Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sivir relaunch heads to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

10-11-2013

Quote:
Viro Melchior:
Do you play or watch higher tier ranked?
You need good range, or mobility mechanics. Without either, you have to move too close to last-hit, and you *will* get out-harassed, hard.
Sure, Sivir can last-hit using BB, but that kills her mana fast. And if you try to use ricochet, you end up over-pushing the wave.

In lower tier play, the range is fine, but when you get up to gold (and even worse as you get up near challenger), the range limitation and lack of mobility completely kill her early game.

Yep, Sivir is not viable in high elo at all. (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/23453668)
Quote:
Stez007:
The lore is garbage. Trash. **** on a stick.

Welcome to League of Legends.

Stez007

10-11-2013

Quote:
Henry Plainview:

Welcome to League of Legends.

Once upon a time, the League was an actual in-world thing, with champions that actually participated in it for a reason.

I miss that. I really, really miss that.

Zerglinator

10-11-2013

Quote:
Stez007:
Once upon a time, the League was an actual in-world thing, with champions that actually participated in it for a reason.

I miss that. I really, really miss that.

I don't!

Zyrä

10-11-2013

Quote:
ToneMapode:
@Riot Pwyff
Quick Question: Did she get any range buff? I don't care how good the new Sivir is, without a ranged buff, she will still be a dead champ.

she did not get a range buff. something tells me riot will never buff her range, despite that being the entire reason she's not played ever.

Quote:
Henry Plainview:
She really doesn't need one.

you're an idiot.

Argodis

10-11-2013

Her Q sound is currently bugged and can be heard anywhere on the map.

Also, it sounds weird that her (Q)boomerang only plays sound when you throw it but no sound during it's return animation. When her boomerang reaches it's max range, the sound abruptly turns off.

I like that you guys are pushing Sivir more towards the way she was primary played pre-reworked. Sivir is a split-pushing and team fighting champ. Not every AD carried needs to be a duelist. I also like that her new Riochet is a compromise between her old Riochet and her current Riochet. It's not too automated but still captures that old feeling that Sivir use to have of mowing down minions and feeling powerful.

I still have nightmares about old teleport split-pushing Sivir. lol

Not a big fan of Sivir's new VO, but then again, I didn't like the old VO much either. Her new VO just sounds like a female Twisted Fate to me. I'm not sure if that's the theme you guys were going for. Oh well, her in-battle/skill sounds are great.

Edit: I'm really glad that I purchased Warrior Princess Sivir now. However, as someone stated below, Bandit Sivir's weapon isn't nearly as intimidating anymore.

exec3

10-11-2013

Hopefully we get more info on the gameplay changes soon because on the PBE sweeps her W and E look like they're getting nerfed (at least on paper, W will still do no damage though the AS at level6 and the 3 shots will be ok I guess, at least direction wise. and her shield giving so little mana at early levels begs the question of why even give mana at all unless her mana costs are going to be lowered). :S

/edit

Wait Sivir isn't losing the AS active for herself and allies in her ulti is she? Another nerf? :S Please give context! D: I just can't imagine her ulti being just a Shurelya's. :S

Shinrasaa

10-11-2013

The new Sivir looks amazing, especially Huntress really looks good now! I also like her longer hair. Her Q does sound a little weird at the moment. As someone has said before, maybe give Wonderwoman Sivir's weapon a little red.

Also, I feel the only buff Sivir needs is a minor range increase. I'm not saying give her Caitlyn's range, but she would be amazing with just a little bit more.

AIexei Stukov

Recruiter

10-11-2013

Bandit Sivir's new weapon does not look very threatening in comparison to her old one, There should be more blades(at least six) and more sharp parts.

Light deus

10-11-2013

will spectacular sivir every be put out in stores again :3? i heard it was a retired skin.

Acex Summoner

10-11-2013

Spectacular sivir looks sivirly overpowered.