Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FPS cap issues on Mac

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiSM0 z33

10-11-2013

Hi guys and gals

I used to be able to play League on everything very high except my shadows; they were on high and i would be able to run it at 60fps. Now, if I try and do that I'd be lucky to hit 15 fps so i've lowered my settings right down to everything very low and shadows off. Even after doing that, I can't get a higher fps than 30. I know for a fact my Mac is more powerful than some that my friends Windows computers they are using and they run it no problem. When will riot be fixing this problem? I've read other forums with people having the same problem. If there is a possible way to fix it please let me know.

Cheers

Josu

10-12-2013

Hey there,
I've run into the same exact problem since patch 3.12, I used to hit 40-50 FPS consistently with little to no drop in FPS even during teamfights. And now I at the lowest settings possible it hardly goes over 30, and drops to 10-20 during teamfights. As an ADC player, it's extremely frustrating, and after reading all these threads about Mac FPS drops since 3.12 I knew I wasn't the only one with this problem. Therefore, after some serious thread searching and much troubleshooting, I found a thread on Reddit that offers a solution through editing the .cfg file. I made the two simple changes it recommended with some success, my FPS now runs higher than the previous 30 it seemed to be limited to, it's around 35-45 FPS now which I can deal with. However, the fluctuations in FPS drop are still there in teamfights, and I notice when I press escape to open the game menu, my FPS will drop immediately after I close it. These are symptoms I've never experienced so far on my Mac playing League, so I definitely feel like I'm on the same boat as you.
A Rioter has responded in this thread, and to my knowledge that is the only official response so far: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3916261
And here's the link to the Reddit post with a makeshift solution:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1lwok6/fix_311_fps_drops_fixed_with_1_simple_command/

Good luck, and let me know how it works out for you! I would very much like to know

NiSM0 z33

10-14-2013

Hey thanks a lot for your help. I followed the steps on the link and i got my fps back up to 50! Even though it was on the lowest settings, it's great having the game run smoothly again. I really hope i can run it on really high settings though so i can see all of the awesome effects and details in the champs.