Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for Ziggs Q feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-10-2013

Hey all.

The current patch on the PBE has a change to Ziggs' Q targeting where, if the target location is out of range, he'll cast in that direction, rather than walking into range of that location to cast. Effectively this means Bouncing Bomb acts somewhat like a line skillshot. The intent here is to make it easier to throw Bouncing Bomb at max range, particularly in hectic fights when trying to stay as safe as possible while still putting out damage.

Feedback would be much appreciated on this change, particularly whether you found it overall harder or easier to use, particularly during the early laning phase and during late game sieges or teamfights. Would also be great to know if you were playing with Quickcast (smartcast) or regular cast.

Yousonerfed

10-10-2013

I feel this would screw too much with the way I'm used to playing as Ziggs. I've learned how to calculate his shot distance with his current aiming style, so having it fire even out of maximum range would screw with that.

Do you think you could make this targeting style optional? As in, something you can turn on/off in the game options? That would give people the best of both worlds.

Or is that something that requires too much code?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-10-2013

Quote:
Yousogreat:
I feel this would screw too much with the way I'm used to playing as Ziggs. I've learned how to calculate his shot distance with his current aiming style, so having it fire even out of maximum range would screw with that.

Do you think you could make this targeting style optional? As in, something you can turn on/off in the game options? That would give people the best of both worlds.

Or is that something that requires too much code?

Right now at least we don't have a practical way of setting this up as an optional change so we're really interested in finding out how this affects the use of the skill.

Would be great to hear your thoughts after you've had a chance to try this in game. This is something I was pretty skeptical of myself (hence the existing targeting) that, after actually playing it myself, I found actually felt really natural.

Furi Kuri

10-10-2013

I really think you guys should get to making multiple targeting systems. As an Annie main it was knee jerking getting us to an attached cone. I think Ziggs mains will also have a hard time adapting to a new targeting system.

Mappy

10-10-2013

This is very unrelated, but Just reading your post gave me a cool idea...

what if Ziggs could charge his Q for more range, like xerath or vaurs! This would give him a slight buff (as initial range will have to be nerfed and max range buffed)and would simply be a fitting mechanic.

Yousonerfed

10-10-2013

Quote:
Meddler:
Right now at least we don't have a practical way of setting this up as an optional change so we're really interested in finding out how this affects the use of the skill.

Would be great to hear your thoughts after you've had a chance to try this in game. This is something I was pretty skeptical of myself (hence the existing targeting) that, after actually playing it myself, I found actually felt really natural.

Unfortunately I don't have PBE access. I just read these to get a picture of what's to come in future patches, and seeing this Ziggs change was a definite turn-off.

And seeing as you don't have a "practical way" to make the change optional, I'd suggest that you get your guys working on it at some point. It'd be a good thing for everyone.

Gidoru

10-10-2013

I think the change is for the better.

Yousonerfed

10-10-2013

Quote:
Mappy4ever:
This is very unrelated, but Just reading your post gave me a cool idea...

what if Ziggs could charge his Q for more range, like xerath or vaurs! This would give him a slight buff (as initial range will have to be nerfed and max range buffed)and would simply be a fitting mechanic.

The issue here is that Ziggs is a manic little guy who just chucks explosives with a Cheshere Cat Smile (sp?); his playstyle with Bouncing Bomb is that it's meant to be frequent damage, since the rest of his kit has bad cooldowns.

As such, I don't think that charge-up mechanic would be a good idea.

Krufix

10-11-2013

I kinda like the change, it makes it minutely quicker to shoot if you were just a milimeter too far away.
It's not too different however as an initial impression, I'm always casting it at max range anyway so the change doesn't affect me much.

If you are looking into Ziggs changes I have an irrelevant to his Q request, if he throws a passive empowered auto at a target which dies before it lands, is there any way to make is so his passive won't be consumed?

Khristophoros

The Council

10-11-2013

I think it'll hurt his laning because precisely placed bombs on minions is key to poking the opponent. Basically it's like... the exact position where you threw the bomb is where the center of the explosion is as long as there is a unit within the impact range. So with very precise placement you can have it explode just on the edge of minions to hit a nearby champion.

I think it'll be harder to do that precisely because targeting slightly out of the cast range will no longer cause Ziggs to walk into range.