@Riot: So about these LE (Limited Edition) Skin Portraits

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dethsplosion

10-10-2013

So Riot is now releasing these LE Portraits for the "Limited Skins." I wounder why they're doing this, everyone should know that these were limited skins to begin with right?
Name:  LE Portraits.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  141.0 KB
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/10...be-update.html

I picked up a couple of quotes from both Ymir and Hippalus.

Ymir saying they're steering clear from Limited skins now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir
We're trying to move away from Limited Skins, we have new guys joining all the time and it's always disappointing for them not to have a crack at a skin which is perfect for their personality.

We also have guys who may miss out on it for other reasons and we want to do right by them as well. We know there's people who prize them, but to us it doesn't really outweigh other people having the opportunity to enjoy them.
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.co...6#post13426846

And with Hippalus saying this about rewarding people who get the skin first time it's released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus
I agree with that, and before we bring Championship Thresh back, we will likely find a way to do something (small) for the original owners. An icon could be the answer, or something on the skins signifying that you were an original owner. No promises though.
I believe Riot is bringing back Limited Skins by giving the first time owners Limited Edition portraits showing they bought them during the first time being released. I for one think this is cool, but what are your thoughts on this theory?

wapster

10-10-2013

all this shows me is that riot was too lazy this year to make new halloween skins

riot

pls

why

Blade of Justic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2013

I'm good with this.

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I would insta-buy all of these skins even if I don't play the champs.

Barbarian Bill

10-10-2013

I
Want
Kitty
Kat
Katerina
No
Matter
What!

KhaotixKhaos

10-10-2013

Idc i want that Fiddle Skin

HesOnTop

10-10-2013

OMG YES! if they are re-releasing them i'll be so damn happy. Best way to distract the players from Ahri's unwarranted nerfs

Flutterham

10-10-2013

Does this mean that I'll be able to have Championship Riven without sawing off an arm and leg? ;~;

Brabeum

10-10-2013

Giving the original purchasers some kind of marking on their limited skin icons seems like a sensible compromise. They still get to show off the fact that they bought them originally, while millions of newer players can then get a chance at getting those skins too.

Barbarian Bill

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutterham View Post
Does this mean that I'll be able to have Championship Riven without sawing off an arm and leg? ;~;
I have it, but seeing that original owners will get portraits to show. I don't care anymore about people having championship riven if purchasable during S4 Finals.

Dethsplosion

10-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabeum View Post
Giving the original purchasers some kind of marking on their limited skin icons seems like a sensible compromise. They still get to show off the fact that they bought them originally, while millions of newer players can then get a chance at getting those skins too.
That's why I like this idea. Hopefully a Rioter responds to this.