Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2fast2sivir

10-24-2013

Quote:
Raithofhel:
Helooooo red? Thoughts, updates, different opinions, whatever... I feel like you are just bitter that Sivir players aren't impressed by your relaunch at all. Can you really say that you feel like, in XX circumstance, Sivir is the best ADC pick? Because I really can't imagine a single situation in which this version of Sivir is ideal. But unless that's wrong on my part, wtf does this "niche pick" stuff even mean?

103percent

10-24-2013

bump

2fast2sivir

10-24-2013

2fast2sivir

10-24-2013

2 weeks ....

SlVIR

10-24-2013

Khristophoros

The Council

10-24-2013

Quote:
Statikk:
No, I'm not completely happy with the Q damage curve. It feels like it can be very overwhelming to play against early on if you get clean cut due to its crazy high potential early damage. I would agree it feels like it falls off harshly as do many of the old-school ADC spells.

Off the top of my head, I wouldn't mind shifting some early power into late if possible, but haven't thought through the entire thing. The current tuning allows her to have threat early game to offset her Range weakeness. It certainly forces both parties of the lane to think about the laning phase in a completely different way when Sivir is in the game, which I think at the end of the day is a good thing. At the same time, I'm not sure we would like a world where Sivir Q's are chunking people late game like they were full-distance Nidalee spears (obviously there are degrees between now and this).

For me, it could go either way, but for now, it feels like there's so much changing on the kit that it's best to leave this alone until the rest of her kit gets settled.

I feel like skills like this should have built in % armor pen to make them more about their gameplay later in the game rather than an arms race of stats like damage usually is.

103percent

10-25-2013

Quote:
Khristophoros:
I feel like skills like this should have built in % armor pen to make them more about their gameplay later in the game rather than an arms race of stats like damage usually is.

His quote makes no sense for a couple of reasons though:

He doesn't like the potential "damage" it can do at level one cause of how easily it could slide the lane in sivir's favor. But then we have blitzcrank with his hook, ashe with her lvl 1 crits, thresh with his hook, zyra with her roots, etc. It's part of the game to know your opponent and how to avoid their skills and not get demolished at level 1. Her Q is so easy to avoid, it's insulting he tries and argues that "in it's best case scenario, when you catch an enemy opponent out with it, it can be a little overwhelming" when we have other champs like blitz in the game.

Plus her mana costs are so high, it's not like the sivir player can spam her Q all day looking for these magic early game "clean-cut" Qs on the enemy adc. She gets to try once or twice and then she's oom for the next 5 minutes waiting for it to regen.

Benyau

10-25-2013

Her w get nerfed, i think that is not good because the damage is now the same as her attack damage,it has no difference with her auto attack,why do I need to waste mana on doing other "auto attack"???? Also,her ultimate now just increase her mobility,Riot,how can you call this a ultimate????? Why don't I bring "Ghost"? I think her visual rework and sound effect are great but on the other hand her ability rework was a tragic to her.....Plz fix this......