Just a guess...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCRSnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2013

But based on what I saw on Surrender@20 it appears that Riot has some loading portraits of old Harrowing skins on the PBE. I believe they aren't intending to sell these skins again but might instead make them available for summoners to use for a limited time (similar to the weekly champion rotation).

I'm only making this post because I personally believe that if this were Riot's intent the backlash in the community might be pretty nasty. Some players have been begging, pleading and offering their first born children for some of these skins for a long time. Teasing them for the Harrowing and then removing them isn't close to what they want.

I'm not personally one of these summoners but I'd hate to see flared tempers and burned down forums if this were to go badly.

Dekker Prime

10-10-2013

No idea what youre talking about, subject went from surrendering games to champion skins in a matter of seconds.

MrCRSnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker Prime View Post
No idea what youre talking about, subject went from surrendering games to champion skins in a matter of seconds.
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/10...date.html#more

Kids today, can't take 20 seconds and look for themselves.

KhaotixKhaos

10-10-2013

According the post on the thread you posted this thread on the OP of that thread posted a post by Hippaluse stating they are possibly changing so that people originally bought it at the time get that special load screen splash while newer people don't.

MrCRSnow

10-10-2013

Let's hope that's correct.

HesOnTop

10-10-2013

I pray that this comes through. Tears of joy will flow all over the world when it does.

Insentience

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCRSnow View Post
I'm not personally one of these summoners but I'd hate to see flared tempers and burned down forums if this were to go badly.
Why would you hate to see that

It would be hilarious

Remember Goth Annie? That was 10/10 hilarity

KhaotixKhaos

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insentience View Post
Why would you hate to see that

It would be hilarious

Remember Goth Annie? That was 10/10 hilarity
Yeah but unlike Goth Annie the original owners are getting something good not cheated out of money.