Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mid Zyra Nerf compensation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devils

10-24-2013

Her variance in mid is a critical point.. anyone with some sort of gap closing ability just destroys her. I feel like Riot refuses to acknowledge that. I feel she's pretty balanced .. especially when you compare her to a champ like Fizz who may need a bit more balancing. These nerfs are really upsetting to see. :/

Current PBE status of Zyra's nerfs:

Deadly Bloom ( Q ) range reduced by 25.
Deadly Bloom ( Q ) AP ratio increased to .65 from .6
Q base damage lowered to 70/105/140/175/210 from 75/115/155/195/235
Rampant Growth ( W ) range increased by 25
Rampant Growth ( W ) passive cooldown reduction reduced to 2/4/6/8/10% from 4/8/12/16/20%

TomatoTamago

10-24-2013

although it is only in PBE but i shows that they have the intention to nerf her...

The Ghost Orchid

10-25-2013

Quote:
Ginga:
So I just realized. With the changes to her Q, if my math is correct, it takes roughly 500 AP TO EVEN BREAK EVEN.

Remember the Zyra who has to build Chalice first for survivability against the likes of Ahri? Remember the Zyra who prefers to go the Liandries+Rylai's+MPEN route? What about those of us who wanted to play her as something other than a pure glass cannon AP huh?!?

WHY must you force all Zyra players to rush Rabadon's, DFG, and other glass cannon AP items? Is there anything wrong with the players who built Liandries+Rylai's+MPEN on her? Was that really all that "OP"?

Your math is correct. And the ridiculous thing is that that is 500 ap at level 9 just to get your old numbers. That is of course, impossible, meaning her damage is going to be way less until way into the late game. That's absolutely by no means 'mid compensation.'

I wouldn't mind this so much if her plants were getting any buff, but I'm not counting on that happening say.... ever. I really thought that they were going to target nerf her support game with base damage reductions and incentivize mid with more decent ap rations. Jeez, even a 0.7 ratio would make it WAY more reasonable.

Then of course they're also simultaneously kicking her passive cdr in the pants. I always preferred ranking up W before E when going mid, sacrificing some damage to get the CDR, but now there's basically no point in going W first over E.

They say that people were over valuing the CDR on her W, saying that 10% is what.... like... 350 something gold? The point though, is that without that CDR, it almost shoehorns her into certain builds now and that's really lame.

Sigh.

TomatoTamago

10-25-2013

they force zyra to buy athene now

old zyra can be rylai liandry or archangel RoA or athene
new zyra can only athene because she is useless without cd

TomatoTamago

10-25-2013

let ulti makes plant be permanent instead of having time as lifespan.This makes enemy champion cant ignore them.
This is what u have to do if u wan plant based lol although i find it too strong ?