Alistar Build(s)?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krusiv

12-14-2010

Now that Innervating Locket has been removed... what do? My normal build with him was the locket+visage then other tanky items + boots.

redorkulator

12-14-2010

Yeah Locket was solid IMO, just think how the Sona feels.

I used to and still do occasionally run Aegis, but you will probably run into mana issues, if you doing well Sheen does ok to help with that. If not then Glacial is pretty cool, and I've heard good things about Suhreliyas Rev. though not much personal success.

Wisewind

12-14-2010

I would go with Shurelia's Reverie as the replacement or go with the standard chalice

TatsuyaSuou

12-14-2010

My proposed build for Alistar involves drawing a big red circle around his portrait and putting a line through it, now that locket is gone.

The increased cooldown on Flash makes him even more viable now, right?

Krusiv

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuyaSuou View Post
My proposed build for Alistar involves drawing a big red circle around his portrait and putting a line through it, now that locket is gone.

The increased cooldown on Flash makes him even more viable now, right?
Yeah, I thought of this too... I'm just trying to find ideas that will keep the old bull going. Alistar has become my favorite tank lately and I don't want to let him go. =/

Wisewind

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakigahara View Post
Yeah, I thought of this too... I'm just trying to find ideas that will keep the old bull going. Alistar has become my favorite tank lately and I don't want to let him go. =/
As long as you enjoy playing him that's all that really matters

Mezmrick

12-14-2010

What Ali really needs in CD. What makes him shine.

Sheen, Mercury Treads, Spirit Visage, Glacial Shroud make a great core. With a bit in masteries you're just shy of 40%. You get great burst, mana, MR & Ar. From there its whatever you need.

Tear of the Goddess is great and can be upgraded to Archangel Staff. Finish TF of FH. Get a BV or even a GA.

I love Alistar, been playing him since game lunched. Sad to see all the nerfs come his way.

Sumutherguy

12-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakigahara View Post
Now that Innervating Locket has been removed... what do? My normal build with him was the locket+visage then other tanky items + boots.
Sheen > TF

less early survivability, massive early damage bonus.

Addison16

12-14-2010

I picked alistar back up a few weeks ago and have tried out some builds on him. The three main problems I run into with him are speed, cdr, and mana. If I can cover these then my ult will help me handle getting in/out of fights. His mana I cover first during early game. He has a base speed of 300, so I might throw in some speed items to help position abilities and be more of a stunner and anti-carry. About half of these items have some cdr, so I get only two of the cdr items in each build. I usually start with:

Sapphire Crystal and two pots,
upgrade to catalyst,
shoe,
upgrade to RoA.

That allows me to have enough mana and health during early game so that I can farm and harass. Also I'll have a nice mana base for later on and the extra ap adds a lot to my burst damage and heal. I then get either:

Support
- reverie - for easier positioning, mana/health regain, and cdr.
- banshee's veil - prevents being stunned so you can chase/defend better.

Tank
- glacial shroud - cheap 20% cdr plus mana and armor
- omen - better active than shroud, but no mana. I get one or the other, not both.
- abyssal scepter - to make you and your mages deal more damage.
- for ad teams - thornmail - works great with your ult.
- for ap teams - FoN - speed, hp regain, and heavy magic resist

Extra attack damage (I don't use these often, but they are worth pointing out)
- starks - mostly for teammates, but helps take down towers and the lifesteal is esp helpful during your ult.
- ghostblade - awesome to chase with. 20% move speed for up to 8 sec and your cooldowns take about the same (with cdr).

Hedgemonster

12-15-2010

With a damage heavy team (as most pub teams tend to be) I emphasize survivability then CDR; this allows you to play the role of a support utility tank best, which fits alistar well. this means feeding squishies to your laning partner/team with pulverize->headbutt; it doesn't mean doing much damage.

My build goes:
chalice of harmony
merc treads
randuin's omen
banshee's veil
thornmail/FoN if game is still going

with the patch I think I'll switch it to:
chalice of harmony
ninja tabi (merc treads if really needed)
spirit visage
randuin's
banshee's veil/thornmail/FoN, depending on what's most needed