Morello: "Guys, we're running really short on content this year."

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitsonkittens

10-11-2013

Attachment 798431 With only 7 champions released, and skins coming further apart than ever, we haven't satisfied the playerbase. Not only that, but with so much of our money going into e-sports and less on skins and champions, we're not making nearly as much revenue as we could."

Attachment 798432 Hmm. What's a way that we can make a bunch of extra money, but without producing any actual new content?

Attachment 798432 I've got it! Since we can't produce any actual new and creative content to generate revenue, why don't we bring back all those limited edition skins? That way we'll have pseudo-new content, and a ton of free cash!

Attachment 798701 B-b-b-but... we promised those would never come back. The skins aren't even particularly good, they're only used to show off that you're a veteran player and have played the game for a long time. I think that we should keep our promise to our playerbase and let them keep their limited edition skins. After all, that's what makes them special.

Attachment 798432 No, man. We need money and we need it fast. Let's just bring them back and sell them at full price. People will buy a ton and we won't have to do any actual work.

Attachment 798431 Don't we have to compensate the people who spent money on these skins when we promised they would be limited?

Attachment 798432 Yeah, you're right. Let's give them back their RP, give them a watermark on their splash art, and I'll go get my 3 yr old nephew to create a summoner icon for them, regardless of which or how many LE skins they own. After all, they'll probably just use the RP they're getting back to buy one of the skins they shouldn't have access to anyway.

Attachment 798431 We may just be able to pull this off. I'll make it look like we're doing this to satisfy the 2 e-mails we get every day from donger players asking for Snowmerdinger.

Greenwheel

10-11-2013

brilliant. about sums it up.

Hunter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2013

Beautiful

Marcelo Camelo

10-11-2013

stop whining ffs

upvoted though

That line about heimerdonger

Brent Rambo II

EUW Player 101

10-11-2013

This is glorious.

tailsmph

10-11-2013

Seems about right
You forgot the part where Hippaula$ "accidentally" sets Kitty Katarina to 1350RP for few days

nightheat

10-11-2013

Made me lmfao, riot should spend less on worlds. That band was not needed nor the punk guitar player

StationaryObject

10-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsmph View Post
Seems about right
You forgot the part where Hippaula$ "accidentally" sets Kitty Katarina to 1350RP for few days
I will gladly protests if ANY of the skins are set at anything above 975.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2013

Apparently, Morello is concerned about the business end of the company, even though he is on the design part of it.

12345 ... 10