Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for Ziggs Q feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreyLazer

10-12-2013

I am surprised so many people don't like this change. I've been playing Ziggs on and off since his release, and I have always wanted this change. I hate when you want to quickly toss out a bomb, but your cursor is just slightly far and Ziggs walks forward.

However, this is from a purely smart casting perspective, which favors fast action. I could see how this would be annoying for normal casting Ziggs players that might precisely target the edge of the minion wave with their Q, expecting Ziggs to walk forward for them and put the bomb. Now, these players have to be more aware of their range.

The change has advantages and disadvantages, but I think that people will get a sense of their range quickly if Ziggs throws it a set distance when you have your cursor at >max range.

Personally I highly advocate the change. It will improve responsiveness of the move by a lot, which I think is most important on a skill that fires fairly quickly.

EDIT: Just to argue a bit more for the change: the case where you want Ziggs to walk forward for you is non-optimal 90% of the time anyway. By the time he moves forward and throws the bomb your enemy has probably already moved away. Then again, it may just be that I prefer reaction-based play more than other people, but I feel like having Ziggs position himself for you is just lazy play.

CaptenAmazingMk2

10-13-2013

Quote:
Meddler:
Low CD line skillshots that perform well under those situations (Mystic Shot, Javelin Toss etc) are therefore the sort of model we're investigating, offering quick casts at max range without accidentally compromising your position.

Mystic shot and javelin toss go a lot further than zigg's bouncing bomb. Are you increasing the range of the ability to keep it thematically in line? Or letting it bounce further? If it goes far enough then this starts to make sense. I smart cast by default and use shift-Q if I want to know the range (I have line missile indicators turned off).

The change would be fine if the ability had some range.

Argodis

10-22-2013

Ziggs is one my favorite AP carries and I like this change. It takes a while to get use to, but overall bomb throwing feels more fluid and less jerky.

The biggest issue I had was the change was in 1v1 situations, or rather, situations where the enemy is expecting a bomb but beyond my max first bounce range. Previously, I would get close enough where I could just hit them directly with a bomb. However, now I kind of instinctively want to cast bombs from nearly max range and watch them bounce to the target. This makes the bombs fairly easy for enemies to dodge.

In every other situation, this change really helps me land more bombs than I usually would. It also allows me to be safer in team fights as I'm really able to take advantage of the 1400 bomb range.

I smartcast all of my abilities. I hope this change makes it to live.

Oh, and I like that more emphasis is being placed on Zigg's ability to siege.

LeoHark

10-23-2013

I like this change because Ziggs is a squishy champ and you don't want him to go near the enemy at all.
so sometime you want to do some mind game but not going too close to do so, so this makes ziggs even more fun for me.

The Ability to Instead throw the bomb on click is very good, Ziggs player just have to make mental memory of the bomb bounce range.

Just don't do that on his ult, it's ok if he walk a little to get in range for that.

PS:
I was trying him out using Smartcast.

RedEdge

10-24-2013

how about showing not only the casting range, but also the range where the bomb will will actual land?

by the way, why not let ALT+W (Satchel Charge) flings explosive charge by the side of Zigg's feet and knock Ziggs to where the mouse is (like quick cast ). it can help Ziggs' player dodge danger faster.

phar0ah1

10-24-2013

The change is great!! It makes his Q more reliable without taking away the mechanics of it. I thought it was going to be a bad change and when I first used it, the actual cast range was outside of the range indicator (if you use smart cast range indicators) but overall it still felt good and it made it more instant. GREAT CHANGE!

raaaaaaph

10-24-2013

On Pbe, ziggs have W and E Cooldown reduced?