Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for Ziggs Q feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krowjak

10-11-2013

Having no access to the PBE, I'm not able to test this out and get a feel for what the change would be like. However, I do remain skeptical to it. Now, Ziggs is my favorite champion by far; love his character, love his gameplay, love it all. So I understand the need to preserve his "bombardier" feel, that is, making quick decisive casts that reward good skill and aiming. However, I do think there's method behind this madness, and I feel this change might hinder him a bit. I used to play bit of Annie, and the connecting of her cone still feels unnatural to me (Now, I'm not an Annie main, so this may just be me being out of practice).

While I play Ziggs, however, I feel his Q is in a very good spot. I'm able to land my bombs quickly and accurately, and it feels natural and good to use. Any shot I've missed is usually a result of poor judgment on my part, so I don't blame the mechanics of it. I assume there's a reason for the change, here, and without testing, I couldn't say for sure if it feels better or worse. As of right now, however, I feel that the skillshot is in a good spot. For a champion completely based on skillshots, it's important to keep them all mechanically sound, I know. But definitely keep an eye on it. I'd had to have the ability that is essentially the bread and butter for my favorite champion start feeling awkward.

Just a Ziggs main voicing his opinion, here.

Misacat

10-11-2013

I wouldn't like this change since, especially in laning phase, it helps harass the opponent, and would make lobbing and bouncing that bomb over minions for that poke.... It will take that precision away.

His Ult is like a way bigger version of his Q, so both should act similarly.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-11-2013

Thanks for the feedback so far all.

To provide a bit more context we'd like to increase Ziggs' siege/anti siege capabilities a bit this patch as part of an effort to give him a more distinct late game niche. There are a couple of other changes in the patch (E and R damage in minions in particular) that also support this intended direction. Low CD line skillshots that perform well under those situations (Mystic Shot, Javelin Toss etc) are therefore the sort of model we're investigating, offering quick casts at max range without accidentally compromising your position.

This effectively shifts the mechanical skill needed to play Ziggs succesfully around a bit, making accurate placements a bit more challenging while offering reliable max range shots (a lot of the time players are missing out on the Q's max range at present).

Hydroc777

10-11-2013

I got to play a game as Ziggs earlier today, and I have to say that I definitely like the new casting on his Q. So often I use it to try to just poke a little, and I really feel like it adds a bit more fluidity to controlling him to be able to just toss out the Bouncing Bombs, especially in late game. It DOES take a little getting used to, but I think it's overall going to be better for him.

Godskore

10-11-2013

@Meddler

Can you please give us a hint on champion #117 that certainlyT is making since the we only got 7 champions this season so far versus over 15 last season.

alteast just one hint please

AFuzzyMuffin

10-11-2013

It's nice to see something like this going on.

ChauclateThunder

10-12-2013

I was just yelling in my head the other day while on ziggs live "why can't I throw this max range with out moving?" Then I found this thread. But after reading it, yes, it would trade alot of his skill away just for that one hail-marry pass as quoted in this thread. I do feel cheated sometimes when I throw a bomb and it flies far but the resulting bounces fall short for some reason? Lets say ziggs has a base attack range of 400. I throw a Q with in the range and the bomb does a pitiful bounce. Then I try and throw a max range Q and for some reason I get a pitiful bounce there too even after I walked into range for the throw.
Now, what I'm asking is that his bounce mechanic be looked at. Maybe thats the issue and not the walking into range part.

Exacerberus

10-12-2013

Quote:
Meddler:
Hey all.

The current patch on the PBE has a change to Ziggs' Q targeting where, if the target location is out of range, he'll cast in that direction, rather than walking into range of that location to cast. Effectively this means Bouncing Bomb acts somewhat like a line skillshot. The intent here is to make it easier to throw Bouncing Bomb at max range, particularly in hectic fights when trying to stay as safe as possible while still putting out damage.

Feedback would be much appreciated on this change, particularly whether you found it overall harder or easier to use, particularly during the early laning phase and during late game sieges or teamfights. Would also be great to know if you were playing with Quickcast (smartcast) or regular cast.
The change is great (particularly in teamfights), especially with quickcast (I use both normal cast on regular button and quickcast and selfcast on modifiers such as Shift and Alt).
That being said, you promised you would have operated such change on Orianna's ball as well (she needs it badly).

l1ghtn1ngt4m3r

10-12-2013

Manage to play a Ziggs game today and loved it. Personally I smart cast and after the first few levels I didn't notice a thing. I was actually more accurate when it came to harassing and much safer in lane because I never ran forward. I think this would make a bigger impact on people who don't smartcast, but otherwise I'd give it the go ahead.

CaptReynolds

10-12-2013

I won't be able to try it myself (i'm not on the PBE) but I just picked up Ziggs and wished for exactly this change. I eventually got the hang of it but it made it harder to use it as a zoning or quick harass tool. I approve of this change.