefully we get more info on the gameplay changes soon because on the PBE sweeps her W and E look like they're getting nerfed (at least on paper, W will still do no damage though the AS at level6 and the 3 shots will be ok I guess, at least direction wise. and her shield giving so little mana at early levels begs the question of why even give mana at all unless her mana costs are going to be lowered). :S

/edit

Wait Sivir isn't losing the AS active for herself and allies in her ulti is she? Another nerf? :S Please give context! D: I just can't imagine her ulti being just a Shurelya's. :S

I just checked it and she no longer has the AS active for herself and her allies :s She just has the passive 40% attack speed when richochet is active and her active ult gives 60% move speed decaying down. I don't know how I feel about this...one of the things I loved about Sivir was her ult...

Argodis

10-11-2013

Quote:
Statikk:
Sivir has access to several tools that other marksmen don't. Top-of-the-line wave clearing, a Spell Shield, and team-wide mobility utility. We chose to emphasize those strengths rather than homogenizing and making her more similar to other marksmen.

I'm glad you guys decided on this. People really underestimate Sivir's utility.

Neo Aragorn

10-11-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Hope you guys enjoy her as much as we enjoyed bringing her some new life

Let us know what you think!

The way her neck bends in the model prevents her from having a chin which is especially obvious on the models without a scarf like Spectacular Sivir - http://www.lolking.net/models/?champion=15&skin=2

Also I don't understand why her PAX skin won't be released, it was only available to locals who could make it to PAX events. For those who are in other countries that means we never got a chance to get it.

BrilliantRebirth

10-11-2013

A few things I noticed.

Her base attack speed got reduced to garbage tier. Her attack speed per level is also atrociously low. She didn't feel particularly strong when I played her, even with 6 items (IE + PD + LW + BT + BotRK + Berserker's) and against bots. The range issue is pretty apparent with 500 (I had a hard time chasing even with the passive). The ult definitely helps in chasing/running, but it shouldn't be relied on.

New Ricochet is fine, but feels a bit weaker than the old one due to having no bonus damage to the initial hit.

New Spell Shield is pretty good and got rid of the problems of it costing mana. As for the ult, I don't like tying the Attack Speed to Ricochet only. The adjusted movespeed isn't too bad, but might be a bit too strong.

This could be due to the fact that masteries are bugged, but I definitely felt a lot weaker compared to other ranged ADs.

Revanche

10-11-2013

Sivir's new ult, even though it's actually pretty strong, just feels kind of underwhelming since it only gives movement speed on activation. It doesn't give as much of a feeling of excitement.

Buster

10-11-2013

Sivir has always had this thing with jarvan that made her shield useless
jarvan flags
i shield afterwards
jarvan drags, i still take damage and get knocked up, and the shield goes away

i just tested to see if you guys maybe changed this with the VU and unfortunately it still works like how i just described.

is there any plan to fix this, or is jarvan always gonna be sivirs jungle-lane counter?

NVDax

10-11-2013

Quote:
Statikk:
This decision was made for several reasons - balance, power curve, and use case incentives. As a note, the AS boost was originally on Ricochet itself. I will admit it's a bit awkward that it exists on her R, but if you think of it more like artificial bonus Attack Speed per level, it starts to make sense.

We wanted to retain some kind of offensive incentive on her ultimate without forcing Sivir players to make un-optimal decisions about how they wanted to use the mobility part of it. So we ended up separating them into a passive and active.

This also helps us curve out her power better to reflect that of a carry. She still gains a lot of power once she hits the end game at level 16+ instead of power spiking crazily at mid-game level 9 or 13. This allows us to put a lot of power in the Attack Speed bonus while not making her OP.

I wouldn't agree that it is insanely high, but it's certainly a significant amount. Her Q needs to have a significant cost if it is to remain a potential high burst-damage poke spell as well as a powerful wave clear tool.

We have reduced the Mana cost pressure across the kit by removing the costs off of Spell Shield and On The Hunt. So that should help in this department.

We actually tested several different iterations of the spell. We ended up sticking with the Live iteration since with the new Ricochet, Sivir really doesn't have issues clearing creeps, and we want to make sure hitting clean-cut Boomerang Blades can remain difficult to execute but still meaningful and satisfying when it happens.

Please, for the love of all holy and unmighty remove the cast time on her ultimate... PLEASE

Crys3s

10-11-2013

Quote:
IronStylus:
Hope you guys enjoy her as much as we enjoyed bringing her some new life

Let us know what you think!

I just want to say, great job on this VU. This is a real improvement and I expect to be playing Sivir a little more often.

Thank you for all the hard work your team and you have been doing these past couple patches - it really improves the quality, appeal, and robustness of your team's work and program.

There was only one observation I had - I was wondering why her Glaive shrinks in size when she auto attacks. Thank you!