Mac Beta Client Improvements

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMightyRa

10-07-2013

The mac beta client has been out for some time, and it seems to me that bugs and crashes are way too often. Ive had to uninstall and re install 5 times since i got the mac beta. It seems to me that improving the LoL mac gaming experience is not on the riot priority list. I feel kind of forgotten.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

10-07-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

You're not forgotten at all. We have solid data that shows not only are there fewer Mac crashes in total but also that players are less likely to crash playing on a Mac than on a Windows machine.

Are you getting a bugsplat when you crash? Does any specific behavior lead up to the crash? You might consider sending a support ticket in with your logs and details. They may be able to help you troubleshoot what is causing the crash.

Nikodemious

10-07-2013

i dont know about crashing but i have good internet normally only have 28 ping and about 5 to 10 min in to any game my cursor gets reallly realllly laggy it will jump from place to place and as you can imagine its really hard to play with an unlocked screen let alone click on a target. i end up walking into the enemy numerous times a game. also it seams i dissconnect very often also. i know my computer gets hot but i play other games and it might get hot but it doesint affect performance.

acrid56

10-14-2013

i'm very happy with mac lol beta, and ive never had to reinstall only problems i sometimes have are post game stats, and the game window bug crashing when i click continue. i saty logged in however, and it causes no major problems with me

the biggest problem i have is my computer turning on its fan way too quickly- it doesn't do this for skyrim or heavy rendering... any idea why?